Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Wabfab...without a doubt the worst online retailer I have encountered.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wabfab...without a doubt the worst online retailer I have encountered.

I decided to purchase a set of Aisin hubs for my T100 and followed a "buy them here" link in an Aisin Hub thread. Unfortunately that link took me to Wabfab and I did not do my research since it was a recommendation in a Yotatech thread (I have been looking for this thread again so I can post a warning for others). I placed my order for the hubs, listed then (and now) as "in stock" on his website on June 24th. My dad's credit card was charged the same day (these were a birthday gift for me), but I still have not received my hubs. I was told a few weeks ago that they would be "ready this week." No communication since (not surprising since I've had probably one response for every communications I send...and those responses usually suggest he did not even read what I wrote) and no hubs. I should mention that he did take the time to delete those interactions that took place through his website so I no longer have a record of them.

Feeling pretty ripped off now that it's been almost a month and a half since my dad paid for these and I still don't have them. Also feeling pretty stupid to have involved my dad with someone who appears to have taken his money with no intention of ever actually shipping the hubs.

*Edit* And, yes, I have been extremely courteous in my dealings with him thus far, but I am getting really fed up.

Last edited by Athansinis; 08-01-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
Yup. Sounds like the usual dealings with that douche.

That's why there's numerous threads and his BBB rating is an F-......
Old 08-02-2014, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very few have had a good experience with them. I ordered a diff rebuild kit and a t shirt from them last year. The diff rebuild kit shipped SUPER quick. The t shirt, not so much. That turned into a battle that lasted three months or so until i finally got my $18 back. Next time, I'll just buy from All Pro, Low Range, or just straight from trail gear.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Get a hold of PayPal if that is how you paid.
I personally spend several thousands with him but also got screwed by him.

He was banned here and banned on several forums due to crappy customer service among other things.

We.have been trying to fix threads mentioning wabfab but we are still find them
Please pm the link you found to me and I will get it edited asap
Old 08-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Contributing Member

I usually check ratings, just didn't think to this time and the recommendation was from another member (likely from when he was actually decent, which it sounds like he was at some point awhile back), so I didn't see he'd been banned and I hadn't read the negative reviews until a week had passed since billing and still no shipping info. After that I found the BBB ratings and threads. Wish I had just ordered Warns at a fraction of the price.

$33 of my $261 order (after a discount code) shipped through Trail Gear.... that still took about two weeks to get to me (but I imagine that was on due to Wabfab). No complaints with Trail Gear but I don't think I would buy from them again just because of their association with someone as publicly shady as the Wabfab guy.

My dad paid with a credit card so I'm not sure if it's been too long to do something about it. Hopefully something can be done. If I find that post I will definitely let someone know...I've looked for it a few times so maybe someone found it since then. I will be keeping my eye out.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Contributing Member

Found the thread....

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f132...ersion-206653/
Old 08-13-2014, 11:13 PM

I ordered a bikini top may 18th, 12 weeks ago, still don't have it and summer is almost gone, feeling really upset about this, 4-6 weeks it stated and he hasn't answered my last emails, I wish I did my research before ordering. I've been nothing but extremely cool and patient. Just venting
Old 08-14-2014, 06:00 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
If Brian @ WabFab is such a toxic individual to the 4 wheel community, why isn't it a sticky to avoid business with him? He sells nothing "WabFab" oriented except for his hi lift attachment and base. Which means, you can pretty much get anything and everything he sells from other sources. Including a Bikini top, which can be ordered through Killer Toy Tops

Just my .02.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:24 AM

I bought a 54mm spindle socket from WabFab. Thought I would get it faster since his shop is in AL, till the tracking info was sent to me coming from CA. Showed up in a trail-gear box, next time I'll just buy straight from the manufactures.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by JasonYota
I bought a 54mm spindle socket from WabFab. Thought I would get it faster since his shop is in AL, till the tracking info was sent to me coming from CA. Showed up in a trail-gear box, next time I'll just buy straight from the manufactures.
He drop ships everything. almost all trailgear suppliers do. I ordered All pro leaf springs from poly performance ( because they were cheapest ) and they dropped shipped from all pro. not even all pro would match their price on their own product. lol
Old 08-14-2014, 01:42 PM

I did order from KTT, and had a much better actually the opposite experience! Kirk was awesome and would do business again in a heart beat.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I ordered my SAS kit thru him with no issues in August of last year. I was a little nervous but I took the chance since it was $999 shipped. Then in September of last year, I won his hi-lift slider adapter, base, TG tow strap, and TG hi-lift mount on Facebook. Took a while to get the TG stuff, and I still havent got HIS slider adapter and base lol.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:38 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Originally Posted by Jory121
I ordered a bikini top may 18th, 12 weeks ago, still don't have it and summer is almost gone, feeling really upset about this, 4-6 weeks it stated and he hasn't answered my last emails, I wish I did my research before ordering. I've been nothing but extremely cool and patient. Just venting
you should post on his FB page, apparently he is giving away your top
https://www.facebook.com/WabFab
Old 08-15-2014, 07:05 AM
Contributing Member

Received 463 Likes on 309 Posts
Originally Posted by dropzone
you should post on his FB page, apparently he is giving away your top
https://www.facebook.com/WabFab
Ha, saw that too but didn't want to be a disturber, disturber.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:12 AM

I did order Hubs through Wabfab 2 years ago, it did take a while to get to me a month or so after the date they were promised... I think this was around the time the problems started with his customer service... although when i finally did get them they were done very well.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone see the link Wabfab posted on his Facebook page today, basically saying BBB is a bunch of hokum? I guess someones mad that their business has an F rating lol
Old 08-18-2014, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by 93Xtra-Cab
Anyone see the link Wabfab posted on his Facebook page today, basically saying BBB is a bunch of hokum? I guess someones mad that their business has an F rating lol
People who complain about the BBB are usually the ones with the bad rating.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Name:  wabfab_zps07469f4f.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  30.3 KB

Last edited by HighLux; 08-18-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:38 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Originally Posted by 93Xtra-Cab
Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
People who complain about the BBB are usually the ones with the bad rating.
"WabFab Off-Road LLC shared a link.
August 18
Most consumers have no clue that the BBB is a huge joke and scam. They let you vent, complain, tell the truth or lies, it doesn't matter as their sole purpose is to extort membership "dues" from the business for the privilege of replying to consumer complaints. They have no power to do anything for the consumer whatsoever. If you think otherwise you're an uneducated fool.

Follow the link, read for yourself and watch the 20/20 investigative report.

WabFab has an F rating with my local BBB and I am proud of it, as that stands for the word they can use with "Go" and "themselves".

Out of thousands of customers over 10 years, the number of complaints comes out to be less than 1%. If I have an F with the local BBB and a complaint ratio of less than 1% over 10 years, I think I'll take that grade."

when it takes you almost a year to get a t shirt out and 5-6 months for my slider adapter...you wabfab can pound your F into the sand.

Last edited by rworegon; 08-21-2014 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Added line to delineate quote from comment
Old 09-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Love how he preached being a devout Christian ...

Quick Reply: Wabfab...without a doubt the worst online retailer I have encountered.