Colorado Colorado Chapter

What's in Colorado?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's in Colorado?

Haha, I guess along the lines of my rather simplified title, but here goes. I'm kind of looking for a change at 28 years of age and am thinking of moving. Instead of just moving to another part of CA (with horrible gun and smog laws I might mention) I am considering packing up and moving to a different state. Where would one recommend in CO? Would people even recomend CO? I see alot of posts by guys with great rigs, wheeling and see "CO" in their details so it appears that there are at least a ton of places to wheel

I'm and IT guy by trade and am wondering what areas of CO for instance are booming and what the housing market is like.

I would at some point in my life like to own a house with at least some land around it (not a condo haha) A friend of mine is moving to Fort Collins soon to pursue a career in the medical field but she can't tell me a whole lot about CO. I put it to you CO guys and girls... What's up in CO? (any advice or info will help btw, negative or positive)
Old 07-30-2011, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I'm sorry I'm the only one who is submitting a reply because I am not much help. But ill try. Colorado, like any other state, has its good and bad. So, for starters, you gotta ask yourself what your ideal climate is. If you don't want to deal with an over abundance of snow, then western CO probably ain't your place to be. If you can't handle sub zero temps in the winter and triple digits all summer long, then south eastern CO probably isn't where you want to be either. Thinking in terms of population, bigger cities to the east, smaller cities to the west. High desert in the east, mountains in the west. ok so that's all I have to offer. I don't know much about jobs or the housing market (i have a job and a house so I kinda don't care lol) map out some possible areas, and Google it. Hope I helped at least a little.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:55 PM

Badger's pretty much got it nailed but here's my two cents. I'm a colorado native, been here 27 years this thursday(my birthday). I've lived all over but my favorite place to be is the mountains, summit county to be exact. We get alot of snow in the winter but the road crews are really good up here, I commute 40 miles to work and there's rarely been an issue with the roads. The summers are beautiful and you can wheel almost anywhere, seriously, just pick a dirt road a go. The people are cool, except the super rich a$$e$, but there are more of us than them. The cost of living is a little high but the pay grade pretty much makes up for that and I'm sure there's plenty of work for an IT guy. If you like to ski or snowboard then this would be paradise for you cause we have places like Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail, Steamboat and many many others. To make a long story short, there's nowhere I'd rather be, except maybe Maui! I think anyone that wouldn't like it here would have to be crazy so take a trip and see how you like it.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:36 AM
EKJ

Been hear 32 years! I love it! You will not be disappointed!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:45 AM

I live in fort collins and I love it. Very close to the mountains but with a good population so there's plenty to do (about 140,000 I think). We have large tech companies here, not sure what exactly is done at these locations but there is intel, hp and amd... possibly more but those come to mind. Best part: colorado is the beer capitol of the country, and I would say fort collins is the epicenter