Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

Yotatech for android!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Yotatech for android!

Hey guys, I just had a wonderful idea. I think it would be awesome to release an app for android for the yotatech site! I know a little bit about this stuff and will be reading A LOT to learn how to make android apps. Maybe we can get a group of techie people to work on an app or something?! I just think it would be awesome to be able to run an app rather than the web!

Thanks,
Julian
Old 05-26-2010, 09:02 PM

I agree would love to see one for the iPhone
Old 05-26-2010, 09:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by adamsbro1
I agree would love to see one for the iPhone
pretty much!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:07 PM

It would be awesome to release it for bb android and iphone but lots and lots of work! I posted this then went back one page and found the post about yotatechs future guess I should have looked then posted lol.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:09 PM

Future??? What am I missing what's going to happen??
Old 05-26-2010, 09:14 PM

It was just asking what we (as yotatech'ers) would like to see happen in the future such as: java chat stuff like that!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:14 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Tech support was working on something for mobile phone surfing here.
There is that Tapatalk plugin, but they had something else in mind that would detect your mobile phone here when you browse here.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:08 AM

I am fully into the andriod also. Got it the week before they release the incredible. Almost wish I would have waited for the incredible as I never use the physical key board on the Motorola Driod. But oh well I love the thing.

Anyway, if you down load the photo bucket app, and then set it to auto upload you pics and vid to photobucket. It is really a snap to take a pic, then start a post, then cut and paste the link from photobucket into your post.

Later
Driod rocks
Old 05-27-2010, 02:39 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
That is cool Photobucket has an app.
I do not use the bucket for my picture hosting, but that is a cool app anyways.

I hardly use my laptop anymore at home, just the power tower I built a few years back.

The Droid has pretty much replaced my laptop.
Just wait until the news update comes out, tethering a laptop to the Droids Verizon service will work, that is unless Verizon tells Google to water it down for us.
There is an app though that will do that now.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey
Tech support was working on something for mobile phone surfing here.
There is that Tapatalk plugin, but they had something else in mind that would detect your mobile phone here when you browse here.

Lol... I love it!

I really cannot stand windows, and the faulty software, that is rediculously high priced, and apple isnt much better..... I used to have windows xp on all my pc's, till I got my android phone....it runs so much faster and smoother then the windows phones, or sense ui phones, so I decided to give linux a shot on my pc's.... I will say, it takes a bit of getting used to, but it does everything that windows or mac os does, but without problems...and the best part...it FREE and open source, so if I dont like something about my distribution...I can change it.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:29 AM

I like the idea of the auto-detect mobile web, but now that smart phones are all the rave everyone has blackberrys, IPhones, and android based phones! I will start to read up on how to make an android app if tech can help with the coding for logins and and stuff like that! I hear you team420, I use ubuntu karmic on my personal computer I love it. But being that I'm so new to codes and command lines its a bit harder to use. TmCorbin, I bought the devour 2 weeks ago and its a pretty awesome phone! I do use the physical keyboard once in awhile, but after talking to a family friend who works for verizon I wish I had got the incredible. She said its completely worth not having a physical keyboard! All of you guys that have replied are awesome, I was sitting on my couch waiting for my browser to load YT and thought to myself that it would be awesome if I just had an app to run it!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My laptop is now gathering dust also.....

Originally Posted by Corey
That is cool Photobucket has an app.
I do not use the bucket for my picture hosting, but that is a cool app anyways.

I hardly use my laptop anymore at home, just the power tower I built a few years back.

The Droid has pretty much replaced my laptop.
Just wait until the news update comes out, tethering a laptop to the Droids Verizon service will work, that is unless Verizon tells Google to water it down for us.
There is an app though that will do that now.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:10 PM

So I have the Motorola Devour with motoblur. I was looking at the website and I was able to set up a news feed for YT using the RSS. Im not sure if the News widget is only on motoblur. So i was posting here to suggest others try it on phones without motoblur. all i had to do was do a long click on my home screen then clicked widgets and new you can rename it and click the + and click custom. Im using this RSS feed link! https://www.yotatech.com/external.php?type=rss2 If I can figure out how to I will take screen shots of it so everyone can see what it looks like!

Last edited by alil2cul4u; 06-08-2010 at 06:28 PM.