Virginia Virginia Chapter

Virginia "Used" Truck Parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virginia "Used" Truck Parts

Does anyone know about this place, Virginia Truck Parts?

"Virginia Truck Parts has over 9 acres of american and foreign 4x4's, sport utilities, mini-vans, full size vans, compact pick ups, and full size pick ups."

I wonder if we could rummage through their lot looking for stuff?
Old 07-15-2003, 05:13 AM
Contributing Member

I'm up for that, King George is about an hour from Fairfax, could be a saturday day trip. Also, there's Crazy Ray's just up in MD, have been meaning to go back there since spring, they've got tons of stuff, even ambulances and cop cars, taxis, some unusual vehicle parts.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:29 AM
Contributing Member

ooohhhhh, I love rummaging through junkyards.

I found hard to find jets for my Beetle's Weber carb that way (ordering them, if you could find a supplier, would have cost nearly $40).

Chris
Old 07-15-2003, 06:40 AM
Contributing Member

How long of a drive is Crazy Ray's in MD?
Old 07-15-2003, 07:15 AM
Contributing Member

Maybe 45 min, I'm pretty sure it's here...
8125 Washington Blvd
Jessup, MD
They won't have as many trucks, but they are quite big, cheap and have unusual vehicles. There's a hearse too I think.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:58 AM
Contributing Member

Well, it looks like I will need at least some front diff gears, or maybe whole diff and transfer case, so I'm up for any parts road trips. Official diagnosis on my steering hop will be next wednesday. Maybe can find my extra rims too.

Last edited by dajabr; 07-16-2003 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:25 AM
Contributing Member

I would like to go too. I can't think of anything I need right now, but can help find stuff for other folks and take things off the used/wrecked vehicles.

This weekend is no go. I'm trying to rearrange some plans I had set for this Saturday to join the Edinburg run. Following weekends are fine.

We should make sure Sean knows about any junkyard trip, this place sounds like something he'd get a kick out of exploring.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

I gave Sean the brochure a while ago, he may have already gone, but I'm sure he would be amenable to another trip. I may be up for this next friday or Saturday 25th-26th, but not sure yet. Maybe we could get one of those "taxi" signs for the top of your truck? Saw one coming off a cab last fall, could be an interesting gag...

Last edited by dajabr; 07-16-2003 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Contributing Member

I might be able to go on Friday the 25th, but I'm out for the 26th. Let me know when you guys are going!

Matt
Old 07-17-2003, 06:10 AM
Contributing Member

I'd suggest going to recon VA Truck parts first, since none of us has been there yet. Checking on friday 25th...
Old 07-17-2003, 07:43 AM
Contributing Member

I think taking a "sick day" off from work on Friday the 25th shouldn't be a problem.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:07 AM
Contributing Member

How far away is this place?

I may be able to swing a day off that Friday as well.

Chris
Old 07-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Contributing Member

I checked with MapQuest and Virginia Used Truck is about an hour south of us, right near Fredericksburg. Looks like a run straight down I-95 until we hit Fredericksburg.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:21 AM
Contributing Member

I just spoke with someone from VA Used Trucks. He took a look on the computer and have a 1987, 1988, 1990, and 1994 4Runners on their lot. There could be others. I forgot to ask about Tacomas and Tundras. I asked if we could walk around the lot and remove parts. He said that's not a problem. They would like to know what parts we would be looking for.

If we are definately going next week, we should get a list together of parts we're looking for at the lot. I could call ahead and double-check that they would have no problems with us walking around the lot.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:48 AM
Contributing Member

What do we know about their prices? These guys look like they're on the level but I'm asking because if they don't have a fixed system, the prices go up if they know you need/want the parts. If they think you're just pulling random crap out of boredom they almost let you have whatever you want for very little.

I called ahead once at brandywine to reserve a window for my Tercel and said off the bat that I needed it quickly before it rained, they sold it to me for $50. Called later on a hunch and they said "all rolling door windows are $10-$15 at all Brandywine locations".
Another was for one tiny piece of interior plastic for that tercel, had already pulled it and the guy behind the counter said with a straight face, "$37.50". Expecting this I just repeated, "How much for this part"?, he said, "a buck." Almost didn't buy it, but didn't want to leave it and piss him off.
Also was looking for carpet for my runner, guy up in MD said "$75 each piece, front and back, you can't get those anywhere else." This was obviously total BS, and I walked out the door without another word since I wouldn't trust him even if he did give me a better price.

Finally, have also gotten some really, really great deals, (Crazy Ray's) lets see how what we can do at this VA TRuck place. Still checking for the 25th, am trying to get straight answers from my mother and girlfriend. Don't ask...

Last edited by dajabr; 07-17-2003 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Contributing Member

If they'll let us walk around, I'm up for going down there. There's nothing that I really need, but if I see something that's in good condition, I might just grab it.

Matt
Old 07-21-2003, 06:04 AM
Contributing Member

I'm still interested. What time would we be going? The easiest way to get to Fredneck'sBurg from NoVa would probably be the back roads (Rt 17) rather than I95. On a friday (starting about 2pm, maybe earlier), I95 is a parking lot from NoVa to the other side of Fredericksburg.

Chris
Old 07-21-2003, 09:52 AM
Contributing Member

I'm in for the roadtrip to Fredricksburg

Count me in, fellas!

sounds like a fun excursion...i LOVE monkeying around in junk yards.

I haven't made it up to Crazy Ray's just yet. I have a little free time this week, so maybe I'll see if I can take a morning run down there to check it out prior to friday, to make sure it's worth our time.

BTW, today I'm working on fabricating the bikini top mount bracket ( for back of roof line) to mount my Island Hopper (SteelHorse) top. It's the kind from the YJ's and is extra long with a support hoop that you mount off the angled support bars of the Rollbar. Going shopping for some 2" angle iron now. I'll keep ya posted how it goes.

Peace,

Sean
Old 07-22-2003, 06:11 AM
Contributing Member

It sounds like everyone is up for a road trip this Friday, July 25. When and where should we meet to drive down together?
Old 07-22-2003, 07:54 AM
Contributing Member

I can't make it, have fun!
Hey Sean, if you could keep an eye out for any cool 1st gen parts, can you gimme a call on my cell if you make a find I might be interested in (that you can't use yourself)? and I will gladly reimburse you. I'll would probably take any non-technical SR5 parts like the extra compartment from the center console, or the grey plastic shifter surround piece with fake leather boot. Don't need carpet, power windows/locks, stupid luxury items. If you notice some major opportunities like a newish exhaust system, header, aftermarket bumpers, fog lights, new springs etc. I would have to get down there asap next week.

Damn I wish I could make this. :cry: Take some pics...

Quick Reply: Virginia "Used" Truck Parts