North Carolina North Carolina Chapter

Uwharee Trip

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me and Seaflea are planning to stay at arrow head camp groud. Hot showers and the wives are wanting to come. Now before u say anything, they both own 4x4s and love 4wheeling. Hell, mine doesnt think twice before jumping into something. Maybe thats why shes always complaining about strange noises and rattles from her rig(94 toy 4x4pickup). Anways, this way u dont have gear bouncing around in your rig. Besides I hate shook up beer .
Old 03-24-2004, 08:02 AM
Contributing Member

I'm down for whatever. I just wouldn't mind being able to take a dip after a long hot day on the trail. I guess we could just go "check out" the place with the lake front and take a dip and then jet and stay on the trail...? I don't mind either way, but if its free... and you can make as much noise as you want... and you don't have to worry about rangers busting you for drinking... then... why not? BUT, we do want to stay as united as possible. For instnce... we all meet at the arrow head each morning for breakfast etc. Being on the trail you will have to take your stuff down each day also... a down point. I don't care either way, we just can't get away from each other too much b/c then we don't meet up. Like what happaned to jeremy with our run... I still feel bad about that btw....
Old 03-24-2004, 08:36 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
Like what happaned to jeremy with our run... I still feel bad about that btw....
no kidding, i drove all the way up from florida that day only to end up not finding you guys in the dark since you decided it would be real cool to park that van so it blocked out all the trucks from view. Then i was so pissed i didnt pay attention where i was going and got lost as hell on all those dirt roads in the middle of the night. At least i got to practice my rally driving, i was haulin ass down those backroads at 2am. i was so tired when i finally found my way back to the pavement i slept in the backseat of my truck till daybreak then did the last hour of driving home

this will NOT happen again. the key is "proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance"

Last edited by NCSU-4runner; 03-24-2004 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:16 PM

Hey Scott, how early can u be there on sunday?
Old 03-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Contributing Member

When do you guys wake up, I might be able to be there really late Saterday if anyone want to night run, or if yall are drinking I'm sure you'll be up.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:22 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
O.K. We (me and mike) have reserved a camp site in arrowhead camp ground
(site #2). There are still a few spots around us for those that are interested.

Scott, we get up early! So come on up
Old 03-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, I used to camp on the trail, Which is where I would rather camp but, My wife is coming along and I dont mind having creature comforts. Especialy if it makes my wife feel better aboout being there. She is behind me all the way (just as long as she can have a hot shower. LOL )
Anyway, I dont mind meeting up with you guys where you are camping. We could make that our meeting area and go from there. Does anybody have a CB? and if so what channel do you use up there? As my cell phone does not work in that area I think it would be best if we try to communicate by CB.
I know from past experience that my CB will reach at least a of mile in that area. just let me know what channel to be on and I will monitor it.

On the lighter side Mike has just about sealed the deal on a set of 4.56 gears and trutracks, along with a set of 5 31.10.50 BFG all terrains on tec1 rock crawlers. I hope it pans out for him. I will keep you updated.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:22 PM

Being on the trail you will have to take your stuff down each day also... a down point.
Last time i stayed on the trail we left our tents, chairs, coolers, and everything else out during the day and it was fine. Maybe we just got lucky? One of my friends is driving down there in his Dodge Ram but not taking it on the trails so it would stay at camp. It would probably discourage looters a little bit.
Glad to hear you can make it Austin.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Contributing Member

I'm not leaving anything anywhere but in the back of my truck, i dont trust people any farther than i can throw them
Old 03-27-2004, 06:09 AM
Contributing Member

True to that Jermey, trust no one, especially in the woods in the middle of nowhere. Where there are no cameras to keep people at least semi honest. I think I might go over to Mikeys87, and Seaflea's spot since they will be easy to find and then follow them to where ever the rest of you guys are. This really sucks I wish I could get out of work and be there the whole time.

As for communication I won't have any, unless I can get a cheep CB and an antena installed by then . If everyone had Verizon I wouldn't need CB I could just call someone, I think Sam has it, we were the only 2 with signal out there, God bless one company that understands how to make a good cell phone antena.

Last edited by Stump1883; 03-27-2004 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:13 AM

Scott, i dont know how large are site will be till we get there, but can throw up a tent and stay there if u would like to. Call it the 1st gen site
Old 03-27-2004, 08:16 AM

yea remember that stripped out jeep

i think we would be okay if we left a vehicle at the site but i will also load up my crap and set it back up
Attached Thumbnails Uwharee Trip-jeep.jpg  
Old 03-27-2004, 08:19 AM
Contributing Member

Ive got a CB and two "family band" radios. I'll need to make sure and bring extra batteries... they proved quite useful the first trip. The only way I would leave stuff is in a locked car on a camp site where someone can hear the cracking glass. If I remember correctly, you went at a pretty off-peak time right sam? Idono, I just don't plan on leaving my stuff in the woods... its just asking for it imho.

As for verison... don't get me started... I can't count how many people had problems with their verizon account/phone down at school the last two years ive been there. Not only does the service suck, but people were getting $900 bills eventhough they had "national" plans. It seems that they have their in the middle of no where civerage down pat, but whenever you go into a city poof, it sucks. Even in chicago it sucks. Its what you get when you merge three out dated goinge out of business cell co.s and try and make it new. sorry... just a little random rant.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:48 PM

As for verison... don't get me started... I can't count how many people had problems with their verizon account/phone down at school the last two years ive been there. Not only does the service suck, but people were getting $900 bills eventhough they had "national" plans. It seems that they have their in the middle of no where civerage down pat, but whenever you go into a city poof, it sucks. Even in chicago it sucks. Its what you get when you merge three out dated goinge out of business cell co.s and try and make it new. sorry... just a little random rant.[/QUOTE]

Switch to Srint PCS. I work for sprint and would love to set you up with a great new phone and a plan that you will never get a roaming bill again. + we have the best phones on the market. www.sprintpcs.com

williamssk123@yahoo.com
kyle.k.williams@mail.sprint.com

get in touch with me if anyone is interested.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Contributing Member

Already Got it but if anybody does actually sign up you can give them my phone number and we both get a discount on our bills for me refrencing you. But let me know when Samsung comes out with a PTT phone b/c I really want it but don't like sanyo...

Last edited by turboale; 03-28-2004 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:47 PM

Scott: Yes, I have verizon.

Austin: Yes, I went in the middle of october. Not very crowded.

I suppose i could load up all of my stuff but i just hate doing it. It would give me a chance to test out my new and improved low profile speaker box i just built tonight. hehe
Old 04-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Contributing Member

Hey 4R4Me you still in? I'm making a roster on the site. Does anyone know what happened to Darren aka beachrunner? He said he was going to get me pics but never did. ? Also what about you Jayson? So there are only two staying at campsites right now?

Last edited by turboale; 04-08-2004 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Contributing Member

Depending on when you guys want to meet we might need to designate a couple meeting times at the outpost. If you guys want to meet in the evening then we could just have one I just assume you guys will want to get there erly. Just something we need to start thinking about. Its comming up!
Old 04-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member

Depending on when you guys want to meet we might need to designate a couple meeting times at the outpost. If you guys want to meet in the evening then we could just have one I just assume you guys will want to get there erly. Just something we need to start thinking about. Its comming up!

15 days to go, and my truck STILL doesnt run yet, ouch. i dunno where im camping, depends on what jason does. He's the bombdigity food cooker so where he goes i follow
Old 04-08-2004, 08:32 PM

We can meet anywhere. We got a camp site that is easy to find if anyone whats to meet there. Its one of the first ones in arrowhead. We are going to be there by mid day on friday i believe.

Quick Reply: Uwharee Trip