North Carolina North Carolina Chapter

What's in North Carolina?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's in North Carolina?

Haha, I guess along the lines of my rather simplified title, but here goes. I'm kind of looking for a change at 28 years of age and am thinking of moving. Instead of just moving to another part of CA (with horrible gun and smog laws I might mention) I am considering packing up and moving to a different state. Where would one recommend in NC? Would people even recommend NC? I see posts by guys with rigs, wheeling and see "NC" in their details so it appears that there are at least some good places to wheel

I'm and IT guy by trade and am wondering what areas of NC for instance are booming and what the housing market is like.

I would at some point in my life like to own a house with at least some land around it (not a condo haha) I put it to you NC guys and girls... What's up in NC? (any advice or info will help btw, negative or positive)
Old 07-05-2011, 11:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Center of motorsports. Particularly nascar. That's the reason I'll be moving there after college.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:16 PM

Theres quite a few places here in western NC, if u like mountains here is the place. If u like flat or hills the piedmont, or sandy flat then the coast. I live here in the mountains and theres plenty of trails and roads to ride. Mite find some place to work. Stay away from Asheville lots of hippies and left handed ppl, if u know what i mean. Im from henderson county and there some houses up for sale, like anywhere.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:08 AM

NC, best state in the US. - Fact

I love it, I can be in the mtns, and in the same day be at the beach. the weather is not bad either.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Contributing Member

I would suggest looking at the Charlotte or Raleigh areas. Charlotte is a lot closer to multiple wheeling areas (both in and outside of NC) and has a pretty fun bar scene. Raleigh is a really fun place for the young professional crowd (Under 30), but a bit farther away from good wheeling spots.