Texas Texas Chapter

Texas Roll Call

Old 01-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Texas Roll Call

Yeah I know it's a big ass state, but now that RedRunnerTC and I have moved here I thought I'd see who on YT is in Texas.

We're in Houston (Clear Lake) Who else is on here? Oh and post a pic or 2!

Troy's rig aka "Ron"

Molly's old Rig aka "Tippy1"

Molly's new *kluged* rig aka "TippyII"

:jessica:

Last edited by Lysmachia; 01-30-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:27 PM

No pictures but I'm from Burleson suburb south of Ft. Worth! Welcome to Texas
Old 02-01-2011, 05:27 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks! There has to be more of us on here??
Old 02-01-2011, 06:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm here!!! Well, sorta. I am in France for a few more weeks, and then I will be home, which is close to Corpus. No pics yet, my 88 has been a workhorse, and I was waiting for it to die, and the revive it. Next month I hope have the 3.slo rebuilt and installed, to where it can actually be used again. right now it has 315K+ or -, and orig head gasket. But It does have bad valve seals and guides, maybe some broken rings as noted by the blowback(or blowby) and most recently a leaking water pump. But, she has never left me stranded, even tho I used to drive from Waco to NE Dallas everyday with the above mentioned issues, then stayed locked in 4x4 all day on the wetlands project, and the drive home. leaked/burned almost as much oil as gas. Never had any tailgaters!! You Houston folks recomend a machine shop in your area?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:33 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Rob here in the Bryan / College Station area. About 90 miles North of Houston. The B/CS chapter of the Texas 4wd club meets every other Sunday afternoon at 2pm at Brazos Valley Offroad Ranch for a breif meeting and free wheeling. You should try to make a few meetings, no membership required. My local Toyota group is planning on attending on 2/13/11. Here is my 4runner and a few wheeling pics from BVORR.

Last edited by yotarob2005; 02-01-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:36 AM

I have been to BVORR in the past with my early bronco. Rob, have yall ever ventured over to Gilmer up by Longview, or any of the parks out by Katemcy(K2, Hidden Falls, Trees) ?
Nice ride by the way, Ive been a lurker on this site for a while, gathering ideas for my old tired, trusty Toy, and have seen some of your posts. Cool.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:06 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I have been to Hidden falls and Long Ranch, I thought I heard that Trees was closed but I could be wrong. I would love to go to Gilmer soon, a few of my freinds just went a couple weeks ago but I couldn't make it.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 AM

You may be right about Trees. 2007 was the last time I have wheeled anywhere. Sheep trails in the Pyrennes in a front wheel drive Rental Renault is exciting, but hardly can be considered "fun" wheeling. I think Gilmer would be fun in a 4runner, my Early bronco on 35's was a bit short and tall to tackle some of the trails. I stood on the nose, and the tail a couple times, but did not roll over. In on weekend, I saw 3 jeeps on wreckers leaving!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey and welcome to Texas, Jimmy here in Austin. Updated with current pics

Last edited by 4ever4running; 02-24-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:54 PM

Gainesville here. About an hour north of DFW. If you take 35 to Oklahoma, we are the last town before you cross the red. Now most people use the bridge to cross into Oklahoma, but when you have a Yota you just drive through the river, as we are doing here

Old 02-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Contributing Member

How's the snow been for you guys up North? First ice storm for me! And yeah I've been invited to BVORR a few times. A couple of TxTTORA guys also belong to the Txas 4wd club... I havemn't made it as we need to do some work on Tippy. Awesome pics guys!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:22 PM

Usually I love a good healthy dose of snow and ice, love to wheel in it. This time I hate it because my oldest son has been in Cooks Childrens hospital in Fort Worth so I am just now getting back down here to see him.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Contributing Member

Ihope your son is OK!!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:55 PM

Trail Run????

I posted this in another thread and I thought I might post it here.

I am in the Army and I am leaving for Ft. Lewis washingtonm in about 7 months. So, I was wondering if anyone here in texas is interested in going on a trail ride sometime in the next three months.

I am located in Longview tx and I am willing to oraganize it if you guys are interested.

If you would like to go, please let me know so that I can get a roster up and running. I am up for suggestions on where to go and as stated in this thread there is a place out in gilmer (about 2 hours east of Dallas, TX) we can ride.

It would be a weekend event, all of us meeting friday night/ sat morning and camping out at the park. There are hotels within Gilmer if we choose to go there incase the spouses dont want to sleep outside.

Again, let me know if you guys are interested! I may be able to organize child care if someone needs it (my wife and I will be needing it so I can check to see if they are able to accept more children).

PM me if you would like me cell number.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:40 PM

New Braunfels, Tx here...
Old 02-23-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by WHAHAHAJR
New Braunfels, Tx here...

My wife and I's family is in new braunfels / canyon lake area! We go down there about once a month. Did you float the river this last 4th of July?
Old 02-23-2011, 04:01 PM

Thumbs up

I love to float but stay away during holidays. gets crazy

We use to go jump in the Comal float down, get out and go back to work during our lunch. Good times...

Last edited by WHAHAHAJR; 02-23-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by YOTAARMYGUY
I posted this in another thread and I thought I might post it here.

I am in the Army and I am leaving for Ft. Lewis washingtonm in about 7 months. So, I was wondering if anyone here in texas is interested in going on a trail ride sometime in the next three months.

I am located in Longview tx and I am willing to oraganize it if you guys are interested.

If you would like to go, please let me know so that I can get a roster up and running. I am up for suggestions on where to go and as stated in this thread there is a place out in gilmer (about 2 hours east of Dallas, TX) we can ride.

It would be a weekend event, all of us meeting friday night/ sat morning and camping out at the park. There are hotels within Gilmer if we choose to go there incase the spouses dont want to sleep outside.

Again, let me know if you guys are interested! I may be able to organize child care if someone needs it (my wife and I will be needing it so I can check to see if they are able to accept more children).

PM me if you would like me cell number.
Hey YOTAARMY,

I would definitely be down to go wheeling in the next couple months, it just all depends on when and where...I have a pretty busy schedule so I have to plan ahead. Let me know if/when you have some more details!

Last edited by 4ever4running; 02-28-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:34 PM

Exclamation The Master Plan.

Ok, Here is what i'm organizing.

Who: Anyone who wants to come! (Just send me your name and a contact number in a PM so I can get a roster and head count)

What: 2 Day Trail run and camp out. (Sat we ride, Sat night we camp, Sun we head home. We can also meet up Friday night and camp as well!)

When: 28th and 29th of May 2011

Where: Barnwell Mountain Recreation Center in Gilmer, TX. (Refer to the map on the web page for exact location and map quest info...web address is located at the bottom of this post)

Why: To have some fun!

Cost:
General Admission: $25.00 (Per Vehicle) $15.00 Primitive camping
(I'm not sure if you pay both but I will call and see I will also see if they can give us some kind of group / military discount)

Texas motorized trails coalition members: $12.50 (per vehicle) $7.50 Primitive camping
OOOOOORRRRR: You can pay $40.00 for a 1 year membership to the Texas Motorized Trails Coalition.

Barnwell Mountain Web Page: http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/

I figure May would be the best time because its far out enough for people to save money, take vacation, and what not. There are shower facilities and port-a-crappers at the park along with some other things (Check out the website for more details)

Oh, and this event will be for all ages and family friendly!!!!

Last edited by YOTAARMYGUY; 02-24-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks for the heads up. I am a definite Maybe.. LOL Reason being my sister is getting Married in mid June and I just don't know if I will even be here that weekend or will already be going back to CO to help her with stuff.

But I think it is fantastic you took the initiative to set this up. I know some guys down here who go to Gilmer a lot and they really like it. (I have unfortunately missed their last 2 trips as well)...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Texas Roll Call