Colorado Colorado Chapter

Co4Roc

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AxleIke
I wasn't trying to get on you at all, just really like rising sun, and have a lot of respect for what those guys do...no offense intended there.

Just a suggestion, but most of us have tinted windows. You know what looks badass on tinted windows? Black decals. I vote for a black decal if we can. It looks great, and subtle. Very cool

This is something else Ric and I have been talking about. Unless he chimes in and says otherwise, I will be taking care of the decals. And I'd like to offer mulitple choices - a couple different designs in a few different colors.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Last edited by AxleIke; 04-02-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:57 AM
lee
Contributing Member

who needs dues?

i havent ever charged for ne4roc... and i never will.

if i need funds, i get it through the sale of decals, or if i really need it, i am sure i can ask for some donations and they will come pouring in.

you need an enthusiastic group of people who will want to help, not members of a club who want something for their money, imo.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Contributing Member

Last edited by AxleIke; 04-02-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:57 AM

I know how tough it is to start up a club, as I just did it 8 months ago here in my town. I think for a group like this, dues might be a bad idea at first until folks are truely vested into the club. Here in town we started out as just a group and after about a year, started in as a legal, nonprofit, club with dues and all. just my .02 I do like the idea of the decal cost going to starting the whole business up though.

-Matt
Old 03-07-2007, 08:00 AM
lee
Contributing Member

i agree. if youre gonna have dues, do it later once you have a base of members.

front the money for the website.. you NEED a website
Old 03-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Contributing Member

We've talked about this, too. The sale of decals to cover the cost of a website (minimal). Initially, though, I will be footing the bill for that. Down the road, though, I'd like to see dues pay for trail restorations, BBQs, etc.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:13 PM

I agree with you on trail resto and BBQ's coming out of decal and due's money down the road Alan. SO are there tenative club logo designs yet?
Old 03-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Contributing Member

I am down with helping out. Let's definatly get something going!

I like the standard 4ROC designs. Pretty cool IMHO.

What I would like to see from this would be wheeling trips with camping, wrench-a-thons, collaboration of everyone with mods and ideas on our trucks, all in a friendly family environment.
I would love to be a part of it's comming together.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Contributing Member

It's been different without Ric in Colorado...
Old 03-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Banned

Alan If you need some CO4roc Designs let me know and I may be able to help.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:46 PM

welcome back Ric. We missed ya on the run Sat. I'm looking forward to this kicking off
Old 03-28-2007, 09:08 AM

I few ideas I like from other sites that could be incorporated are:

I accurate description of trails after they're done. Noting new changes and using the 1-10 rating system and suggestions of mods a truck may require or if a stocker can make it.

Real world directions using trail numbers along with physical landmarks for vandalized trails (we've all been there).

On trail days keep it organized with a time table. Plan lunch times. Make an order to run in so less mod'ed truck that gets stuck can quickly be extracted. Factor in time for trail repairs.

Make joining trial based so bad seeds get weeded out. (ex. people using drugs/alcohol on trail or driving recklessly or has a general bad attitude.

I think minimal dues are a good idea. They can be used to pay for a cookout or trail equipment. As in tow ropes, shackles, fluids, winch lines. This is so if a member breaks one of these items extracting another there won't be animosity between members, or arguments over replacement.

Sorry this is long winded, just would like to see this happen and these are just a few ideas.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Contributing Member

Last edited by AxleIke; 04-02-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Contributing Member

Wrench-a-thons!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Contributing Member

maybe even weekly/biweekly wrench-a-thons that always happen major project or not. That would really help me out on maintaining my truck. Fun get together too.

With all the wheeling we do and dinner get togethers, wrenching/tech is really the only thing we lack as a colorado group so far. That and camping.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the idea of wrenching and camping. I'm up for both!
Old 03-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cmadness

Make joining trial based so bad seeds get weeded out. (ex. people using drugs/alcohol on trail or driving recklessly or has a general bad attitude.
just make the rules plain as day to new members who want to join, if they dont follow they get the boot, makes it easier for you guys imo.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

I see the other side now, makes a heck of a lot more sense.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Cmadness
I think Cmadness has a great idea of a making it a trial basis. In fact I think that's how Trail Damage started out a few years ago - I think you had to go on 3 trail runs to officially become a member. 3 runs insures they are somewhat committed to/enjoy the sport and gives you a pretty good indication of what that person is like. Then they are officially invited to be a member. So it's more semi-private. Keep the BBQ's and wrenching exclusively for members but I think <edit>THE MAJORITY</edit> of trail runs should be public.

I have issues with a totally private club...

How do the people "on the outside" ever get the chance to be considered to become a member? Who's doing the voting? We all started out as lurkers... gaining knowledge by reading the forums, meeting people & learning new tips by going on PUBLICLY posted trail runs and meet and greets. How are the next "gen" gonna get to where you got Ric (and others) if all they ever see are your fun "our private club went wheeling again" pics in the trip report section but never see a way to go on one of these trips? I think you have nothing but good intentions by wanting to make this a "private" club but personality conflict is going to happen in any kind of group - no matter how good your screening process. Sure, in the matter of driving off trial and doing illegal activity - there should be no tolerance. But come on, it's wheelin, there are folks of all walks of life in this sport and I'm sure you've made friends with few people you wouldn't have normally got to know if it wasn't for running a trail with them.

I just think making it totally private club is a slippery slope.

My 02.

John

Last edited by Mojo_Risin; 03-29-2007 at 08:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Co4Roc