Arizona Arizona Chapter

New to yt

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to yt

hey everyone im from glendale, az, but im currently deployed to iraq and ive been talking to an uncle of mine back home and i managed to get his 4runner off of him. he bought it brand new and drove it until, well it wouldnt move anymore. since then its been sitting on the side of his house serving as a gate for the back yard. the best part is it was free. its completely stock and just waiting for me to get into it and the body is clean too. im a big fan of blknblu's 4runner and am hoping to get some local help when i get back in a couple of months. this site has been really informative on what to look out for and how to go about doing things the right way and im not afraid to ask. i should be home in a few months and the yota will be in the driveway waiting for me when i come home on leave. its going to be a lot of work, but sometime soon i hope to be meeting up with you guys on the trails to learn how to get the most out of my new project.

steve.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:41 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Welcome to YT, Steve.

what year is your 4runner and such?
Old 06-11-2010, 11:49 AM

i think its a '88 but not for sure. 22re 5spd. i know its IFS. i seen the truck in april when i was home on R&R and just gave it a once over. i told him i wanted a project and he said that i could have it. im waiting on pics to be emailed to me. i cant wait. only a few more months here and im coming back. should be getting into it around dec. or jan. right now im just looking into what im going to do with it.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:32 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
well this site is perfect for finding out what you can do with it... just search and you'll find tons of ideas. this site will make you spend money...
Old 06-11-2010, 11:33 PM

well with this last deployment ive saved a few bucks just for a project. being that im single, no kids, no bills, and no major responsibilities besides my job i should be right on track to dump some money into the runner. i dont want anything crazy. just a drivable, capable trail truck. i dont need a lot of power or a lot of fancy gadgets. just a solid axle swap and a mild suspension set up and ill be just fine. the truck will stay at home in glendale even when im back on post in georgia.