Texas Texas Chapter

Who is good at designing stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 05:23 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is good at designing stickers?

Who is good at designing stickers? I want to slap a 4ROCTX on my rig like yesterday.

Also, A while ago when I was looking into starting up a TX 4ROC I found a site to register a new state participating. The only 4roc site I found now does not have anything like that...does anyone know if we actually have to sign up for 4roc or do we just become members of 4roc?
Old 04-11-2004, 06:50 AM
Contributing Member

our decals
Old 04-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Contributing Member

So we want a Texas as the background. Sounds good to me. The only thought I have about that is that it might make for an odd shaped sticker. It also may make the sticker be a little on the large side. Or we could have a the state of Texas at each end of the 4ROC. Or we could do something with the Texas flag like make the font colored as the flag or put the letters on top of the flag. I'm just throwing out ideas so feel free to shoot them down.

Can we use some cool font on our sticker? Kinda like one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=50449

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=50448

What would be a good program to play with these stickers on? Photoshop?

I want to mess with them but don't currently have the software. (My dad has photoshop, I just haven't had the chance to get it.)

Let's get some feedback.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by AgRunner06
So we want a Texas as the background. Sounds good to me. The only thought I have about that is that it might make for an odd shaped sticker. It also may make the sticker be a little on the large side. Or we could have a the state of Texas at each end of the 4ROC. Or we could do something with the Texas flag like make the font colored as the flag or put the letters on top of the flag. I'm just throwing out ideas so feel free to shoot them down.

I like the 4roc font ( like the TRD style font with the racetrack R) and I was thining of maybe a small state outline below the 4 ( or the OC )... or a TX under the 4 (or the OC ).

also, I would sort of like to emulate the TRD standard decal colors with the texas state flag, or state outline or TX in the texas flag colors.

these are just what I had in my head...I am interesten in all of your thoughts

Last edited by Herkengineer; 04-12-2004 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:01 AM
Banned

I think all of these ideas are awesome. They'll be easier to picture once some of us can draw some up and post them. Something with TX for sure ... I like the idea of the state outline ... or at least, I'd like to see what something like that might look like.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:11 AM
Contributing Member

Mojo Risin, He makes the CO4RJ Stuff he has a Cafe Press Store too.

Last edited by Albuquerque Jim; 04-13-2004 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:57 AM
Contributing Member

Cafepress decals suck... IMHO.

But, I'm picky about my declas. Personally I wouldn't purchase anything other than di-cut decals. Here is a nicer page of our NC decals. HERE

Though... if you want a real image of your state flag etc you should probably stay away from the di-cut decals. I like ideas though. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. If you end up going with the standard 4Roc let me know and it wouldn't be hard for my guy to make you guys some. Anything from 8" (I woudln't go any smaller) to 24" for the back window. Let me know if I can help you out any as I have already been down this road.

Ps, about the site...
I made the NC site and the deal is you have to make/host your own site and then the WA guys will give you a redirect. For instance... The real url to the 4RocNC site is on my website...

http://homepage.mac.com/turboale/4Roc.htm

but, they gave me the re-direct

http://nc.4roc.org

Good luck! I'll start checking over here everynow and then. PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited by turboale; 04-13-2004 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
Cafepress decals suck... IMHO.

But, I'm picky about my declas. Personally I wouldn't purchase anything other than di-cut decals. Here is a nicer page of our NC decals. HERE

Though... if you want a real image of your state flag etc you should probably stay away from the di-cut decals. I like ideas though. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. If you end up going with the standard 4Roc let me know and it wouldn't be hard for my guy to make you guys some. Anything from 8" (I woudln't go any smaller) to 24" for the back window. Let me know if I can help you out any as I have already been down this road.

Ps, about the site...
I made the NC site and the deal is you have to make/host your own site and then the WA guys will give you a redirect. For instance... The real url to the 4RocNC site is on my website...

http://homepage.mac.com/turboale/4Roc.htm

but, they gave me the re-direct

http://nc.4roc.org

Good luck! I'll start checking over here everynow and then. PM me if you have any questions.
Thanks for the info..that will help out alot. I too am a fan of the die-cut decals...so who knows how or what we have in or on our stickers.

I wish I was good with paint programs or I would put on here my ideas....I have some in my head but I can not explain them too well..but again I am a fan of the standard type 4roc that the rest of the states have....no need to re invent the wheel.

hey, I saw the NC stickers you have..nice
Do you guys only have the one color? (white/red)?
I would also like to have a color option...
what do you all think?

Last edited by Herkengineer; 04-13-2004 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Banned

I have a load of webspace because my brother runs a hosting/design company ... so, if you guys want us to have a texas4roc page, just let me know
Old 04-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Banned

oh, I also have some .mac webspace, so we could have it there if that'd be better. I'll cross post this to our chapter forum.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:41 PM

I was doodling TX 4Roc logos in class today. I don't have photoshop on this comp, so I can't actually make it, but the idea was basically making the "4" blue with the middle hole in it a white star, and the rest of the lettering red/white, mimicking the state flag.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:18 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by snoozer
The idea was basically making the "4" blue with the middle hole in it a white star, and the rest of the lettering red/white, mimicking the state flag.
That sounds real cool
Old 04-13-2004, 02:41 PM
Banned

that does sound cool ... can you take a picture of your doodle and maybe post that?
Old 04-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Contributing Member

Here is something I whipped up...

Needs some work, but its a start maybe... I can send the psd to anyone that wants it.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Who is good at designing stickers?-4roctx.jpg  
Old 04-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Banned

hey turboale, that's a great start!
Old 04-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
Here is something I whipped up...

Needs some work, but its a start maybe... I can send the psd to anyone that wants it.

Cheers
That is very cool!!
thanks for taking your time to help out Turboale
I have photoshop 7 and paint shop pro 7 and I cant figure them out to save my life..I cant seem to interlace two images
here is something else I was thinking:

In the traditional 4roc/TRD/TTORA font (thith the race track R)
have the 4 where the hole in the 4 is the star and the 4 be in blue font and the ROC be split in two and be the red/white like the right side of the flag...
damn, I wish I could use those programs

I know its so hard to understand what someone else is thinking.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Contributing Member

Anyone have the original font they can send?
I want to work on this.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Banned

yeah ... if we could get ahold of that font, that'd be cool.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Contributing Member

There is no font.... it was just an image. If you want to drag it into illistrator and make a vector file out of it you would be the man and the coolest persion EVER!!

Here is a descent one...

I see what your saying. You want basicly what I did with the original 4Roc logo. I would do it but I have to run to the photo lab to do some prints. I'll see what you guys have come up with in a couple hours. good luck!

Last edited by turboale; 04-13-2004 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member

Either the original font, or the largest version of any logo that is available.
I'm talking big big.

Quick Reply: Who is good at designing stickers?