Texas Texas Chapter

TX4Roc meet at Barnwell?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4route
guys ... I said I would come out again, and that I wasn't giving up!!

My runner wasn't stock, it had the 3" lift, and I have put a lot of work into it!!

anyway .. I said I WAS frustrated, but that I WASN'T going to give up. Reread post #53, and you'll see.
OK ok, sounds good!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 05:17 PM

guys ... I said I would come out again, and that I wasn't giving up!!

My runner wasn't stock, it had the 3" lift, and I have put a lot of work into it!!

anyway .. I said I WAS frustrated, but that I WASN'T going to give up. Reread post #53, and you'll see.

Hehe you get the impression you were liked? :

Oh yeah and hey 4route don't give up
Old 05-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Banned

actually, i don't think it necessarily had to do with them liking me, i think they're also just really nice, and they seem kind enough that i think they'd say these things (ie they would be just as genuine and kind) to anyone who come out and wheeled with them even once. has nothing to do with me, just with the general genuine demeanor of these tx4roc guys.

(NOT SAYING THEY ARE INSINCERE)

in fact, even if all you have is a bicycle, but you live in texas, i would still suggest coming out.

Last edited by 4route; 05-11-2004 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Banned

any idea how many hours from DFW to Barnwell??
Old 05-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Contributing Member

either pm me some addresses (doesn't have to be yours, just one thats close b/c i know how protective you are) and I'll slap it in my new mapping software and i'll tell you exactly how long, how long its going to take and what directions. or... you can go to mapquest.com

PS, I know you said you weren't giving up... I just wanted to make sure... and from what I have read your 4Roc chapter is as nice as ours and thats something that doesn't happen in the hopped up car world. Man I love 4x4 clubs... Guess thats why I started one

Last edited by turboale; 05-11-2004 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Banned

about 2.5 hours, from the looks of it on mapquest ..
Old 05-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Contributing Member

It's worth it!! I drove 5.5hrs for our last meet. You have no excuse!! Get a convoy together and everyone either get or borrow a radio and the trip will go by in no time! They are a great investment. I always bring 3 to all our meets incase people forget or don't have one. It really makes things easier, espically when you get spotters etc.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Banned

2.5 hours is actually fine by me. if i am able to do it, i sure will.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:15 PM

I'm installing a new CB next week sometime. 4Route I have an old Radio Shack radio I would hook you up with. I'll make it so you can plug it into your cig lighter. You'll have to buy a magnet antenna though.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:09 PM

one of my buddies live in the apt on trinity which is 1 min from where you guys wheeled last weekend. i'm just too late huh :pat: would love to make it to barnwell though

Originally Posted by Wild_Bill
Dude it's already been laid to rest, let it die, leave this thread as a Barnwell trip thread. So are you a TX owner? You gonna come to Barnwell?
Old 05-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Contributing Member

Seems like we are having more people joining our 4ROC,TX
Old 05-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Banned

get off my case, yotapete. i was being nice to you, and you had no right to send me a PM saying those things. you are welcome to our club, but don't forget that i am a part of it too, so don't start this ˟˟˟˟ that is going to make everything weird. just drop it. i made a thread (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f94/maybe-will-clear-things-up-you-32498/) to clear things up once and for all for EVERYONE, so read it and then leave me alone. i'm not going to talk about this again in here.

Back to the Barnwell trip...

what mods will you guys have done by then?

Last edited by 4route; 05-11-2004 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:54 PM

ok, I apologize if you think I do not have the right to PM you. And I didn't pick on you and that's why I asked you to pardon my language if I did offend you on the subject title. I was so excited when I figured that you guys have the tx4roc here at yotatech.com. As I read the thread I got even more excited that I would be able to go wheeling in the near future as what you guys did last weekend. But then, I started to scratch my head and wonder what's going on because there was some misunderstanding as you claimed. I understand that's not fair for you to judge you as what kinda person you're. So, I just ignored what I have read . But then, when I was back to yotatech again this evening, it pissed me a little when you said they didn't necessarily like you or something like that. Anyway, long story short. I just hope the next time when tx4roc go wheeling, we will all have fun. If whatever I said made you felt that you are not showing up for Barnwell just because I will be there, I won't go. That's my bad, guys!! and gal!!
Old 05-11-2004, 10:57 PM

thanks for the warmth welcome, ranma21!

Originally Posted by ranma21
Seems like we are having more people joining our 4ROC,TX
Old 05-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Contributing Member

Hey whoever you are yotapete. All of us who were wheeling out there love 4Route. She was just a bit nervous and new to the whole thing and all of us out there were having fun. Some of us had some misunderstanding and tension when we got back, but we are cool now and love each other. You weren't out there with us you have no idea what was going on, you can't just jump out of no where and start shooting people. Please watch your mouth and be a gentleman when you say things. And remember she is a sweet lady who is nice enough putting together this 4ROC TX thing.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:09 PM

Once again, I apologize. I will keep my mouth shut then!!
Old 05-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Banned

please, don't keep your mouth shut ... we just all need to respect each other and if we think someone is saying something bad, we should ask them before assuming the worst.

all us tx4roc'ers love each other, and we will love you too. i hope you will come out and have fun with us, you'll see then that everything is all good between all of us, and you.

a little respect never hurt though, and i am trying my best to clear everything up.

back on topic ... yotapete, what kind of truck do you have?
Old 05-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Banned

yotapete, please join us.

tell us some about your truck!! what year, what color, what mods?
Old 05-12-2004, 02:59 AM

Back to the Barnwell trip...

what mods will you guys have done by then?
Besides what's done now, absoluteley nothing, too broke, too busy. Actually the only other things I really need at this point are regear/lockers and a winch, both of which are too far out of reach financially right now. (Read: military paycheck+two kids+wife+car payment+house payment+school loan for wife=not much left for the old runner .

By the way when do you sleep 4route ?
Old 05-12-2004, 05:05 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Wild_Bill
(Read: military paycheck+two kids+wife+car payment+house payment+school loan for wife=not much left for the old runner .
Preach it Brother!! I am right there with you...except, trade one of your kids for 2 dogs and a cat... I am lucky only in the fact that we were able to put 50% down on out house (thanks wife for selling your condo in San Diego )

I=Broke
How about a Military raise that =s the % that Congress gives themselves?

Quick Reply: TX4Roc meet at Barnwell?