Arizona Arizona Chapter

Ryder's run Sep 29 Phoenix AZ

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryder's run Sep 29 Phoenix AZ

Hey guys and gals I found out about a run that's being put on by Copper State 4 Wheelers. The run is to benefit a little boy that is terminal. Me and my family will be attending. Please think about joining in. Here is the link to read up and decide for yourself if you are interested.

http://www.copperstate4wheelers.com/
Old 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM

Bump for a good cause.

Come on I know you guys want to get out and wheel when it cools down
Old 08-14-2012, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sdstud212001
Bump for a good cause.

Come on I know you guys want to get out and wheel when it cools down
http://rydersjourney2009.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

I am friends with Chad from Copperstate. Here is a bit of info I got form Chad and Copperstate 4wheelers:

Copperstate Fourwheelers is hosting a benefit trail ride
on Saturday, September 29th on the Montana Mountain
trail near Superior, Az. The meeting location is the
Desert Rat Truck and Offroad center at 4453 S. Rural Rd
in Tempe, south of the US 60 at 7AM; we will be departing
for the trail at 9AM. There are no fees for participating in
the trail ride. This is important for people to know given
some rules regarding special events being held on the Tonto
National Forest. There are 3 ways in which people can
donate to the Hauer family. 1) An account is open in Ryder's name at Wells Fargo...you
can donate at any branch! 2) People can make donations the day of the event. Or,
3) People can contribute by buying Ryder's Run stickers or through the silent auction being
held the day of the event from 7AM to 830AM. If anyone would like to help with or donate
to the silent auction, please contact us and we'll get you in touch with Chad Chaney (host).
An off-road vehicle is not required however a 2wd vehicle in good running order with
medium to high ground clearance is needed. For example, minivans and lower passenger
car type vehicles are not recommended. Licensed and street legal side by sides, ATVs,
motorcycles, and other off-road vehicles are certainly welcome. Participants should bring
something for lunch. There is a big area on the top of Montana Mountain that is a nice
place to stop for lunch. Also bring plenty of water, sunscreen, and cameras. This is a nice
and scenic trail with plenty to see. I anticipate the trail ride itself will take 3 hours not
including travel time from Desert Rat (approx 45 mins).

On Saturday September the 29th, there will be an optional trail adventure for those who are unable
to drive Montana Mountain with us. Jennifer Mullen, will be leading an optional trail hike to Lost Goldmine Trail/Hieroglyphic Canyon. You can find information about this trail here:
http://arizonahiking.org/index.php/c...goldmine-trailThe meeting time and location at Desert Rat remain unchanged, departure for this trail hike is between 915 and 930AM.

Hi all. I went out today and pre-ran Montana Mountain, the pictures are shared here so you can see them. The trail is easily accessible with a high clearance 4x2 vehicle. It is exciting enough for those who may not leave the asphalt much but not overwhelming. Great views, tight shelf road in spots. What a great trip. We also saw quite the group of critters today too.
An update on sponsors. So far...we have the following sponsors for Ryder's silent auction: Sierra Expeditions, Rigid Industries, Xoskel, Desert rat, the Arizona Diamond backs, Barlow's Jeep Rental in Sedona, The Desert Botanical Gardens, Mad Dog saloon, ASU, Antiguas golf apparel in Peoria, and an awesome golf package from a gracious donator. Thank you all for your help and contributions.
Also, just as a reminder, Ryder's Wells Fargo account is now open and Ryder run stickers are currently in production. They will be available at the run for sale to support Ryder.

I will most likely be going on the hike instead of the trail run if anyone is interested in doing that part. Hope to see some of you out there for a great cause.

Last edited by lofreqjeff; 08-14-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:19 AM

Thanks for posting this! If it weren't for Saturday classes, I would definately be on this run. It would be a great trail ride for the family and its for a good cause. I plan to make a donation regardless.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:58 PM

Thanks for the posts guys. I ran the trail last weekend never went into 4wd so it is very family friendly. The views are amazing so bring a camera if you are planning on joining in. My friend who ran it with me was in a stock 4x4 ranger so if you are nervous don't be.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ill make it to the meet up at desert rat but not able to make the run. Ill still put in a donation for the family. itll be nice to meet up with some other wheelers in az.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:41 PM

I'm very sad to have to let you know. Little Ryder has been taken by the Lord, he was only 2 years old. The run will still take place to celebrate is life and the impact he has had on so many. Run is still set for Sat Sep 29th.