North Carolina North Carolina Chapter

Uwharee Trip

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 06:45 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get off work at 6 that Saterday, so I more thank likley will be there that night, early enough to do a little wheel'n if you guys are still up for it by that time.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Contributing Member

We could meet at a campsite (scott definately for you) but we might as well make a time to meet at the outpost since we all will want to fuel up and get some odds'n ends supplies. Whatever everyone wants to do. The outpost is by far the easiest place to find. Thats why I'm saying we should meet there.

Lets meet on friday at 6pm at the outpost. If you arrive eariler we can meet at arrowhead campground then we can all meet at 6 at the outpost. I havent even checked how long I have to drive but I'm expecting the worst. Then sat we can meet scott on sat at the campsite at a time he can meet us.

Last edited by turboale; 04-09-2004 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Contributing Member

Ok, Just checked driving time and its only 5hrs 33min... so... 5hrs... Not too bad, little longer than driving home but better than I was suspecting. I guess we could meet a little eariler like 5. i just don't want to get stuck in taffic or bla bla and hold everybody up. I also don't want to plan on leaving at the crack of dawn because I just tend to leave later than planned (its a kent thing I believe).
Old 04-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Contributing Member

Ok, speaking of which... Ive got to finish packing and get my arse on the road for aville!
Old 04-11-2004, 12:09 PM

I will be meeting my brother with one of his Jeep buddies on Saturday the 17th. It will be my first trip up there.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Contributing Member

Come out the next weekend too and meet us!
Old 04-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Contributing Member

Austin sorry I still haven't got your check in the mail, I've been super busy b/w school and work, also wrapping up deals on my ARB 3rd and 35 MT/R's. Seeing how we are so close to Uwharrie, could we just do the deal there?
Old 04-12-2004, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by turboale
Come out the next weekend too and meet us!
Unfortunately I have other comitments that weekend. I hope to make it next trip.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Contributing Member

J-dub,
Aww... that sucks... We will definately be having another run this summer. I'm not going to be able to go to the SE4RJ so I'm definately going to be wanting to get back on the trails before summer is over. You should go to the SE4RJ! There will be more people there and its a bit more/better planned out.

Scott,
That will probably work out if you just want to wait. Jeremey... have you sent yours yet? I havent mailed them yet....
Old 04-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Contributing Member

i put the letter in the mail this afternoon, you should probably get it wed-fri. i dunno how fast the post office is, i almost never mail stuff USPS
Old 04-13-2004, 06:35 PM

austin can you bring stickers to uwharrie??
Old 04-14-2004, 04:40 AM

Hey guys, I'm starting to feel like my truck isnt up to uwharrie. I've never been there, but with no mods except tires, I'm not feeling certain I would make it. What do yall think?
Old 04-14-2004, 05:07 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 93OldMan
Hey guys, I'm starting to feel like my truck isnt up to uwharrie. I've never been there, but with no mods except tires, I'm not feeling certain I would make it. What do yall think?
Quit thinking and just come, it'll be okay, I felt like I wasn't up to the challenge a few times b/c Jason had us taking some pretty tight and steep lines, you just need to go and figure it out for yourself. Most everyone going is open diffed, at least until the SAS's are done, and I find the magic money tree in my back yard. But I say just go with it, I'm leaving Saterday night and your more than welcome to follow me down, or you can just ride with me if you would like, but I would suggest at least bringing your truck so you can see what she's capable of. There's nothing really there that open diffs. and a good line with a good spotter can't get you through. Let me know so we can make arrangments. Then after the trip you can come home and buy Jermey's coils off of him, then the mod feaver takes over and the fun relally begins.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:19 AM
Contributing Member

coils are already gone. I made it almost all the way through uwharrie with open diffs last time, all i had were springs and tires. Granted it was the "easy" path everytime, theres nothing exceptionally difficult out there. Its just a fun place to go mess around. I think there were only one or two places were we had to winch anyone. Dont worry about your truck, this isnt a pro offroading event, just some people getting together.

ohh yea, and theres no way my truck is going to be there at all. Sucks i know, but thats life.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:24 AM

Uhwarrie isn't that challenging... I did all of it 4 years ago w/ open diffs, 31's, and no lift. It's what you make it. Obviously I didn't run Kodak Rock or the ledge @ Daniel (that exists now) but everything else I did w/ a fair amount of ease, maybe a little difficulty...it's all in the line you pick, and your spotter...

Now if it rains, all bets are off. Lockers or no lockers, it's a mud and wet clay slide fest...

Come on! We'll all help you through it!
Old 04-14-2004, 09:25 AM

The TRIP

I will be heading down on Friday... Just to let you know: You have to stop at the OUTPOST to buy your passes now.... I found this out last weekend when I went and was turned around to buy my pass.

So how many are going now?

I'm just going to show up and hopefully find some cool people to let me barrow some space in there site to camp. I will pay for the night if you just find it, and reserve it, and don't mind sharing the space.

I plan to have my winch on in time... Does anyone else have them? High lift? Tire stuff? Tools? etc?

I will bring my portable welder if you think we might need it... My High Lift....
My floor jack, Tools, and food and beer.....

What else is everyone else bringing?
Old 04-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

"I will bring my portable welder if you think we might need it... "

thats probably i LITTLE excessive. If anyone out there breaks something that needs to be WELDED back they didnt do a very good job of putting it together.

looks like i'll just be bringing myself and some food, kinda tough to break anything on my truck when it doesnt move under its own power yet

Last edited by NCSU-4runner; 04-14-2004 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:36 AM

Or they're driving a REALLY HEAVY RIG... people like that don't need to drive that kind of rig on the trails ... oh... wait.... nevermind...

If I break something @ Uhwarrie than I'm doing something VERY wrong or VERY stupid.

J
Old 04-14-2004, 09:48 AM

who was it that broke their shifter that one time at uwharrie. I believe it could have been welded back.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by ssbogger
who was it that broke their shifter that one time at uwharrie. I believe it could have been welded back.
:pat:

That was Jeremy....

Oh the irony...

thats probably i LITTLE excessive. If anyone out there breaks something that needs to be WELDED back they didnt do a very good job of putting it together.
In his defense, it wasn't his fault.. it was the guy that put it on....

J

Quick Reply: Uwharee Trip