New Mexico New Mexico Chapter

Anyone to rebuild 22r in albuquerque?

Old 03-21-2014, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone to rebuild 22r in albuquerque?

So about a year ago I got an 85 ext. Cab and took my motor to Grant harvey. I have had crap for luck. Only about 2 months after getting it back, the timing chain slipped somehow. He fixed it and another 2 months later it slipped again, this time while out in the Jemez. I never even got to wheel it since i was doing a slow build while i drove it. Now the head gasket blew when it never even got hot and Im anal about making sure my coolant and everything is good. There were also little things, like he put on a new valve cover were most of the holes were stripped out, all the motor mounts were loose, the rear main seal leaked like hell, oil pan leaked like hell. it was a bunch of little stuff that i didnt mind taking care of but now Im done. Should i take it back to him again before the warraty is out? or should I just find another shop to help me out? Id rebuild it myself but space is very very limited for me
Old 04-10-2014, 08:21 PM

Grant who? If it's under warranty I'd make sure he understands he needs to do it right this time...
Old 04-29-2014, 08:27 PM

I had grant build me a bottom end and the day I picked it up it was locked up so I took it back and he said he would have it fixed by the next day well when I went to get it he said it was ready and I asked him to spin the motor and it was still locked up . So he said he would have it fixed and would delivered the following day. He dropped it off and we put on a stand and still locked up , this went on 6 times ,Finally The motor turns we put the head on it and dropped it in . We started it and let it run at idle 30 sec later rod knock . Beware of this guy
Old 04-29-2014, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by xman66
I had grant build me a bottom end and the day I picked it up it was locked up so I took it back and he said he would have it fixed by the next day well when I went to get it he said it was ready and I asked him to spin the motor and it was still locked up . So he said he would have it fixed and would delivered the following day. He dropped it off and we put on a stand and still locked up , this went on 6 times ,Finally The motor turns we put the head on it and dropped it in . We started it and let it run at idle 30 sec later rod knock . Beware of this guy
He was actually telling me about that when I went back after I had him do the HG again. He said "turns out we used the wrong main bearings but that's not really anyone's fault". It's sucks you had to deal with his crap as well. After he redid my head gasket I was driving it home right after I picked it up and it felt like the throttle was sticking Soni pulled over and found that they tightened the throttle cable way top tight so I loosened it and the idle went down and started idling really crappy. Then my hand hit the distributor and it moved and I come to find out they didn't even put a bolt on the distributor and it was a tooth off. They obviously didn't even test drive it. Also when he was doing the HG he called me and wanted me to pay 80 bucks because they forgot to scrape part of the intake manifold gasket. I refused because it was still under warranty and eventually he quit trying to get me to pay more. I should've just gone with the stage 2 from 22reperformance
Old 04-29-2014, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by steveh
Grant who? If it's under warranty I'd make sure he understands he needs to do it right this time...
His name is Grant Harvey. After it going back to him 5 times now I couldn't even get him to fix it.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by six_stringer
He was actually telling me about that when I went back after I had him do the HG again. He said "turns out we used the wrong main bearings but that's not really anyone's fault". It's sucks you had to deal with his crap as well. After he redid my head gasket I was driving it home right after I picked it up and it felt like the throttle was sticking Soni pulled over and found that they tightened the throttle cable way top tight so I loosened it and the idle went down and started idling really crappy. Then my hand hit the distributor and it moved and I come to find out they didn't even put a bolt on the distributor and it was a tooth off. They obviously didn't even test drive it. Also when he was doing the HG he called me and wanted me to pay 80 bucks because they forgot to scrape part of the intake manifold gasket. I refused because it was still under warranty and eventually he quit trying to get me to pay more. I should've just gone with the stage 2 from 22reperformance

The worst part of all this , is now I owe the shop working on my truck labor money that he does not want to pay due to all the bottom end problems , so I am stuck with the bill to pull it out again and fix it right and my trucks been down for over a month because if all this.