Washington Washington Chapter

6" susp. lift for a 95 runner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" susp. lift for a 95 runner?

anyone heard of a 6" suspension lift for a 95 runner? Please let me know. Or if anyone knows of a really good deal on a 4" lift let me know. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2004, 12:47 PM

http://www.4wheelonline.com/index.html
Old 05-21-2004, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by BigBadBlue
If you get a Superlift 4.5" lift
3" body lift
rear 2" downey coil spacer
1" ball joint spacer & bring up the torsion bars that extra inch you will have 9.5 and be able to fit 37s or bigger
Old 05-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 95'4runner
anyone heard of a 6" suspension lift for a 95 runner? Please let me know. Or if anyone knows of a really good deal on a 4" lift let me know. Thanks!
Is that you, Lisa?

Your Runner looks nice! If you get a lift like that I'll be so jealous, heh, I'd be happy with any kind of lift. Sorry I can't help, just wanted to say hi.

Be sure to come register over at www.4roc.org - I've got the same name over there, too.

Last edited by Funrunner; 05-23-2004 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:40 AM

If you get a Superlift 4.5" lift
3" body lift
rear 2" downey coil spacer
1" ball joint spacer & bring up the torsion bars that extra inch you will have 9.5 and be able to fit 37s or bigger
Thanks for the info, but will it work on an automatic? I would really like to get 37's (my fiance would be mad that my truck would be just as big as his)
Old 05-24-2004, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Funrunner
Is that you, Lisa?

Your Runner looks nice! If you get a lift like that I'll be so jealous, heh, I'd be happy with any kind of lift. Sorry I can't help, just wanted to say hi.

Be sure to come register over at www.4roc.org - I've got the same name over there, too.
Hi Shannon. Yep it's me. I want to get a lift really bad. I finally took my dork boards off last weekend. How's things goin? Did you and your daughter get those stickers off her truck?
Old 05-24-2004, 11:54 AM

Hey! I wanted the same thing you are going for unfortunately we can't put 3 inch body lifts on our trucks because they are automatics. You would have to get someone to extend your shifters and some other stuff. You can get a 4" lift get Allpro spacers in the rear and the ball joint spacers in the front. Add to that a 1" body lift and you have 6 1/2 to 7 inches. So far all I have is the Pro Comp lift. Next I'll be making it a little taller with the spacers. I wish my fiance would make her truck taller. Oh wait, she doesn't have one! :pat:
Old 05-24-2004, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Designsbyme
Hey! I wanted the same thing you are going for unfortunately we can't put 3 inch body lifts on our trucks because they are automatics. You would have to get someone to extend your shifters and some other stuff. You can get a 4" lift get Allpro spacers in the rear and the ball joint spacers in the front. Add to that a 1" body lift and you have 6 1/2 to 7 inches. So far all I have is the Pro Comp lift. Next I'll be making it a little taller with the spacers. I wish my fiance would make her truck taller. Oh wait, she doesn't have one! :pat:
Thats what I was thinkin about putting on my truck (pro comp 4") what do you think of it? What size tires can you get up in there? I really want to at least get 35's but I have feeling that isn't gonna work.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:11 PM

The A holes at 4wheel parts sold me the stage 1 kit. It's fine and dandy if you just want to lift your truck but it isn't that great for wheelen and I like to wheel. If you get the Pro Comp lift and you wheel I would get the stage two kit. If you just want the lift the stage one kit will be fine. You should be able to fit 35"s under there after you get the rear coil spacers and the ball joint spacers. If you'll wait a month I can give you a definite answer on that. But this is my plan.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by 95'4runner
Thanks for the info, but will it work on an automatic? I would really like to get 37's (my fiance would be mad that my truck would be just as big as his)
Now your talkin! I have a 1991 4Runner with an automatic sitting on a Tuff Country 4" susp. lift, Roger Brown 3" body lift, and 35" Wild Country TXRs. If I were to put in the downey spacers and ball joint spacers with a torsion bar adjustment 37s would fit fine. 37s will fit now but I enjoy wheeling my 4runner and I would be rubbing non stop. So to be able to wheel your Runner on 37s you would need atleast the 8.5"s and also think about regearing. You will hate it having 37s on factory gears even if they are the 486s. I had 410s and god did that suck. I moved up to 5.29s with a rear Detroit locker. In all for the gearing it cost me $1300. that was the good deal I got from my buddy here in Wenatchee that did a great job. You have the ideal rig I was looking to build up. The later 2nd gen loaded with all the fatory goodies. It is loaded right? Ben
Old 05-24-2004, 02:51 PM

::: buzzer sound ::: wrong! Roger Brown is the king of body lifts. He has the 2nd gen total body lift kit. Everything you would need and then some. He is god!
Old 05-24-2004, 02:55 PM

::: buzzer sound ::: wrong! Roger Brown is the king of body lifts. He has the 2nd gen total body lift kit. Everything you would need and then some. He is god!
Dude I've looked all over for a 3" body lift! I'm all over that. Is there a web site? I want one! I'll buy next week!
Old 05-24-2004, 02:59 PM

And here is gods wonderful addy. http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/BodyLiftKit.shtml
Old 05-24-2004, 03:00 PM

Plan on the 3" block kit, with all brackets and shipping to cost $230, Its well worth it, he's really the man!
Old 05-24-2004, 03:01 PM

Plan on the 3" block kit, with all brackets and shipping to cost $230, Its well worth it, he's really the man!
I just e-mailed him. Thanks man!
Old 05-24-2004, 03:06 PM

I just e-mailed him. Thanks man!
Feel lucky! I dont usually encourage others to build their Runners up as big as mine. I usually tell them to build up to a six inch so I can be king of the hill.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:09 PM

I'm shooting for 9" Unless I can just sit on my hands for 4 months and get an SAS.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:13 PM

I'm shooting for 9" Unless I can just sit on my hands for 4 months and get an SAS.
Dude seven is iffy when wheeling. Its badarse to be sky high in town and such but when you get on a harsh angle trail tipping would not be fun. Ive come close a few times. I will be jealous and trust me I would match you if you hit 9. I wont just go do it though. I need the competition first.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:31 PM

Dude seven is iffy when wheeling. Its badarse to be sky high in town and such but when you get on a harsh angle trail tipping would not be fun. Ive come close a few times. I will be jealous and trust me I would match you if you hit 9. I wont just go do it though. I need the competition first.
LOL That would be awesome. We would have to get picks of our rigs together. We'll see man.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:50 PM

Now your talkin! I have a 1991 4Runner with an automatic sitting on a Tuff Country 4" susp. lift, Roger Brown 3" body lift, and 35" Wild Country TXRs. If I were to put in the downey spacers and ball joint spacers with a torsion bar adjustment 37s would fit fine. 37s will fit now but I enjoy wheeling my 4runner and I would be rubbing non stop. So to be able to wheel your Runner on 37s you would need atleast the 8.5"s and also think about regearing. You will hate it having 37s on factory gears even if they are the 486s. I had 410s and god did that suck. I moved up to 5.29s with a rear Detroit locker. In all for the gearing it cost me $1300. that was the good deal I got from my buddy here in Wenatchee that did a great job. You have the ideal rig I was looking to build up. The later 2nd gen loaded with all the fatory goodies. It is loaded right? Ben
If you mean loaded by it being a limited, then yes it is loaded. I just got it last year. do you have any suggestions for more power? I have the 3.slow.

Quick Reply: 6" susp. lift for a 95 runner?