North Carolina North Carolina Chapter

Raleigh, on Nowell road, who was it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raleigh, on Nowell road, who was it?

Bout 8 am this morn, thursday, I saw a nice lookin 90 to 92 runner. Blue in color, on say, 33's. Just wondering who it was if anyone was in town. If so nice truck>
Old 04-30-2004, 11:14 PM

It wasn't me but I've seen it parked on Hillsborough Street a lot. Did it have a basket on the roof?

Last edited by minidisc8; 05-01-2004 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:43 AM

Yep It did now that ya say that.
Old 05-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Contributing Member

Recruit him!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 03:29 PM

That's my friend Anthony... 33" MT/R's, Surco basket... he works in the CHASS lab... he's only been to Uhwarrie once w/ me... he's not interested in wheeling his rig... it's got PP Springs and PP Torsion bars.... stock 4.30 gears... and that's all...

J
Old 05-11-2004, 04:08 PM

Like we're supposed to believe you would even know HOW to open your eyes at 8am? C'mon Spelhaug you're still trying to figure out which end of the wrench goes into the toolbox at 8am...
Old 05-12-2004, 07:35 AM
Contributing Member

I can't remember the last time I was up at 8am...

oop, remembered it! It was when I left to come up to uwharrie... and that was on like 4hrs of sleep...
Old 05-12-2004, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by RedWolf
Like we're supposed to believe you would even know HOW to open your eyes at 8am? C'mon Spelhaug you're still trying to figure out which end of the wrench goes into the toolbox at 8am...
I do more by 8 am then most do all... oh wait I got out of the Corps, Never mind.

Jason, try it again this weekend?
Old 05-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Contributing Member

hey jr, you going to make it to the wrench-a-thon for a bit? Got anything you want to do to the rig?
Old 05-13-2004, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by turboale
hey jr, you going to make it to the wrench-a-thon for a bit? Got anything you want to do to the rig?
Yeha I think Ill be around, The last weekend of the month right at Jeremys. Not sure if I will have anything to do at the time or not, but If needed I can drag the welder, and a hand held plasma cutter up there. How many, and what all is going to be going on. An apartment complex parking lot may not be the Ideal spot. Depending on the circumstances, I may have a bit more equiped spot. Let me know on a day and the amount of trucks we are talking. Ill see what I can do.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Allright! I just talked to Mike and we agreed that since he is moving to Asheville next month and my truck will be in his shop for paint, that we will be there for a Day trip. We will leave early Sat. morn and leave Sat. eve.
We can bring a saws-all and a port-a-band. The band saw is not exactly precise but it will work for what we need.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Contributing Member

Jr,
I think jer is moving to some huge house with a 3 car garage with a ton of garage space. Or thats what he said in the other thread. Either way, glad to hear we have a back-up welder in town if chris and the bro's don't bring theirs.

Will, I'll be able to use that saw for that aux backup light mod ive been wanting to do for... well... ever...
Old 05-13-2004, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

no more apartment after monday, they havent said anything to me about MY truck being out in the parking lot yet, but 10 toyotas half torn apart and welding etc going on. . . . they MIGHT say something about that one
Old 05-14-2004, 02:07 AM

Ohhhhhh, Now it makes more sense. Jeremy, let me know where your at. Curious to see the new pad.
Well Ill still be around anyway if we need some more metal tools. Just get me a wish list the week of, and I will see what I can get. It is the buisness that I am in.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:20 AM
Contributing Member

saaaahweeet!
Old 05-16-2004, 03:30 AM

Ohhhhtttt, ohhhhhhh. I have to do something about the rims on the truck befor I do anything. Added the ball joint spacer and forgot that my rims will not work with one due to the back setting is more that 3.75. I think they are 4.5 but not sure. So I have to get new rims under the truck befor It goes anywhere. Also was missing the only piece of hardware from the torsion bar that I cant reuse. Bolt snapped off when trying to change out the torsion bars. Had it lifted up and just a socket wrench and it snapped clean and knocked a hole in the floor board. So that is yet to be done, called the dealership and reamed them a new a$$hole for not giving them to me when I ordered ALL the hardware to change out. So monday will be another wrench turning evening I guess trying to get the suspension back under the truck. Anyone got any good deals on some rock crawler rims by chance? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Old 05-16-2004, 06:47 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about the broken bolt. I know that number a little too well. I broke two off my skid plate .

If you had some classicIIs or could find a really good deal on some I might be interested in trading. I think I'm going to paint my stock wheels black and then have some classicIIs. I don't know if my stock wheels would be any better, but actually if you wanted those I'd sell those to you real cheap. They are the limited wheels and they don't look that bad painted black.

Last edited by turboale; 05-16-2004 at 06:57 AM.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Contributing Member

i've got tbar bolts and rims. looks like your lucky day
Old 05-16-2004, 02:58 PM

It damn sure is. See ya tomorow.

Amazing how these threads change from reply to reply. Went from finding someone to recruit, to Jeremy hookin me up with some hardware.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:38 PM
Contributing Member

Aren't truck clubs great?? Makes everything I do worth it. Glad to hear it's paying off! We are even getting new members from the website!! I coudln't be happier. Whats your name again, I'm sorry but I'm horrible with names. I'll get it after the wrench-a-thon but I'm just not a name person if you know what I mean. I'm just ask'n so I can put it on the roster HERE . Also, do you want to be "officially" in our club? I know your in the boat drinks and all... but could you sport a 4Roc decal on your rig too? I mean... we are hooking you up with wheels and torson bar bolts...? Its only $6 for the decal and you get a FREE website for your truck!!!

Last edited by turboale; 05-16-2004 at 09:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Raleigh, on Nowell road, who was it?