Washington Washington Chapter

4Runner Stoke

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4Runner Stoke

Hey guys,

I'm a total newbie to posting here, but I've lurked for years. I recently purchased a 95 4Runner automatic 3.0 with 180,000 miles. The engine had a rebuilt head gasket just before I bought it and runs very smooth (I'm aware of all the 3.0 EFI problems that can happen). Torsion bars have been cranked up a bit, and there's a little lift from the rear that was achieved with spring spacers, and it has 32 in. tires. Plenty of ground clearance..

Asthetically, he truck is BEAUTIFUL! Everything is clean, and all the electronics work perfectly. Only minor body dings, and there isn't a single rattle to be found when driving over rough terrain. I've been obsessed with these rigs since I was a kid, and so finally getting back into a "vintage Yota 4x4" has me super stoked!

(Owned an 89 4x4 pickup long bed for many years)

There are a few things with this truck I need to figure out:

1) There is an oil leak from the front [right] of the engine. Plan is to go power wash it today, and attempt to pin point the source. Anybody have a any basic theories? I'm thinking front main seal. I hear they're not too bad to replace?

2) Truck pulls when brakes are applied at speed. I probably just need to do the brakes... Hopefully not bad rotors??

3) Headlights: When I go to flip on the brights, the headlights turn completely OFF. I can still flash the brights if they're in the normal position, but I can't drive with the brights on. Do you guys think this is a fuse problem, or could it be a problem with the switch itself?

Long term plan is to essentially restore the truck to brand new condition, and possibly swap the engine when this one hits 220. Overall, still a very classy looking rig. I do a ˟˟˟˟load of mountaineering, and often find myself way out at the end of a logging road in burly terrain or deep snow, and these 4runners just have the most incredible off-road capabilities. Yeah, I'm psyched!

Thanks for putting up with my newbie post!

Hope everybody is having a BITCHEN weekend!