Colorado Colorado Chapter

Colorado 4runner owner (newbe)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colorado 4runner owner (newbe)

Hi,
My name is Russell.I just picked up my 2nd 4runner and 3 toyota. I Saw the 4runner club on here and thought i would get some info on it and maybe just meet a few more cool people that share the same interest.

About me-

Im 23 and live in Longmont.
Im a VW Freak and for the past 10 years have lived watercooled vw's ever day.
I have always loved 4wheeling but never gone crazy with it but would like to get more involved. I have owned 3 toyotas and still have 2.I sold my 86Turbo and now have an 85 4runner and an 87 longbed. Toyotas are a new thing to me but i have started by jumping all the way in and going all out. My 87 has a trailmaster 4inch lift craked t-bars and shackles on 36inch m/t baja's. I figured it cant wheel so i could just make it look cool for a daily and mild wheeling or camping.

My 85 is stock.I picked it up with a blown headgasket.I plan on buliding up the stock 22re for now.I picked up a 4inch procomp lift and a 3inch body lift. I plan on doing a driveline lift and front and rear lockers,gears and my plans keep changing on wheels and tires. Right now the bodys off and the frame has been stripped of all the rust,por15'ed on everything that needed it surface wise and painted. the body will be ryno lined under it and the small rust hole will be repaired and the whole thing repainted. I have a set of grey recaro seats im putting in it and converting the whole interior to grey because the brown is nasty.

I go crazy with all the projects i start. I can make cars/trucks fast and look good but 4wheeling is new so it will be fun learning the ropes.

pics of the rigs

Russell
Old 10-18-2006, 05:09 AM
Contributing Member

Welcome to Yotatech.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:16 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Why don't you come wheeling with us on Saturday? Check the trip planning section. Else, PM me for details. Bunch o northern colorado folks are going to be there, be great to meet you.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:38 PM

Where in logmont are you (pm me if you don't want to broadcast it to everyone!). Those pictures look like they're very close to my neighborhood.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:32 PM

i like the sig
Old 10-19-2006, 02:22 AM

Id love to go wheeling Sat. Sadly i broke a front driveshaft testing 4wheel in my ifs rig and my garage is being used as a paint booth for the race car so unless its nice i cant swap it for a few days. After this week i will have time so let me know when you guys go up.

Mike,I have talked to you before i think.I had the 86 sr5T that was pretty much stock looking with wheels and a pre runner bar(pic to fallow).
I live off lake Mcintosh.I dont really worry too much about people knowing where i live.Its had as hell to find and my drive way looks like a rave at night with all the alarms.Im always up late and theres seriously like a 15minute span where the dogs are up alone lol
Old pic before the pre runner bar

and some more intro pics.
Recaro,

My corrado project.(400whp off nitrous)

old pic of my skin and bones a55
Old 10-19-2006, 02:37 AM

I also forgot to ask...Besides the yota yard where could i find 4runner parts?
Im looking for a grey back seat and maybe if i can find an uncracked dash i would go for it.Everything else inside will be new or custom. The doorpannels im making and the carpet will be brand new..making my own boot area.I gotta have my music and storage spaces for everything to be hidden.I also am lookinf for a rollbar.

Also before i post this stuff on craigslist.Anyone want black frontend parts?I have a grill,bumper with good caps,black trim marker lights,Dick Cepek ifs hubs 2 sets of hubs and disks,front ifs diff,lower arms,most of a brown interior(what i cant find new i wil dye so it will be the left overs)front seats dont have any major tares or anything.22r parts like crazy.also stock 85 springs and shocks.Rear flares that i dont know what they are(pictured)

Some of the stuff hasnt been pulled yet but can be if its wanted.I have all the new springs and shocks front seats....The rear is not needed at all.

Let me know if you have it or want it...most of the stuff id give away everything else cheap cheap!
Russell
720-329-6301