North Carolina North Carolina Chapter

NC mud/trails

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NC mud/trails

Hey fellow Yotatech users i'm new to this forum and live in albemarle NC i was wondering if anyone around the surronding area had any legit trails or mud pits i could drop my 86 yota off in,Done been on private property and got caught this is why im asking. And please no 1 mention the uwharries i dont have my truck set-up for the beating yet Thanks...Derrick
Old 03-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off.... welcome to yotatech! You'll enjoy this site, but you'll enjoy it much better once you learn a few things. First search before you ask, especially when wanting information about tires and lifts as they've been covered to death.
Secondly, I'm by no means flaming you on here but this site highly endorses TREAD Lightly! In short terms meaning to respect the land and pack in more than you pack out. We also do not endorse trespassing on private property. It only makes us look bad to the tree huggers that want to shut our trails down.

Now to your question, depending on where you are located. I know of a trail in Gorges State Park. It's not a really rough trail, mainly just a trail ride. It's located in Sapphire, NC off hwy 64. Years ago it used to connect to SC to what's known as The Horse Pasture trail. The NC/SC forestry commission along with Duke Energy have since then annexed the trails that used to run between the NC/SC borders. It's a good trail to ride if you want to kill most of the day but it's a one way in/one way out. Meaning you will have to turn around and come out the way you went in. Also the park closes at night so you'll have to get out before dark. I'm hoping to eventually get a group to go up there as my 'wheeling buddy now no longer has time to go offroading.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The place Ironmike4x4 is referring to is called the Auger Hole. Its off 281 south and only open during training season for bears. Few camp sites but good just to ride in for the day. Pinnicle mountain is 17 miles one way, bout half is paved and the other is some good riding.

Quick Reply: NC mud/trails