North Carolina North Carolina Chapter

just say hi

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just say hi

hey ij ust wanted to say whats up, my name is preston and i live in apex but mainly stay around raleigh and drive a 2004 Tacoma Ext cab 4x4. my buddy with a 1998 4runner showed me you guys but i dont think he has posted. i just wanted to say whats up, and that i cant wait to meet some of you guys!
Old 05-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Contributing Member

Welcome to the board! Hope you have a deep wallet! After you've been on this site for a few months your wallet will be lighter but your rig will look sweeter!
Old 05-13-2004, 06:39 AM
Contributing Member

Isn't that the truth!

Welcome aboard! I'm glad you found your way over! Are you going to make it to our wrench-a-thon?? I guess I should check my mail to see if you replied to my stream of bla bla bla last night . Why hasn't your friend posted?? Everyone knows 98s are the best year!!! Oh, was he the guy trying to sell his lifted one a little while back? He wanted me to spread the word, but the problem is we all have 4runners already anyway, welcome aboard! Do you have any mods done to your rig? What about your friend's runner?

edit:
When are you planning on going to uwharrie? lets go the week after memorial day weekend! Thats the week after the wrench-a-thon so I'll be in town anyway. Then everyone that wants to go will already be in raleigh so we can all caravan too.

hey, if either of you want sliders we are trying to get ppl together to buy some metal, and the more you buy the cheaper it gets, so post up in the Summer Meets thread if your interested.

Last edited by turboale; 05-13-2004 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Contributing Member

Welcome aboard, I feel bad for your rational, and responsible side, because he's about to get thrown out the window. Once you join a Toyota BBS your in trouble, and once you get with all of us, and see some of the really amazing rigs that have been built, your done for. Enjoy, can't wait to meet ya some time and hit the trails. That is if I ever get my rig rolling again.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:34 AM

Nice to have ya on board Preston, Dont be to scared, Its only metal.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:16 AM

sorry i havent replied in a while, actually as a matter of fact we were planning on going to saturday after memorial weekend and maybe camping out that night but i dont know, my truck is still stock although i am trying to find a good price on 265x75x16 Dunlop Mud Rovers before we go down. My friends Runner has 31x10.50 all terrains on it, its not lifted yet but it is still a off road beast, me and him went through regency the other day just messing around even though my backyard is harder than regency, also maybe one day this week we want to go out to kemp road, but well see.....if i can get my tires before the weekend after memorial and my buddy gets his front suspension fixed(somethings clicking really loud) then we are definatly going on the weekend after, but if not then it will be in a few more weeks
Old 05-16-2004, 08:53 AM
Contributing Member

so what your trying to say is that you have no earthly clue!?

haha, well... get your buddy to come to the wrench-a-thon if he hasn't figured out what the "clicky" thing is under his rig. I'm putting my money on a CV joint, but I could be wrong. Is it worse when he turns? Where is it comming from? A CV change would take no time and you can get life time warrenty at AutoZone for under 90. And if he plans on lifting, I would recomend this as some people have been screwed b/c of it. Anywho, maybe you guys will make it to the next uwharrie meet when we go. We will start planning at and after the wrench-a-thon. I wouldn't mind going right before classes start (about 3 weeks after the wrench-a-thon).