Washington Washington Chapter

Seattle/Eastside area Wheelers

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 09:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Crapple21
It shifts fine just seems to slip when it's raining. It was fine then I went through a big puddle a few days ago and it started to slip. It's weird though it doesn't seem to smell like a clutch burning up. If I need a new clutch any of you guys down to help me change it? I have never done a clutch before
I'ver never done one but would definitely be down to help so that I know how to if/when I need to. I've done all the research and found a couple great videos on doing one because my prior rig was in need of a new one before I sold it for other reasons. A little viewing material for you:

Where are you out of?
Old 02-25-2014, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay thank yu and I'm in puyallup. I have all the tools and stuff needed. Don't have a transmission jack but I'm sure we could get creative with a regular jack lol but this morning the clutch isn't slipping as you probably know its dry this morning and te clutch seems to be acting normal again
Old 02-25-2014, 09:23 AM

Okay thank yu and I'm in puyallup. I have all the tools and stuff needed. Don't have a transmission jack but I'm sure we could get creative with a regular jack lol but this morning the clutch isn't slipping as you probably know its dry this morning and te clutch seems to be acting normal again
Sunbelt and other rental places have tranny jacks for rent. Found that out when researching mine as well. I have to ask though does the problem go away as the truck comes up to temperature? Are you sure that your tires aren't just spinning?
Old 02-25-2014, 09:26 AM

Okay that's good to know and I don't think the 22re can do a rolling burnout especially on the freeway haha it would be cool if it could though
Old 02-25-2014, 09:29 AM

Okay that's good to know and I don't think the 22re can do a rolling burnout especially on the freeway haha it would be cool if it could though
My last truck's tires were due to be replaced and they would spin on wet conditions on the regular. I think the fact that it happened after hitting a huge puddle says a lot though. I did some googling and came across this thread. People give some really good suggestions that you should try before you try and replace the clutch.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/i...-clutch-22775/
Old 02-25-2014, 09:37 AM

Thank you I appreciate it I am working on ot right now and ya my tires still have lots of life left on them
Old 02-25-2014, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by SqWADoosh
The Walker trip is on the 1st of March. Right now I'm setting it up for a 10 AM meet up at Mr T's Cafe in Mt. Vernon. I will update this list as people confirm whether or not they are coming:

SqWADoosh - YAY
Huntingchris- Maybe
Dinardy - Maybe
Crapple21 - Maybe
PastorBug - Maybe
B-Fake - YAY

I'll PM all the above people and let them know that is the plan and try and get people to verify. Anyone not on the list is welcome to join just post on here so that I know how big of a table to get at Mr Ts. Thanks guys.
I'm out... Alternator is shot which has caused the battery to fail... can't afford to replace them both at the moment. No wheeling trip for me. Sorry guys...
Old 02-26-2014, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pastor Bug
I'm out... Alternator is shot which has caused the battery to fail... can't afford to replace them both at the moment. No wheeling trip for me. Sorry guys...
Sorry to hear that. Might want to consider upgrading to a GM alternator since you have to replace yours anyways. It will help if you plan on adding lights and other power draining mods in the future. Lets reschedule this weekend since it seems everyone is having problems with their rigs. When do you think you will be back up and ready to go?
Old 02-26-2014, 06:35 AM

Hey guys can we start getting confirmed yay/nay on the trip to walker next Saturday? I was thinking we could meet at Mr T's Cafe for breakfast before we roll out to the trails.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mr-ts-family-cafe-mount-vernon

What time do you guys think? 10 AM?
Definite maybe got a sensor screwed up I need to find that keeps making the truck die and got things to move and stuff to get planning on for my wedding but I will no more on Friday I'm trying to get things arranged
Old 02-26-2014, 12:19 PM

Sorry to hear that. Might want to consider upgrading to a GM alternator since you have to replace yours anyways. It will help if you plan on adding lights and other power draining mods in the future. Lets reschedule this weekend since it seems everyone is having problems with their rigs. When do you think you will be back up and ready to go?
I should be ready to go 2 weekends from now, or next next weekend. I'm tearing into the truck this weekend, and coating the bumper/mounting the winch and lights mid next week. Also may get to the rear springs... But who knows. LOTSAWORK. I hate my 4runner.

I love my 4runner.

I hate my 4runner.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:12 PM

Okay I'm officially cancelling the trip this weekend. We will reassess where everyone's rigs are at next week and go from there. Its looking like the 15th will be best though. That gives everyone a good 2 and a half weeks to get their trucks fixed up. So if you want to come along start planning ahead.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:47 PM

Wow, the broken to running truck ratio makes this look like a Jeep forum, lol. J/K, it's all good, I should be in for the 15th. Might give me time to get the rig some new shoes...now I just have to find some money
Old 02-27-2014, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by B-Fake
Wow, the broken to running truck ratio makes this look like a Jeep forum, lol. J/K, it's all good, I should be in for the 15th. Might give me time to get the rig some new shoes...now I just have to find some money
If I find the spout I will let you in on it.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:59 PM

I'll be good for the 15th. Maybe my sliders and rear bumper will be done by then too.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:46 AM

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/4323434754.html

Pretty sweet looking rear bumper for sale right now that I came across this morning. Needs some powder coating but I know some of you guys are in the neighborhood for one so I thought I'd share it.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:01 PM

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/4323434754.html Pretty sweet looking rear bumper for sale right now that I came across this morning. Needs some powder coating but I know some of you guys are in the neighborhood for one so I thought I'd share it.
Look closer. How does it mount!? I checked it out already. The fitment is suck. The side mounts won't work with my rear.

Jeff is building something to accommodate my rear tire rack as well
Old 02-28-2014, 02:05 PM

I spoke words about a custom roof rack to him. I need to draw it up though. I'm expecting it to be pretty expensive. I wonder why NO ONE builds racks for our trucks. Like the Gobi
Old 02-28-2014, 03:31 PM

The reason no one builds roof racks for our rigs is because our hard tops are not rated for hardly any weight. Its a liability for people to build roof racks for them.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:36 PM

The reason no one builds roof racks for our rigs is because our hard tops are not rated for hardly any weight. Its a liability for people to build roof racks for them.
2nd gen
Old 02-28-2014, 04:15 PM

I have a stock 91 yota I just bought a few months back. You think my rig can handle the trail? I'm itching to get this thing off-road for some fun. But everyone's rigs seem pretty pimped out on here.

Here's a pic of my truck
Attached Thumbnails Seattle/Eastside area Wheelers-image-2296639208.jpg  

Quick Reply: Seattle/Eastside area Wheelers