British Columbia British Columbia Chapter

08 trips and meeting place.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 trips and meeting place.

Well since the last thread in here was started 2+ years ago I think its time we start a new one.

Maybe use this thread as some were to let people know when you are heading out and were. Also post pictures once you get back and make a quick write up of the day.

I will make a write up and have a bunch of pictures in about 1.5 weeks when I get back from a wheeling trip to Oregon and northern Cali.

Jeremy
Old 06-13-2008, 03:24 PM

Here are a few pictures from my trip to Oregon last week. I got the truck done at 9pm the night before I left and was only able to put 20kms on it befor I left. I had just finished a solid axle swap, rear leaf install from links and cools that were stock on it and regear to 4.88. I had no problems on the trip other than a slight PS leak that was fixed with tightning of the sterring box adjuster. I'm total we coved 2300kms in 9 days and drove the cost from Long beach Washington to the Red wood national park in Northern California.

Here are a few of the pictures of the truck along the way.

Entering the Dunes and Beach:

The View:

First time driving on a Beach.

We are heading into the dunes from the beach here, there is about 3/4 of a mile of very dence bush to go though before you hit the dunes. There are 3 main sand roads though the bush to the dunes.

On top of a small 300ft tall Dune, this stuff is like driving on a the nastist mud you can imagin. We all had a hard time getting around on this stuff, I aired down to 15psi and it made things alot easyer.

The view ahead of us, we did not go any firther as I did not have any tow points and Daves (white 22re PU had a smoking clutch).

We went back the next day as the werather had cleared some and we wanted ot do some nore exploring.

Very nice day and one of only 4 on the whole trip.

The next day we were 250 miles firther south and in the Red Woods on a cool gravel trail with some of the bigest trees in the world lining the road.

Thats it for now.

Hope you all enjoy,

Jeremy
Old 06-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey Jeremy..

swap looks good mang! saw some pix of the maintenance run....howd the runner do? sorry i wasnt able to make it out to check your progress...something bout our 3rd baby being born got in the way.

wicked pics of your trip..looks like a killer time. im actually planning on something like that next year...down the coast + some dune wheeling. is camping allowed on the beach..or near the beach? or is it a day use only type thing?

since ive now got the cruiser...im not on YT as much..but i do check to see if people are wanting to get out. this is the perfect place to post up trips n what not...now all we gott a do is plug this thread in the other one!

when/where ya heading out next?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:50 PM

Thanks Mang,

The truck is awesome! I cant belive what a diffrence all this has made. Going over opsticals that would pull tire now it just floats right over. Driving on the FSR is a breaze, its like a caddilac just floats right over all the holes.

I would highly recoment that trip to anyone, its breath taking. there is group camping sights on the Dunes but nothing on the beach. There are lots of nice camp areas along the dunes and clouse to the beaches. With the little ones I would recomend the Honnyman state camp ground. Its Large so in the summer it usaly still has a few spots (reserve ahead of time from late June till Sept). There are Free Showers, kids play area (gungle gym) and lots of dune accsess. Let me know ahead of time and we can meet up, I will give you some cool stops along the way. Who knows if you dont mind another couple we may come again, my ORV permit is good till 2010

We need to get out soon, I want to see the 80 do its thing.

My next trip is Nehatlatch July long as I will not be able to leave till Sunday the Whipsaw trip was kind of out as an option. If I had the full weekend I would have come for sure.

After that me and Robin are heading back east for a wedding on her side and to see our familys. I will be taking the G35 but will still be a fun trip.

Jeremy
Old 07-02-2008, 01:49 PM

Well Canada Day long weekend was a 3 day trip to Nehatlatch and driving off road from Boston Bar to Harrison hot springs. Sunday we left Surrey at 7am and b lined to Boston Bar, there was bad accident on the #1 just passed Yale that had the road closed for 1.5 hours and it was 30c +. The good thing was we got stopped in one of the tunnels and it was quite a bit cooler (no a/c in the runner). Once we got rolling again we got the Boston Bar at 11am and met with the rest of our group about 1.5 hours later and the west end of the Nehatlatch.

Once we had met up with out group it was decided to do the Nehatlatch to Harrison Hot Springs route. On Sunday we hit the FSR towards Harrison and soon encountered our first opstical a rock in the middle of the road about the size of a Mini. Once we moved some smaller rocks out of the way we were able to get though with some damage on a few trucks ( I was fine).

After this and seeing that the air temp was now 38c we stopped at a road side stream and cooled off. A wet bandana and a wet had can cool you down a lot, it was just what was needed.

Once we got back underway we can across a flooded road, it looked as though the culvert had been pushed up and was not allowing the melt water to escape. So after we all got a photo shoot going though the water one of the guys seceded to go back and see if he could make a bigger splash. He did he hit the part of the road wit ha 6ft drop into the water and almost went entirely in. his whole pass side was under water up to the windows.

After that he was towed to camp for the night and repairs, turns out the only problem was a ½ tank of water in the gas.

The next say we got up to the snow line and were able to cool off in the snow for a bit. Snow under a wet had = 45min of cool in 35+c weather. We stopped at one point to shoot some clays at about 6000ft and a view you only get in BC, Glaciers, Rivers, water falls and crevasses all with in one view. After that 2 hour break it was onto our 2nd night camp along a river that feeds into north Harrison Lake. This was great as it was a place to take a dip and get cooled off and cleaned up a bit.

The next day was a charge for home as the bugs were out in full force and at one point I counted 10 mosquitoes on one leg.

After 200kms of back country off road travel in BC it was the best way to spend the weekend. I had no problems with the truck, Robin had a blast and it was great to meet some new people.

Until next time,

Jeremy

Last edited by Wheelingnoob; 07-02-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like you guys had fun. Me and the girlfriend went up to hihium (I think thats how you spell it...) in her 4runner. My truck was down with a leaky t-case and leaky rad. For the next 4 days we followed everyone on their quads in the runner, damn that was great People couldnt belive where you can take that thing!

On our way back we got stopped on the Hwy, that forrest fire/ rock slide was a mess. We sat there for a half hour in the 38+ degree weather before we decided to go up to liloette (Spelling again?) and through penticton, whistler and squamish. Damn that was a beautiful drive!

I need to get my truck in tip top shape and then I need to take her out and have some fun!

I fixed the t-case this morning, need to go up to toyota and buy some new coolant, hopfally I will get my "new-to-me" rad in within a couple days... Then its down to getting that bugger of a o2 sensor in.. Heat did nothing, heat + loads of pb blaster did nothing.. Im lost
Old 07-04-2008, 12:51 PM

Pictures from last weekend:

Old 07-04-2008, 01:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice this new 87 im getting is getting plated before i make it a cross canada wheeling machine!

nice pics cant wait to get over to your coast!
Old 07-04-2008, 07:12 PM

nice pics man, Makes me want to get my junk back together.

hey jay351, Im guessing your trying to take the o2 out right? If its was me I would just get an O2 socket, hook it up to my impact gun and lay on it! or use a ridiculously long breaker bar.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:41 AM
Contributing Member

The bolts are literally melted. They are simply round. They are too soft for vice grips. Heating them up did nothing...
Old 08-22-2008, 09:19 AM

Whipsaw Weekend!!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 08:43 PM

hey jay ,.... go to a welding shop and get a dude to weld a nut onto it so you can just loosen it . usually works great and wont cost much.

hey everyone long time no talk, nice pics noob. hey anyone wanna buy my 4runner?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Contributing Member

Haha, I might end up doing something like that

Me and a buddy in his sidekick went up eagle mtn a little while back. I knocked my intake off a little on the first obstical of the day. Truck did not want to idle higher then 300rpm that whole day, LAME! There is some videos up on youtube. The best stuff of the day was not filmed. Including the close encounter with tree's, my front end leaving the ground (I like the skinny pedal too much), and me almost rolling it down the cliff (3 wheels baby).

I had fun!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:04 PM

Last weekend we headed up to the Lillooet River area about 80kms north west of Pemberton. Had a great weekend, went to the Hotsprings (keyhole) and was diapointed by there condition and did not use them.

The views up there was well worth the drive, had a great weekend and got to check another part of BC off the map.

Jeremy
Old 09-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Contributing Member

Driving from lillooet down to vancouver was pretty sweet. The hills are pretty knarl though!