The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work
Old 03-30-2016, 10:29 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Toyota 4Runner Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

FatMouse Off-Road bumpers !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drfakoo
Are you smoking same ciggars as me ????

FWIW I enjoy Oud Kampen and PJC Hajenius cigars as well as Cubans of course but I don't think that was what you were talking about lol...

Please let me know what a bash plate is ???

He means the front skid plate.

Laws in Spain amazingly donīt allow to put grill guard hoops on custom made bumpers ;-(

I think I heard that before from another Spanish member here something about causing injury to people you run into or something. The EU, however, is a large market and the rules are'nt the same everywhere. Not forgetting Africa is another potential market and pretty much anything goes there.

Actually you could also sell just the CAD program with a limited license to produce no more then two bumpers per CD or something for customers who want to build their own. (The limited license would make it harder for people to steal your design to set up there own shop to compete with you.)
This would need some really solid legal work though to shield you from liability should someone not do the weld work correctly but it should'nt be a problem they sell plans for trailers and other things that way...

Iīm so glad you like it ... Your opinion has a lot of value for us.
Think that for us, Yotatech is like Disneyworld for grown-up 4x4 enthusiasts !!!
Send me a PM with your adress and I send you the stickers if you want to.
Thank you very much pm will be coming your way

Aviator

Last edited by aviator; 09-16-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:31 PM

let me know when you are producing for 1st gen Runners
Old 09-16-2008, 07:49 PM

Wow, Super Clean You Have To Sell Me One For 90 4runner
Old 09-16-2008, 11:50 PM

What a great story and excellent results. Thank you for sharing your experience!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
its beautiful! great work

Originally Posted by RiCh_90-yota
Wow, Super Clean You Have To Sell Me One For 90 4runner
where did you get that sticker in your avatar? i want one
Old 09-17-2008, 04:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That looks great....just curios..... how much did it cost to do all that, or... how much would u sell one for?
Old 09-17-2008, 05:03 AM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
WoW, guys. VERY cool! Seems like some serious Yota-chemistry to me.

I think "FatMouse" is very appropriate for a Toyota modification company. I had a co-worker once refer to Toyota trucks and 4runners as "mouse trucks." I guess in the grand scheme of things they kind of are! But what better animal for scurrying through the woods, huh?
Old 09-17-2008, 05:43 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Nice bumper. Looks like you guys had fun.

The Toyota logo and name might get you into some legal issues if you market those.

Beautiful work. It's great to see things made for older models. But the Toyota symbol will get you in court real fast. The Toyota word not so much, but they are brutal when it comes to their logo. You could cut your company logo or mascot there.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:20 AM
Contributing Member

A fat cartoon mouse running with a railroad tie in his hands would look cool. That could indicate big beefy bumpers. If your going to get into other items then maybe something different. Maybe holding wrenches or a looped up wench cable in one hand and the controller in the other..
Old 09-17-2008, 06:30 AM
Contributing Member

Old 09-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
What a ridiculous thread. How the heck does anyone create a bumper like that in their first attempt while trying to learn how to weld? Doesn't everyone know that first time projects you always use an angle grinder, never take close up shots of your welding and always have to use a sledge hammer during many parts of the process...???

Have you considered what it means to reach perfection with your first bumper?

My friend... you have surely doomed yourself to a life of disappointment by setting the bar so very high on your initial project. Good luck living up to those standards of fabrication.

(By the way... does anyone else think that this bumper is more than enough reason to move to Spain?)
Old 09-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
He he he...
I agree.
I am no welder, have never welded a thing in my life.
But I have read your weld beads should look like a stack of dimes, and his welds look like they have achieved it.

I really dig that bumper.
If I had an older rig I would want one.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:09 AM

That thing is amazing!!!!!

One of the best bumpers ive seen imo.

id like to know the strength though, if it could take a hard hit.

Looks really Good!!!!!!! I want one now!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:13 AM

Wheres the plans for the rear bumper? lol

Im drooling over here!

Now im going to have to make one one day!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow that is amazing that you guys made that! its looks like professional work IMO. great job... you should send some free samples to us yotatechers haaaa. jk but seriously i want one for my 95 pickup
Old 09-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by James Dean
A fat cartoon mouse running with a railroad tie in his hands would look cool. That could indicate big beefy bumpers. If your going to get into other items then maybe something different. Maybe holding wrenches or a looped up wench cable in one hand and the controller in the other..
I was thinking of a circular type thing with Fat Mouse Offroad on the outer boarder and a toon fat mouse running with a welder in one hand maybe with an EU flag in the background... but I can't draw that well on the computer lol
Old 09-17-2008, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by bruzer1123
Nice work!! I think that the "bash plate" is the plate that goes from the bumper down to your IFS (aka skid plate).
The skid plate is from Pro Comp, I am happy with it, but maybe soon youīll see the FatMouse skid plate hahahhaha !!!

Originally Posted by Hayes
let me know when you are producing for 1st gen Runners
As soon as I can buy one...

Originally Posted by algranger
its beautiful! great work

where did you get that sticker in your avatar? i want one
Which one , the step ??? I found it on the internet many years ago but have no idea, where ...

Originally Posted by Team420
That looks great....just curios..... how much did it cost to do all that, or... how much would u sell one for?
Right now is impossible on thinking to export the bumpers, in Spain you can easyly pay 900-1000 €. Absolutelly silly !!! Maybe if we find a partner in the States, things could change, or even better; we could move to the States, hahahahaha

Originally Posted by RustBucket
WoW, guys. VERY cool! Seems like some serious Yota-chemistry to me.

I think "FatMouse" is very appropriate for a Toyota modification company. I had a co-worker once refer to Toyota trucks and 4runners as "mouse trucks." I guess in the grand scheme of things they kind of are! But what better animal for scurrying through the woods, huh?
Originally Posted by James Dean
Beautiful work. It's great to see things made for older models. But the Toyota symbol will get you in court real fast. The Toyota word not so much, but they are brutal when it comes to their logo. You could cut your company logo or mascot there.
Imagine we started this project as simply normal 4x4 enthusiasts, of course if this goes bigger (I donīt know...), we will change the toyota logo and brand for our own, in fact we decided to register it (nobody knows what could happen in the future...)

Originally Posted by Elvota
What a ridiculous thread. How the heck does anyone create a bumper like that in their first attempt while trying to learn how to weld? Doesn't everyone know that first time projects you always use an angle grinder, never take close up shots of your welding and always have to use a sledge hammer during many parts of the process...???

Have you considered what it means to reach perfection with your first bumper?

My friend... you have surely doomed yourself to a life of disappointment by setting the bar so very high on your initial project. Good luck living up to those standards of fabrication.

(By the way... does anyone else think that this bumper is more than enough reason to move to Spain?)
Remember Elvota that I am a surgeon, so I always try to put all my best effort with my hands, but I couldnīt imagine that you all liked ny welds in fact I expected, that somebody could puke ... My face is turning red, man !!!

Originally Posted by Corey
He he he...
I agree.
I am no welder, have never welded a thing in my life.
But I have read your weld beads should look like a stack of dimes, and his welds look like they have achieved it.

I really dig that bumper.
If I had an older rig I would want one.
If I had an Fj cruiser. In fact the color of mine is original orange yellow sun fusion from the Fj, hahahahaha !!!

Originally Posted by 904_runner
That thing is amazing!!!!!

One of the best bumpers ive seen imo.

id like to know the strength though, if it could take a hard hit.

Looks really Good!!!!!!! I want one now!
Believe me, it is really strong. In our calculous, supposed to be stronger than an ARB. Strong enough ???

Originally Posted by yoder519
wow that is amazing that you guys made that! its looks like professional work IMO. great job... you should send some free samples to us yotatechers haaaa. jk but seriously i want one for my 95 pickup
We still need to know what will happen in the future.

Originally Posted by aviator
I was thinking of a circular type thing with Fat Mouse Offroad on the outer boarder and a toon fat mouse running with a welder in one hand maybe with an EU flag in the background... but I can't draw that well on the computer lol
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!! By the way, black sticker should be okay ???

So ... We really have no words to express, how happy we are for such a welcome for our homemade Fab.
We are just to normal friends, who decided to TRY to emulate what you do in the States. Itīs so depressing here in Spain to try to fab something.
You always feel handcuffed, due to laws, and this rips apart your willness on fabbing stuff for your rig.
Iīve heard comments about the bumper, from so reputated members of Yotatech that Iīm really speechless.
This welcome really overpassed us. We never planned fabbing this in serial.
This really started as a joke/hoby.
But who knows, life is so strange sometimes.
First days in October I will be doing a surgeon master class in UCLA university. Maybe be I can meet any of you guys
Let us calm down a little bit and think quietly about a possible serial production. We are really shocked, no kidding.
A fact is, it is impossible to fab such stuff here in Spain and export to the States right now ($$$).
Maybe somebody reads this post and wants to be our partner.
We really donīt have the need on another job; we have a good economic life with our professions, but who nows ???

Thanks again !!! and feel free to ask anything you want.
This post gave us the energy to start a new fab, sooner as you imagine...
Old 09-17-2008, 12:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea even if you could sell just the dimensions it would be worth it for me to have a shop cut me the steel and ill weld it up myself...

cant wait to see some action winching pics when you take her out wheeling
Old 09-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Contributing Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!! By the way, black sticker should be okay ???
Black sticker would be great thanks

So ... We really have no words to express, how happy we are for such a welcome for our homemade Fab.
We are just to normal friends, who decided to TRY to emulate what you do in the States. Itīs so depressing here in Spain to try to fab something.
You always feel handcuffed, due to laws, and this rips apart your willness on fabbing stuff for your rig.
Iīve heard comments about the bumper, from so reputated members of Yotatech that Iīm really speechless.
This welcome really overpassed us. We never planned fabbing this in serial.
This really started as a joke/hoby.
But who knows, life is so strange sometimes.
First days in October I will be doing a surgeon master class in UCLA university. Maybe be I can meet any of you guys
Let us calm down a little bit and think quietly about a possible serial production. We are really shocked, no kidding.
A fact is, it is impossible to fab such stuff here in Spain and export to the States right now ($$$).
Maybe somebody reads this post and wants to be our partner.
We really donīt have the need on another job; we have a good economic life with our professions, but who nows ???

Thanks again !!! and feel free to ask anything you want.
This post gave us the energy to start a new fab, sooner as you imagine...
Can't wait to see what comes next! A rear bumper? Some cool sliders?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want one for my 1990 4Runner, but shipping would be insane up here. Interested in posting the measurements and plans?

Quick Reply: FatMouse Off-Road bumpers !!!