Texas Texas Chapter

Web Site Ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okay, if you think that's best, then i trust you.

anyway.... i still think that on that page, there should only be, at most, 2 pictures ... one at top and one at the bottom ... but not another in the middle. also, is there any way to make it so that the page actually fills the browser display? right now, it only fills about half the page/browser.

if i make a collection of links for us to put there, would that be okay for me to compile and then send to you so we can incorporate that into the site? i would really like to do that if that would be okay with you?
Old 05-25-2004, 11:32 AM
Banned

also, Blake, I'm making the splash page (though we can change that later if you don't like it) and I was wondering - what is the value for the color you are using on the main page? (the gray)
Old 05-25-2004, 11:36 AM

Sure send me all the links you think we'll need. As for the images, they're just there to fill space for now. Until we come up with some content.

Old 05-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Banned

http://tx4roc.com/

look okay for now?
Old 05-25-2004, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by 4route
http://tx4roc.com/

look okay for now?
Awesome!
Old 05-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Banned

okay, and i'll send you a list of links tonight ... thanks for all your hard work, Blake.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Banned

turns out i'm still working on the links .. having fun doing it, but not quite done.

i have one question ... when i'm making the links, do you think we should use their banners/graphics to link to them ... or just text?
Old 05-26-2004, 11:15 AM

Just text. Maybe we'll use Yotatechs banner though.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4route
turns out i'm still working on the links .. having fun doing it, but not quite done.

i have one question ... when i'm making the links, do you think we should use their banners/graphics to link to them ... or just text?
I think the Banner/Graphics is the best way to go...looks more clean
Old 05-26-2004, 02:45 PM

I didn't take the time to read the previous posts, so forgive me if I've overlooked something. It looks good. I like the graphics work and the simple outline. I would suggest a different font for the headings. The kerning is very close together for those of us running 1280x1024.

Will the news be dynamically generated on the main page or do you have to manually add it to that page every time?

I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like. In the mean time, I've got to design a site for a small company myself. I'll post a link once I get something so you guys can offer me suggestions .

Have fun.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by BlueTrane
I didn't take the time to read the previous posts, so forgive me if I've overlooked something. It looks good. I like the graphics work and the simple outline. I would suggest a different font for the headings. The kerning is very close together for those of us running 1280x1024.

Will the news be dynamically generated on the main page or do you have to manually add it to that page every time?

I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like. In the mean time, I've got to design a site for a small company myself. I'll post a link once I get something so you guys can offer me suggestions .

Have fun.
Thanks for the tips. I'll work on making those changes. The news will be loaded in from an XML or txt file. Which ever I think may be easiest for others to update.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:15 PM

Hey guys, I'll be taking a two day break from the site for other work. I would like you guys to take the time to make any important changes to the site before I start again. IE links on the main nav_bar. I'll be incorporating a guest book that will take the place of the gear link. We can have a link to "other links" on the bottom along with the gear link and what ever else we may need. As of right now, the main nav_bar consists of "Home, Member Sign Up, Trail Rides, Trail Planning, Member Rigs and Guest Book." Please let me know if this needs to be changed before Sunday as it will be quite difficult to adjust later on with what I have planned.

On the lower part of the site we will have the fallowing links "Links, Gear and what ever else you guys can come up with." These can be easily changed later.

Also, could someone please work on the text for the main page? Please?
Outline:
Welcome
Who we are
Why we are
What we do
How welcome you are
And what ever else you can think of.
I'll be devoting a lot of time to this site and once I get started it will be hard to make changes later. Are we happy with the layout? Each page will be similar but unique to its own.

Let me know. Thanks

Blake
Old 05-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Banned

That looks great, Blake. I don't think that there is a big rush on this, so please don't worry about it. There is a lot of content to write up, and that is going to take awhile. I will work on writing the above, but first I think we should discuss these things ... we've only met up once as a group, and so we haven't talked much about "who we are" "why we are" or "what we do" ... I mean, I know what we do. Wheel! But as far as who and why ... if more of you guys could chime in here and list some of "why" we're here, that'd be a lot of help and I could write from that.

the things I think of off the top of my head are:

fun of wheeling
getting muddy
recovering each other out of the mud
admiring all our trucks
helping each other wrench

what else?
Old 05-27-2004, 08:07 PM
Banned

as far as the design goes, Blake it looks great and I don't think of anything that needs to be changed. just a lot of content, and I'll try to get some of that out soon. please don't let it stress you out though - there's no rush on this, and it will take me a little while to write some content.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:14 PM

There may be no rush for you guys but there is a rush for me. I have the time available to me now and I want to use it. I will be starting on blakeandjess.com and other projects as soon as I get back to Fort Worth. Once I get back to Fort Worth I wont be able to devot anymore time to it so I'd like to get as much done as possible. The content can wait, you'll be able to update that with a simple txt file. So
Old 05-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Banned

okay, well, I think it looks perfect. I do still wonder though if you can make it so that it either takes up the entire browser window, or at least is centered in it ??

Other than that ... I can't think of anything else. Thank you very much for all of your hard work on this, Blake.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:21 PM

I can make it centered easy. We'll never have enough content to use all the white space. But I'll center it.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:23 PM
Banned

okay, well, just centered will be good then. thank you!