California NorCal California NorCal Chapter

Call for action! Do we or don't we...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 10:29 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call for action! Do we or don't we...

Oh ye mighty Californians...

It is time for the rubber to meet the road... or the gravel... or dirt on this 4ROC thing. The consensus out there seems to be the states are on their own for a bit while we try and gain momentum and as a proof of concept.

Do we want "in" on this effort? We had enough people to warrant a chapter; now we just need enough people willing to work it to make it happen.

I can volunteer to do all of the web stuff, and similiar "secretary" type duties. I would rather not be chief dog, designated axe murderer, or senior apologist. I do however do well as chief bottle washer.

If I hear nothing back, I'll crawl back in my hole and forget it ever happened; if someone else wants the web piece, or to share it, that's cool too. Otherwise, I'll go ahead and set us up web-wise, and pray for wiser heads to provide some direction.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I like the 4Roc idea, and I'm sure a few more would as well.
I hang out and go wheeling with about 5 other guys from this board who live in San Diego. I happened upon this thread accidently, so don't be discouraged by lack of response! We're heading out for a trail run this Sun so I'll ask them what they think. I really like the look of the TRD inspired logo and can't wait to see one on my truck! I think a website would help draw in other members, and we could link to it in our sig lines for maximum exposure. Keep the ball rolling for 4Roc-CA!!
Old 06-19-2003, 03:34 PM

im still down to help out.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Contributing Member

I will be thrilled to help in any way I can.
Not much talent, but lots of enthusiasm!

I have only been an owner about a week and a half, but I am really interested in the whole 4ROC concept. Count me IN!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Contributing Member

Scottiac, how's the CA web page coming along?
Old 06-25-2003, 03:44 PM
Contributing Member

Okay, here are some club rules that I came up with for the Washington State 4ROC, open to change and alteration, will be voted upon at first meeting, use as you wish!

4-Runner Owner’s Club (4ROC)

4ROC Rules and Regulations
REVISION A
NAME
1.The name of this club will be “4-Runner Owner’s Club (4ROC).

PURPOSE
1. The purpose of this club is to provide a forum for owners of Toyota 4-runners to gather and discuss 4-runner maintenance, off-roading and other topics related to 4-runners. This organization shall be non-profit in character, bringing together and promoting the interest of 4-runner maintenance, family 4-wheeling as well as enjoying our country's natural resources.

INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP
1.Membership is open to owners of "operational" Toyota 4-runners.
2.Membership Rules:
a.Each membership includes the immediate family (husband, wife and children).
b.The Club decal will be placed on the back window of the vehicle.
c.Privileges of individual membership:
d.Invited to all regularly scheduled meetings.
e.Invited to participate in all 4ROC hosted and sanctioned events.

DUES
1.All Toyota owners must be members.
2.Individual members shall pay $20.00 dues.
3.Dues will be payable on the anniversary date of each member.
4.To remain a member in good standing, a club member must pay his/her dues within 30 days of the due date or voting rights will be suspended. Members not complying with this rule will be notified of their membership default by letter. Members who have not paid their dues within 60 days of the due date will have their membership terminated.
5.Immediate family members (spouse or other partner and dependent children) shall have all the rights of the member to participate in club activities, but shall not be eligible to vote.
6.Each member must have a valid driver's license and have liability insurance coverage.
7.All members must conduct themselves in a responsible, respectable and orderly fashion at ALL times. Any undesirable behavior may result in a vote for expulsion from the club.

OFFICERS
1.The President shall preside at all meetings, carry out the policies and decisions of the Delegates, shall appoint such committees as deemed necessary to carry out the objectives of 4ROC, remove persons from committees for nonperformance of duties upon approval of the BOD; shall assist other members as requested/required.
2.The Vice President shall assist the President. The VP shall be the coordinator of all committees, request reports from each committee on a regular basis. The VP shall fulfill the duties of the President in his/her absence. Shall also coordinate all events and represent all Chapters who are hosting an event for the BOD. The VP will be authorized to approve advertisements for qualified events in the Toyota Trails. Shall also be authorized to approve the applications for insurance for all events
3.The Secretary shall arrange for the keeping of the minutes of meetings of Delegates and shall retain the original copy of same. Shall maintain files of historical significance. Shall be responsible for the writing of all official correspondences. Shall assume the responsibility of ledger roll call and determine the number of Delegates present. All files and records maintained by the Secretary shall be turned over to the successor in office upon election. One vote.
4.The Treasurer shall have the charge and custody of, and be responsible for, all funds and securities of the Club, receive and deposit all moneys in the name of the Club in such depositories as may be approved by 4ROC. All files and records maintained by the Treasurer shall be turned over to the successor in office upon election. Shall sign checks. Shall have the records and/or ledgers open for inspection by authorized members and/or Officers.

MEETINGS
Membership meetings shall be held monthly, at a time and place determined by the membership.

AMENDMENTS TO BY-LAWS
These By-Laws may be amended by a three-fourths majority of the votes cast. The membership shall be notified at least two weeks prior to taking the vote. Amendments may be proposed by the Board of Directors or by petition signed by at least three members or by ten percent of the membership, whichever is the greater. Amendments proposed by the Board of Directors may be voted on at any meeting; amendments proposed by members’ petition shall be voted on at the annual By-Laws meeting in June.

ELECTIONS AND VOTING
1.Nominations for Officers shall be put forward at the April meeting each year. Elections shall be held at the regular May meeting. A simple majority of the votes cast shall be required to win an election. The Board of Directors may make appropriate rules to deal with situations where a candidate does not gain a majority on the first vote. Members must be present to vote on any matter.
2.Officers-elect will take possession of their offices at the conclusion of the meeting at which they are elected.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:36 AM
Contributing Member

California logo?

Comments, suggestions....?
Attached Thumbnails Call for action!  Do we or don't we...-ca4rocweb.jpg  
Old 06-27-2003, 08:37 AM
Contributing Member

I like it, the only glaring thing is this:

The Club decal will be placed on the back window of the vehicle.

That could be taken to mean we will require the sticker to be placed on your vehicle.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:49 AM
Contributing Member

Ahh- you mean leave it an option for people who don't want to sticker their vehicle? That part was from the TLCA. I have no problem leaving it an option, I'm leary about putting any stickers on mine, just have yotatech at the moment.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:50 AM
Contributing Member

What about the cali logo- do you want that changed at all? Its such a tall state I couldn't make it much bigger.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

Hehe, I had actually forgot to look at the attachment!

I think it looks great!
Old 06-27-2003, 08:56 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The logo is great David!

Thanks much!
Old 06-27-2003, 08:59 AM
Contributing Member

Are you guys still thinking about changing your avatars over?
Old 06-27-2003, 09:19 AM
Contributing Member

Done!
Old 06-27-2003, 09:28 AM
Contributing Member

Sweet! I'm going to try to get the other WA folks to do the same, should generate more interest if we get a trend started...
Old 06-27-2003, 09:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys,

I obviously haven't been following the 4ROC developments, but has someone created the national "governing" body? Or all the states just doing their own thing?

Bob
Old 06-27-2003, 09:36 AM
Contributing Member

Bob,

A few of us were chatting last night- I'll post the transcripts when I get a chance, but we decided to set up interim officers for the next three months until things got going, and at the end of three months, there would be an official vote/ratification of the international 4ROC charter. A couple people are looking into possible legal issues we'll have to deal with in regards to taxes, paper work declaring us a non-profit org., etc. In the meantime, states are trying to get their own clubs off the ground, some using the general charter rules I posted on the web, with any changes they deem necessary. I think thats where things stand at the moment.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
David,

Awesome! I recall you as one of the butt kickers---trying to get this off the ground. My hats off to you.

Bob

(hey 96 Runner, I said "butt" instead of "ass")
Old 06-27-2003, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member

Old 06-27-2003, 03:12 PM
Contributing Member

As an FYI, I'm going to push for no dues, people will purchase their 4ROC stickers via www.cafepress.com. Won't matter if your state doesn't have a state chapter, can still be a member, and we'll have some international registry of members. You'll register your basic info online, receive e-newsletters and such. Also, by no dues, no worries about tax status for the club and such.

Quick Reply: Call for action! Do we or don't we...