Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

What would you like to see in YotaTechs future?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:09 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
classics folder=great idea

Originally Posted by dewey
Corey, on another board that i look at occasionally, there is a "classic threads" section, its description says something like "threads that are just too good to lose".

I think that is an awesome idea. Tofer found some that need to be there. Kind of like a 'best of craigslist'...

Ricer-x's idea of regional subfolders is a great idea too

Not that post count actually means anything but I would like to see it where posts in Off Topic threads would not count...
Old 02-22-2008, 08:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
its time to chime in on the 4th page.

i think it should take only 6 months for a warning to go away especially if it was for something that was an accident, and was fueling all my rage lol.

but, after reading all 4 pages, i agree that we should have it like this

wheels (definately get too many wheel questions lately!!!!!!!)

MPG (every week we get at least 2 mpg threads!!!!!!!!)

paint (rattle can!! )

1st gen runners/pickups
-mods (then break off to engine mods and all other mods)
-maintenance (i like what was said earlier about the spark plugs and timing chains)
-help!

2nd gen runners/pickups

3rd gen....

4th....

taco's

cruisers

(no tundra's they already got a tundasolutions.com forum)

but whatever you do corey, do not remove that indiglo guages for the 2nd gen, im saving those when im bored and want to put them in my truck!!!

alsooooooo, what members could do is take the threads that you have created (say i need help on this or that) and place them in the appropriate category to help organize yotatech!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more forums and great articles.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:37 AM

oh yeah, forgot to mention, put a "lift" section in there too.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
It is done
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f168/
Permissions are set that you can reply to the articles in there, but you can not start up a new thread.
That would defeat the purpose of that section.

I tried to multiquote several here, but it did not work.
There is a bug either with the forum or on my end where I can not use the multiquote feature on every section.
It works some of the forums, but not all.

As far as adding in a ton of extra forums here for wheels, hubcaps, distributer caps, ect, we have to many now.

And as far as giving users permissions to move threads, that is mod like status.
It would end up in chaos.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:02 PM

i was wondering if there was a suggestion box. i thought of this earlier tonite, it may have already been suggested, i'm reading like 8 different threads right now and i'm not starting this one too, but i think it would be really helpful/interesting to have:

categorized picture threads for: tire size, bumpers, sliders, interior mods, etc.

so for example, for tire size have a different sticky thread for each tire size. anyone wondering what X size would look like with various lifts could see all the pics in one thread. imagine a string of all the 33x12.5-15s in one place. handy if you're considering that size, and would cut down on repeat noobie questions too.

same for bumpers by body style. we could see all different versions of front bumpers for one body in one thread for easy comparison.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
goes back to keyword'ing images..... that an easy search if people put keywords in their images in the gallery.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:03 AM

Theme Skin colors

I'd like to throw out the possibility to have another theme-skin available in the CP. A lot of forums use the reverse text color (white on black) and it kills the eyes after a while...it's one of the reasons I can't read Pirate4x4 for very long...

Since switching to the 'Yotatech Original - sizable fonts' in the CP, which is designed around various shades of grey (less contrast than black-white) has allowed a nicer read than the 'extreme' theme.

I understand a lot of this is personal preference, but it would be great to have the option of seeing the site as if it were in print on paper: darker text on light background (similar to the colors of Marlin Crawlers forum, although I prefer the speed of this vBulletin/server combo much more than Marlin's Simple Machines forum code)... anyway, thanks for the work Yotatech, this is by far the best Toyota community on the web.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:21 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

I forwarded this to my partner Kctopher to see if he wants to create one.
If he does not have time to tackle it, I will try it.

But my plate is full right now with other projects here, so this would be on the back burner for awhile.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:35 PM

That's great. Like I said, this forum works very good on this server (fast), it's run well, organized well, has a great community and everyone involved in it's operation should be proud of it. Thanks again.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Yopar, I am looking at the themes we have now.
My pref is the Extreme sizable fonts w/border.
I like the border as it has the mud/dirt image for the background.
Even the one with "more border" is good for me in my book.

But in the list is these two:
Default Style
Test
which seem to be the same.

Will one of those work for you?
Inside of threads look great, but the purply color on the forum index page are to much for me where it lists the forum sections by name.
https://www.yotatech.com/forumindex.php

I can still play around with one.
Plus, do you use the sizable fonts feature, or without.
They both look different too when viewing the Original or Extreme these.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

PS, I messed around with one, but the colors are not quite what I like yet.
It is listed in the theme menu as
The Morning Edition
for "newspaper"

If someone is good with editing VB themes, they can make one on a site that they run, and email the file to me and I can upload it here.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont want to sound mean, but how about seperating 4runners and pick ups in the tech forums????? and then seperate each one by generation. because 90% of what applies to a 1st gen 4runner does not apply to a 2nd gen and i get confused and frustrated at times.
so for example:
1st gen 4runners
2nd gen 4runners

1st gen pick-ups
2nd gen pick-ups
etc etc etc...
other than that i think this i the best forum on the net. a God send i guess you could call it.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:23 AM

I think it would make navigation easier if we had sections for each motor one for efi 22re, 20r, 22r, 3.0, 2.7, 3.4 ect ect.

if you are looking for info pertaining to carburated motors you have to search through page after page in the 84-95 section.

I know this probably means more work in setting it up on the site but if someone wants to teach me I would be willing to help.
or make a member click to categorize it I don't know how hard it would be to set it up where when on a thread members can click a small menu of where they think the thread belongs and after so many clicks the thread gets moved to the appropriate section kind of like a voting poll thread.

I do not even know if any of what I stated above is possible.

it would also be pretty nice if the search worked like ebays search or any online parts search page works

where you pick the year model motor and tranny I figure this would also cut down on repeat questions.

also the first thread someone posts up should be a mandatory intro with rig related info so when they ask a question it shows what they have so we don't have to go through the whole "what is it you have" routine

sorry about the long post just some ideas on the top of my head that might make the site move a little smoother.

I just get tired of seeing the same questions asked every week or every other day in a new post when we have a great archive of info on any problem anyone could have under the sun.
I under stand that some people don't even know that there is a Search button and many times it is a urgent question they have too them.

ok rant over and too any newer members please search through the info before posting up a new thread before I joined I read through every page not every thread but I read the most common symptoms that people had so I would know what was going on if one ever came up on my truck.

thanks and have a good weekend.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by ocdropzone
I think that is an awesome idea. Tofer found some that need to be there. Kind of like a 'best of craigslist'...

Ricer-x's idea of regional subfolders is a great idea too

Not that post count actually means anything but I would like to see it where posts in Off Topic threads would not count...
found 2 more Classic YT threads.......

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/dip-stick-120514/
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/t...estion-111639/
Old 08-25-2008, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about a vid section on youtube?Like mods,engine swaps,sas,ETC.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:24 PM

I suggest the Image verification is a little easier..I can see perfect, but i liked to never got my password sent to my email..i tried about 10 times before it would take it
Old 01-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Sponsor

there is a vbulletin mod called NoSpam. it gets rid of the image generator things and you set the "phrase" that you have to enter. since you generate it bots cant guess it. since rolling it out on pacific-crawlers i've only had 3 spammers get thru
Old 01-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Contributing Member

A section where you can click on your state and find local yota wheelers. Some one to wheel with.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Belize Off Road Team
i dont want to sound mean, but how about seperating 4runners and pick ups in the tech forums????? and then seperate each one by generation. because 90% of what applies to a 1st gen 4runner does not apply to a 2nd gen and i get confused and frustrated at times.
so for example:
1st gen 4runners
2nd gen 4runners

1st gen pick-ups
2nd gen pick-ups
etc etc etc...
other than that i think this i the best forum on the net. a God send i guess you could call it.
I'm relatively new here, so I'll throw my "newbie" ideas out here.

I agree with Phyl in that some splits are a bit confusing. In particular, '84/85 4Runners are split but the '90-'95s are lumped with the '86-'89s. I understand the solid-axle cut, but with many '86-'89 going SAS, those lines are a bit fuzzy.

Now that I said that, "too many forums" also comes to mind.

My only complaint about the BBS software is the "new posts" link and "go to first unread post" icon behave oddly. They seem to be based on browser cookie instead of my personal profile. Since this behavior appears unique to YTs install of vBulletin (I'm on three other vBulletin sites that don't do this), I'm guessing it is a setting in the software.

I still love the site, just posting up my two bits worth.