count me in on this too.
Just let me know when and where (how to get there) and I will be there
Old 05-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
less than 10 minutes
Old 05-04-2004, 09:25 AM

What about accomodations for every one? I know i have a few buddies that live in that area so i could stay with them but what about every one else?
Also i probably wouldnt have much work to do on mine. I would probably use that wkend to drive to Raliegh, go to Wilmington on Sat to get tires, then come back sat night to raliegh, and maybe work with yall on sun if you work then.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ssbogger
What about accomodations for every one? I know i have a few buddies that live in that area so i could stay with them but what about every one else?
Also i probably wouldnt have much work to do on mine. I would probably use that wkend to drive to Raliegh, go to Wilmington on Sat to get tires, then come back sat night to raliegh, and maybe work with yall on sun if you work then.

let me say again, 3000 sq ft house. the living room is about 60 ft x 30 feet. We could sleep every one of you guys in sleeping bags and coutches and still be able to have an indoor football game at the same time. Its a BIG house
Old 05-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Contributing Member

Sweet. I think we should have your place as the main meeting point and if we need extra tools/space (riiight) etc. we can head to my god-father's place. I know I can stay there. There is at least one other bed room also for those that require a bed. He has a big pond/small lake thing in front of his house if we want to cool off also. I just talked to my mom and she said Hes still working on the boat, so that will be fun to check out. Last time I saw it, it was just a skeleton and fuel tank.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Contributing Member

I NEED a definative dat on this thing. We need to choose one soon so that I can make sure I have the time off. Otherwise I'll never be able to make it. So lets choose a weekend and make this thing happen. I'm going to get on the phone soon and get these parts in.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I have a call in with the godfather but I haven't heard back yet. I will hopefully know tomorrow, but definately by the end of the week. Is that soon enough?
Old 05-04-2004, 06:22 PM

Austin, its about an hour and a half frome 95/74 to my place. A fab weekend sounds good, i have a miller mig welder, a small bender, sheetmetal brake and mis. metal working tool and equip. The brake isn't very moble. Its on casters, but weighs 350-400bls. Can transport welder and bender.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Contributing Member

sweet, so thats 2-3 welders if we get the bro's in on this. I'm sure they will be game because neither of them have their sliders done and matt wants to go crazy with his suspension.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Contributing Member

Its official, the dates posted are the official dates. Its the last weekend of the month. Friday the 28th-30th. Just got off the phone with my god father and he isn't doing anything and he is still in full tilt with his boat project so i don't know how much help he is going to be but himself because hes running behind shcedule but I'm sure he would still let us use his equipment if we needed it.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Contributing Member

Sweet I'll go put in for it tomarrow. Now all I need to do is get this darn axel rebuilt, sanded, and painted. Then get all my parts in, geez this is going to be a miricale if all this works out.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:36 AM
Contributing Member

hey boys...
Single blonde jeep girl is probably comming to the meet. She wants to lift it but just had a pretty bad white water rafting accident so she doesn't think she'll be able to work and make the money to get all the parts for the meet, but really wants to learn about cars (its kinda scary how badly) Just thought you guys would like the ring of that...

Anyway... it looks like i'll have a new alt and powersteering pump ready to go in for the wrench-a-thon.

Last edited by turboale; 05-05-2004 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:45 AM
Contributing Member

I hope I can make it, I have ALOT of work to do just rebuilding this axel. It is nuts, I'm taking everything apart even the birfs to check for wear and replace EVERYTHING. Wish me luck.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Contributing Member

Man, I really hope you get it done. You have a month, plus... you have to make it to atleast one 4Roc meet this summer! We can rent a trailer and trailer it if you cant get her rolling for the wrench-a-thon. We will get it on somehow. Then we can split gas or something. I just need to get a new trailer hook up as the one thats on there now is completey screwed from getting smashed between the dirt of uwharrie and the towhitch. hehe. Let me know if you want me to go ahead and get a new lead and ball. It will be the first time towing with my truck, we can put the HD OME and Bills to a test.

Edit:
BTW, I just talked to my best friend back home and one of his good Volvo buddies is the parts manager at Toyota of Raleigh. Anybody need some good parts!? Maybe I can get them to sponser it!

Last edited by turboale; 05-05-2004 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:08 AM

Austin,
So what are the dates? Locations?
Old 05-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by NVRSASTK
Austin,
So what are the dates? Locations?

It's in a link somewhere, I think it's the last week in May and we don't have a definate place yet(at least not with an adress) it would be to sketchy to put on the web like that.

This is going to be a strech to get there. I might get there but I can't have all the parts by then. Too much money all at once. Everything has to be in all at once so I can't just do it in a phase 1 thing for the meet. Also Jermey, can you PM me a shoipping quote on your re-build kit. I almost have the entire axel apart, only one knuckle and two birfs. left to take apart and clean. The zip code is 27265. You get that for me and I'll get you the money.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:15 AM
Contributing Member

Well, jeremy has the address. It's his place, but I'm going to be in town from friday the 28th through sunday the 30th (In Raleigh). Turns out the girl is moving that weekend so I will have one bedroom and atleast one couch availabe. I guess you guys will have to arm wrestle for it or something.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Contributing Member

Ok guys, lets RSVP so we know who all is gonna make it. Also, do you guys have a grill? I have to have my bbq . I was just wondering if I need to bring mine. PM or email me and I'll make a list like I did with the last trip.

Who's comming!??
Old 05-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Contributing Member

I'll be there pending work letting me off, and getting my axel slung back under the truck. I might just load up my V6 3rd member and come to install gears. Anyone know how to do them really well.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:30 PM
Contributing Member

Ok, so we have one person for sure, and another pending...

Quick Reply: NC Meets this summer