British Columbia British Columbia Chapter

It's dead here

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds good, see you then. My cell number is 604-617-1258.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if I keep on drivin to top of Johnson ST., will I see the trail?? I don't have any experience and don't wanna have a scratch on my car. Is there any easy way go in there? And if stocker friendly, I wanna try too. Is it gonna a day trail right? not camping there, right?

Or Am I talkin different place than what you guys talkin about?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Contributing Member

johnson street is to eagle ridge. this sunday the 6th were heading to davis lake. just past mission. its relatively stocker friendly...as long as you have some decent clearance as there are a few 'peaks' you'll have to clear. you can always leave your truck at the top of the trail on the gravel road (or even at the end of the pavement) and get a ride in to see whether or not its something you'll want to try. im also hoping to do some more exploring north of davis. kenyon lake & salsbury come to mind..all with in about 20 or so km from davis. if you have google earh...its worth taking a look. just follow sylvester road from lougheed hwy north till pavement ends. its the first small lake about 3km into gravel. stave is the bigger lake west of it. here are some pics of the trail into the lake.

and once you get there..this is what you see:

pretty tame...always an option to park n ride. and yeah..just a day trail. looking to be back down @ mission area by 5-6ish. theres a couple people from another board camping there all weekend...so i was planning on meetin up with them..then goin exploring...
Old 08-05-2006, 10:51 AM

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make my schedule free to hook up with you. If I can make it whats the best way to get to Mission? Lougheed or HWY 1 via Abbortsford? If abbortsford which exit is it again?

Mkool you're welcome to follow me up and hitch a ride if it gets too rough. Eric you live pretty close to me maybe we can meet before hand? This is all providing I can get out of my chores

My cel is 604-838-8282.

I'll let you all know tonight.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Contributing Member

thatd be sweet if you can make it out dave. where you comin from again? im in slurrey, and usually take the 1 east, then get off at the mission/abby exit (hwy 11). cross over the highway into abby over and down the hill. right at the T, over the bridge into mission city center...then right at the T again. it'll connect back onto lougheeed and the shell will be a few kms on the left hand side.

or you can just take lougheed all the way. my # is a couple posts up ^^. ill also be on CB #4 or 6.

looks like its gonna be a good turnout. 3 3rd gen runners//you gonna bring the FJ? theres also gonna be a lil sidekick taggin along...see you guys sunday morning! dont forget your cameras, food & lotsa water..and recovery gear if youve got it (which you all should...right? haha. ive got tug strap & tow points & hi-lift just in case)
Old 08-05-2006, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by d0ubledown
looks like its gonna be a good turnout. 3 3rd gen runners//you gonna bring the FJ? theres also gonna be a lil sidekick taggin along...see you guys sunday morning! dont forget your cameras, food & lotsa water..and recovery gear if youve got it (which you all should...right? haha. ive got tug strap & tow points & hi-lift just in case)

Nope I'd be bringin the 4runner. So it be interesting to see how we do. The tires are pretty sh%$ty and the truck is pretty low. I miss the old runner. All my gear is in storage, so if it gets pretty rough I'll hitch a ride or meet up with you down the road.

I'll keep you guys updated. I'm rying to con my bro into coming out, but he's pretty busy with renos' as well.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:40 PM

Well, I can't make it for sure now. I'll hook up with you guys next time. Take some pics.

If anyone game for an EagleRidge run let me know. It turns out its only 10 min from me.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:14 PM

To. Dave.
Oh it's shame that you can't make it.... :sad:
EagleRidge, where is it? I'm commin from West Van...so Could you give me direction?
Thx.

To. Sonny.
So When I drive though Johnson St(at Johnson St
Coquitlam, BC)., should I take a Plateau BLVD to the end then I will be seein a entrance of trail? I just google the map from my home. That's how I see to get there. If I'm wrong, plz correct me.

Sure I will bring my Camera, Flash and memory cards..hehe~ I might need a ride cuz my car is totally stock. Are we gonna do BBQ and drink Beers? Please tell me b4 we go cuz I have to buy some meat to grill. What brand of sausage is good?

Ps. I don't have BBQ grill I hope you got one.

I like the budweiser...do you drink beer? What brand?

Dave and sonny...count me in...I want to be there with you. I can't make this Sunday but next weekend is I'm free.

Thx.

Last edited by mkool; 08-05-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:51 AM

Sonny, do you guys have any pics from the weekend? Lets see em. Sorry I couldn't make it.

MKool, I thinking about ordering a Cornfed lift. We may get a deal if we order 2 sets. Do you wanna lift your runner?

Last edited by Grimace; 08-09-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:44 PM

How much is that?
My next mod is installing a magnaflow catback system. Did you find a better price yet? or did you bought it and installed?

Today I just spend money on a new cell phone...comming next week. Samsung D900. Have heard b4?

I guess I have to wait until rented money back from my friends.

I'm kinda debaiting where I go with a cornfed lift or OME lift system...What do you think?
Old 08-08-2006, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by mkool

To. Sonny.
So When I drive though Johnson St(at Johnson St
Coquitlam, BC)., should I take a Plateau BLVD to the end then I will be seein a entrance of trail? I just google the map from my home. That's how I see to get there. If I'm wrong, plz correct me.

Thx.
Sonni,
Any pics yet???

I went to look for Eagle Ridge.I went up johnson until it turned into Plateau Bld. I drove past the gates into the gold course. The trail starts to your immediate right next to the power lines correct? Everything else looks gated off. Was I at the right spot?

I don't think we need a BBQ at this location considering there's a Milestone and Montana's 5 minutes away. I don't like bud too much, but Bushman' or HoHGarden sounds good to me.

Mkool,

I won't be getting the exhuast anytime soon. I just find that NSOR too expensive. I really want to get the lift ASAP though. If you go with a OME setup you realize you have to remove the Xreas right? Call me if your intersted in getting the spacers.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Grimace
Sonni, do you guys have any pics from the weekend? Lets see em. Sorry I couldn't make it.

MKool, I thinking about ordering a Cornfed lift. We may get a deal if we order 2 sets. Do you wanna lift your runner?
Let me know how much it will be, I might join in. Maybe we can then also organize a "spring compressing" session.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Contributing Member

dave..yep thats where it is. on the right hand side...near the boulders just after the left hand turn past the gate.

the weekend was pretty good...met up with hunter (with a 96) and eric-the-red and is 01. went up to davis...had some fun in the trails there. and then went in search of salsbury & kenyon lakes. both were nice...lotsa people out though. didnt manage to take many pics..too busy driving haha. and i still have a few on another roll yet to be processed. here are a few...

5 pic panoramic stitch...overlooking lost creek FSR and salsbury lake in the BG...oops wrong turn HAHA

another panoramic stitch of the 3 3rd gens:

playing around in davis lake:

nice bum...but whats that big hole?

definitely some pinstriping happening around these areas. aah well. it'll buff out. so whaddya guys think of doing the sunrise run this saturday? its a planned event and stocker friendly. good chance to get your truck dirty...and do a lil wheeling and exploring at the same time!
Old 08-09-2006, 05:55 PM

12th Aug....Are you goin same place? Is that happenin a same place? What time start? I want try it...As Sonny said, stocker friendly.

Do I get a free T-shirt? hehe~~
I hope the trail road is wide...here's 4th Gen T4R commin ...^ ^

Ps. Do I have to register that event? Then where and how?
Old 08-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Contributing Member

nope..you dont need to sign up or anything. just show up at the sasquatch inn east of mission @ 9:30am. they leave for the harrison west FSR at 10am. i havent been, so i dont really know what its like..just going from what i read on the boards. have a look here. you can also have a look at previous runs from the herd of turtles group in their galleries
Old 08-10-2006, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by d0ubledown
nope..you dont need to sign up or anything. just show up at the sasquatch inn east of mission @ 9:30am. they leave for the harrison west FSR at 10am. i havent been, so i dont really know what its like..just going from what i read on the boards. have a look here. you can also have a look at previous runs from the herd of turtles group in their galleries

I'l have to pass this weekend I've got the folks down here again. Hopefully after this week things will open up for me. I open to hooking up with guys after work of something. Is it just me does Sunrise looks pretty tough for my runner?

Arjan and mkool, I 've sent you a PM about spacers.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:58 PM

Wow, Sasquatch inn that's far way from my home. Just in case, Box 26, 46001 Lougheed Hwy, Harrison Mills, BC VOM 1L0 Canada is Sasquatch inn address right? At 9:30am there? humm~ What time do I have to wake up?
Like 5am?

Last edited by mkool; 08-11-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Contributing Member

well...seems like you missed out on a fun day dave! haha...it was good to meet you mkool (sorry forgot your name?). ill get pics up hopefully tonight...i know mkool has tonnes lol i sent you pm this morning wiith my email. anyway...im down for going again next month and hopefully doing the hale creek trail as well.

here are a couple pics of me backing down this rocky climb. i was impressed that i was able to get up it. a 3rd gen extracab truck SAS'd on 37's locked f&r couldnt make it...i think i had much better spotting though.

ill post the rest when i get em
Old 08-13-2006, 01:58 PM

YA~...It's so much fun. Sonny you rule that trail...hahah~ May someone else could do, but no one dare to try like sonny. When I went there, met lot of good ppl and dogs..everyone worked hard to repair the table and installed signs. Yesterday was my first time ever brought my 4runner and don't have confidence to try. Feel shame about that...I hope no one think that new 4th Gen 4runner not capable to do 4x4in-. It was just my lack of experiences.

Anyway Dave you missed the fun at Sunrise Lake trail. Hope you enjoy pictures that I taken...hehe~~ As soon as I processed all my pictures, I will post them up here.
Humm...how many pictures did I taken? I don't know...I'm gonna find out soon. ( I just found out I've took 349 pictures. )

And here in this forum, I don't know what is the rule about post many many pictures here?

Sonny and Dave, we should meet sometime next week. It doesn't have to meet at trails, we could meet up for dinner and drink. ok?

Sonny, When I'm done with pictures I sent you soon. Or Go to my thread( Sunrise Lake trail gallary) and save pictures to your computer.

Last edited by mkool; 08-13-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:30 PM

12th Aug. Sunrise Lake gallary.

Part 1.

We were installiin the Sunrise Lack Trail sign.

Quick Reply: It's dead here