Texas Texas Chapter

Probably moving to Dallas or Austin Area

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 11:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably moving to Dallas or Austin Area

Hey! Its been a long road to get to this decision, but there is a very good possibility I will be moving to either Austin or Dallas area. I will be heading that way June 20-28 to see what its like. If things go as planned, we'll be moving there sometime next summer.

We are hopeing to move to to the Austin area but if that doesn't work out, we may end up in the Dallas area and if so, it will likely be near DeSoto, where ever that is.

What can you all tell me about Dallas area/Austin Area? Is there any really good wheeling and camping type stuff out those ways? I'm currently in the Phoenix area and I think its gonna be really tough to beat it, but I'm willing to take that chance.

Although this is not as important - is there any snowboarding in in Texas? I've been snowboarding for a very long time I don't think I have have ever heard of any, but that doesn't mean its not there.Before I moved to Arizona 7 years ago I would have never thought there was any good snowboarding here, but there actually is a couple places that I really enjoy.

Thanks in advance for anything you guys can tell me.

Last edited by lofreqjeff; 05-26-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:03 AM

Isn't there any wheelers in Texas?

That is kinda scary to think I might be the only one!
Old 05-24-2008, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope your not the only one. Move to Austin. Dallas sucks.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Psh there's nothing wrong with Dallas, he's a liar.

But no, there's no snowboarding around here. No mountains = No snowboarding. There are a few places to wheel, but not many. Katemcy is closer to the Austin area, it's an OHV park thats primarily rock crawling (I believe, i've never had the chance to make it down there). Then there's Barnwell Mountain which is closer to the Dallas area. Again i've never made it up to it, but I heard its pretty fun.

Any question, just ask
Old 05-27-2008, 12:24 PM

We have only been looking in the Austin area so far. I think she'd rather stay here in Az than move back to DeSoto.

I'm gonna see what I can find as far as wheelin spots before we head out and maybe rent an FJ Curiser for a couple days while we are there and check out the trails.

I didn't expect to find much in the way of snowboarding. I guess I'll just have to trade a few of my snowboards for more wakeboards! I hear there's lots of wakeboarding around Austin. I go wakeboarding a lot here in the summer, so it will be a good trade off - I end up having to flying for most of our snowboarding trips anyway.

Thanks for the imput guys - any other info anyone wants to throw at me feel free - I'd appreciate it!
Old 05-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snowboarding in Texas??

Only if bulls*** was white.