North Carolina North Carolina Chapter

gears and tires

Old 04-11-2004, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gears and tires

Just got my new 3rds and tires installed today. Now have 4:56 f/r with detroit true track f/r on v6 3rds. Also installed new bfg 31x1.5 on black rock crawler. Truck is ready for uwharrie. Man this was a long day swaping those parts out. Going to hit the beach tomorrow to see how the true tracks work. Thanks for all the help Will .
Old 04-11-2004, 06:42 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Mikeys87
Just got my new 3rds and tires installed today. Now have 4:56 f/r with detroit true track f/r on v6 3rds. Also installed new bfg 31x1.5 on black rock crawler. Truck is ready for uwharrie. Man this was a long day swaping those parts out. Going to hit the beach tomorrow to see how the true tracks work. Thanks for all the help Will .
Geez, this sucks, my ARB won't be here in time, plus I'll never have it running anyways. Maybe I can get it running for the Jambo.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saw you on the road today, What a difference a month makes!!!!! Yeah, you do realize that in the last month youre runner has dropped its
grocery getter status and has morphed into a competent trail rig.
Now if we could only get those bumpers done before you move
If not I guess I will have to tackle them myself. I'm sure it will be a learning experience. But Ive got all summer to get it right

Oh yeah, I now have a welder to use until I can buy one.
PS
Iwill try to get some pics of youre runner tomorrow, so everybody can see it.
Will
Old 04-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Contributing Member

Schweet!!

How well did they do? Hurry will hurry!! I want to see this beast!!! hmm.. I better get my camera charger before the run. Its still in the bahamas! grrrr...
Old 04-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Contributing Member

Alright! i got em.

They arent the best 'cause Mike was trying to leave for class.
But heres a little preview.

Any clue when you can add pics of my runner to the web site?
I feel so lonely since I am the only one without pics of my ride. :cry:
Attached Thumbnails gears and tires-mikeys87.jpg  
Old 04-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Contributing Member

heres another
P.S. I know our rigs look alike but that was never intentional
Attached Thumbnails gears and tires-mikeys.jpg  

Last edited by seaflea; 04-13-2004 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Contributing Member

Dammit,
I know I made you an image like everyone else already but I can't find it... Sorry, thanks for telling me its not up. I'll have it up soon. I'll put the new ones up for mike too.

Austin
Old 04-14-2004, 04:17 PM
Contributing Member

No worries

Austin,
if you cant find it dont worry, I'm sure we will have plenty to post from the meet.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:19 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I found the ones you sent me but they a. look too much alike and b. are too cropped to really get one good background image. I could just post one up there for now and wait til the meet to make you a collage like the others. Yeah, thats what i'll do...

edit:
I got the pic up... also... i'm not sure if you were interested or if I ever posted this, but I made you an avatar... I can make you another one with the other logo on it too if you'd rather. I made that one when I first made that other logo.
Attached Images  

Last edited by turboale; 04-15-2004 at 06:38 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks

Thanks, I like it!
Probably gonna change it after the meet.
We should get some cool pics then
Old 04-18-2004, 07:55 AM
Contributing Member

Definately... I'm known as sir shoots alot. I'll have to let the gf drive some and take pics of everyone's rigs. We took over 1,050 pics over spring break. I don't know if i'm going to have my battery charger in time but my gf has a good camera too. I'll be bringing my computer too so we can dump everyone's memory cards when they get full.

* for those with digital cameras* If you have a sony, olympus or cannon you don't need to bring your cable. I know all of those use the same cable and I'll be bringing mine. We could even make a video if you guys want to. I would but its hard to drive and make a video at the same time. I'll bring everything just incase. I'm such a tech
Old 04-18-2004, 08:15 AM
Contributing Member

Ok, we can't leave mike being the only one w/o a 4RocNC avatar...

Little blown out but it will work until we get some better quality pics out on the trails.
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2004, 09:34 AM
Contributing Member

Sweet, Austin I think that John(OldMan93) is bringing a guy that has to make a video for school, so we should have at least some video from the trip, but we won't be getting there until Saterday night. What time are you leaving Sunday?
Old 04-19-2004, 07:09 AM
Contributing Member

Not sure... depends on homework situation for my gf and I. Also on my next film project but I already told them I'm going to be gone from friday-sunday sometime. I asked him what medium he was going to be using as in 8mm or dv b/c I have a dv camera so if he brings me some extra tapes then I'll give him the ones that I shoot from the first two days but I haven't heard what camera hes going to be using. Are you guys still caravaning?
Old 04-19-2004, 08:46 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
Not sure... depends on homework situation for my gf and I. Also on my next film project but I already told them I'm going to be gone from friday-sunday sometime. I asked him what medium he was going to be using as in 8mm or dv b/c I have a dv camera so if he brings me some extra tapes then I'll give him the ones that I shoot from the first two days but I haven't heard what camera hes going to be using. Are you guys still caravaning?
Yeah I think we're still caravaning, I don't have his cell number but he has mine, he just needs to use it and get up withme before the trip. But that would be really sweet to have a full length video of the trip and not just snips like from the last one. If you talk to him at all, tell him to call me, if he doesn't have my number already feel free to give it out. Getting excited, even though I'll only be there one day
Old 04-19-2004, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by turboale
Ok, we can't leave mike being the only one w/o a 4RocNC avatar...

ehh hmmm....
Old 04-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ssbogger
ehh hmmm....
Austin you looser, Sam's been here longer than both Will and Mike and you've never made him one, :wtf: what's wrong with you. Wish I had some computer skills with pictures so I could make at least my own, so I really can't talk.

Hook him up Austin, you have enough action shots of all of us at some point.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

well... since you brought it to my attention... I will make you one tomorrow. Sorry, you know I didn't mean too much by it. As for you scott... don't make me bust out the kung foo fighting! :
Old 04-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Contributing Member

Here you go sammy boy! I think it turned out pretty good. It was from when we went on that first trail up in boone when we all went up that hill.
Attached Images  
Old 04-20-2004, 08:34 AM

Sorry I didn't call you this past weekend, I was a little busy. I'm not working the rest of the week so I'll try and get up with you wednesday or thursday. Austin, I'm still trying to get you those pics. Hey stump, have you ever been out there behind carmike in Gboro? I went out there last friday, I'm awfully impressed with my truck. It honestly trucked through about 100ft of 2 - 2 1/2ft deep mud. But I did end up pressure washing my underbody with all the wheels off for about 2 hours from all the mud, it was crucial because of the rain all wednesday and thursday. I found an H2 liscence plate out there on one of the trails all beat up, I assume he didn't make it.If you've never been out there it would be awesome for us to go sometime. btw my cell # is 491-3636.

Austin, I was thinking about making a geocities website or something and posting all my pics on it and you can get them off there. Do you think it would work? I don't know much about computers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: gears and tires