Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Urd

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Performance Upgrades You Can Trust

If there are still some of you who have not been introduced to URD yet, (you would likely be new to the planet) let me put in a quick testimony to their expertise. You want to make your 3.4 run at its peak without sacrificing longevity? Do you want to find some answers to questions that TRD seems vague about? Underdog Racing Development is THE authority. Between Gadget and Brian - anything and everything you need to know about or add on to your machine is understood, developed, engineered, and made available. Check 'em out! They stand behind what they do like no one else.

http://www.urdusa.com

Mark Joy
Lusby, MD

sc 1998 T-100 4x4
URD complete fuel system upgrade with Split Second controller
URD A/F ratio meter w/wideband sensor
wife under control
Old 06-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up Urd

Ordered the Walbro 190 and 2-step colder plugs from them. Brian was very helpful and answered all the questions I had. I received the parts very quickly and they work great.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Contributing Member

Very professional and A+ rating from me.

Ordered an Oxygen Sensor from them and Gadget was quick to answer questions and get the sensor shipped.

Can't go wrong dealing with people that are willing to help.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Contributing Member

Had a question about the O2 simulator and Gadget responded within 15 minutes...amazing!

Fink
Old 11-14-2006, 06:08 PM

Picked up an O2 sensor. Great service and turnover time via email was amazing. Brian confirmed the right part number. Shipped fast, and I even got a nice sticker which went on the truck right after the O2 sensor. Rating: 4 tires out of 4
Old 07-19-2008, 08:48 AM

URDusa: Poor Customer Service...Pretty pissed.

Alright, let me explain everything from the very beginning.

1) 07/05/2008: Place order on URDusa.com for Doug Thorley Headers, URD Short Shifter, and Tacoma S/C'd Fuel Upgrade kit.

2) 07/07/2008: Received notice that headers and short shifter shipped. Fuel upgrades would be shipped 07/08/2008.

3) 07/10/2008: Received Headers and Short Shifter.

4) 07/13/2008: Wrote 2 email messages to 2 different departments at URD. Called and left messages on 2 different departments' voicemails. Did not receive an email or call back.

5) 07/15/2008: Finally got an email sent to me indicating that they would look into the situation and get back with me with a tracking number. And if I didn't receive a call or email call another number.

6) 07/15/2008: Called number provided and all it did was ring for 3 minutes. Tried again 2 hours later...still no response. Tried once more 3 hours later. Nothing. Tried calling office. No answers on all ends.

7) 07/16/2008: Was emailed another number to call "24x7". Called the number...Was told that the FTC (Fuel Timing Calibrator) was being sent in and would arrive at their facility the next day(hopefully) and it would be sent out with overnight shipping. Apologized for the " up". Said they would contact me the next day and let me know regardless of whether it was sent out or not. Received a notice later that evening under Order Status that my order has been "Shipped"??? I thought we were waiting for a part??? Tried to call all numbers...no answer.

8) 07/18/2008: Emailed why no one contacted me. Called office. Talked to Gadget. Said he would look into it. Called the "other" number. Left message.

9) 07/19/2008: Still no box. Still no email. Still no phone call.

I payed $1228.98 for just the fuel upgrade kit. I payed $2053.88 in total for all my parts. Don't you think someone who has payed this much and remained patient...deserves better service? I understand they are very knowledgable...etc. I don't get how I get my headers/short shifter in 3 days...and wait 11 days and counting(from supposed ship date on "order status")for my fuel upgrade kit. Even worse...no one can give me answers. No one answers the phone. No one gives me a call to let me know of changes. Replies take 2-3 days if someone happens to want to contact me. IM PISSED!

I began ripping into the dissassembly on 07/10/2008 expecting the package to arrive 07/11/2008. Throttle body off...hoses off....supercharger off....injector harnesses cut and tin'd....injectors off....etc. The trucks been sitting with brand new headers and a short shifter for 14 days now. This is my daily driver.

So...beside the frustration and hopelessness....I decided to check out the policies on the URDusa.com website regarding backorders and shipping. Here is what it states:

BACKORDERS:
I understand parts ordered online may or may not be in stock; should an item(s) not be in current inventory, you will receive an e-mail regarding this matter. Should you decide to place the item on backorder it is understood that the part will be charged up front and the part(s) will ship as soon as they arrive in stock, unless other arraignments have been made. You will have the option for an immediate refund if an item is not in stock.

SHIPPING:
We do our best to ship your products as fast as possible, but we do not guarantee day of shipment. It is not our policy to make a profit on shipping charges. The majority of our shipping is done through the US Post Office and Fed Ex. See shipping delivery time on the www.usps.gov website and the www.fedex.com website.

So...I found out 11 days after placing my order that the the FTC in the kit was essentially on "Backorder". I was not offered to cancel at any time and received no notice of the fact that my order was postponed and that the Order Status on my account was incorrect.
In regards to the shipping policy...I don't even know how the fuel upgrade was sent. I assume fedex...but received no tracking numbers. I can't guess how big the box is...or how heavy it is...or even where it's being shipped from. I can guess...but you can't estimate delivery time for a past date on fedex.com. What the hell?

Does anyone know of another company that sells a kit comparable to URD's? I'd like to recreate the parts listed in the kit as they have loads of threads and write-ups regarding the kits and how good they are. Has anyone else experienced this with URD? I don't think I will purchase products from URDusa.com again. If I do happen to decide to buy something from them, I'll make sure to call instead of placing an online order. I suggest all you future URD customers do the same.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM

Thanks. yea, I got a call this morning. FTC's on backorder. Will arrive 2moro night. I will order the kit as soon I know it's in. They are very good when it comes to tech support. It was a mishap in communication and the updates on the order status of my account. Both Brian and Gadget have done a great job so far dealing with it. I hope no one else experiences this, and I'm sure it does not happen often.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:24 AM

Urd

Hi! I am new to this forum and wanted to know if anyone has contacted URD for parts info.? I have tried to get some info on their 7th injector fuel upgrade and haven't received anything back. I've tried twice emailing them and wonder if I should try again or just go to different vendor.

Thanks for any info, wesson54
Old 02-22-2009, 02:35 PM

That's odd, they've always gotten back to me within 24 hrs. If you have any tuning questions, etc., check out customtacos.com.

There's no real alternative to the URD 7th kit. The TRD one isn't tuneable, runs pig-rich and doesn't do anything for timing issues.

I'd recommend getting ahold of Gadget at support@urdusa.com, if that's not the address you've already tried. A phone call can go a long way, too.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:04 AM

Problems With Underdog Racing Development

On April the 20th I ordered a set of Doug Thorley Headers ($315.99) with the optional Silver Ceramic Coating ($69.99) for my 2008 2.7L Tacoma from Underdog Racing Development (www.urdusa.com) with shipping it came to $409.67.

The first disappointment came after I placed the order I learned that they were not in stock and would be trans shipped. OK, I told myself, they won't be here this week but they'll get here.

Today is Thursday May the 28th and I have still not received the headers. I've sent them two e-mails. They answered the first one (sent on May the 16th), saying that they would look in to it but never got back to me so I sent them (Brian) a second e-mail asking when I would see the headers. Haven't heard from them.

I filed a dispute with PayPal a couple of days ago requesting my money back but URD hasn't responded yet.

Anyone else having problems? I hear they are busy moving from the west to the east coast and the move is causing problems. Still... at this all I want is my $$ back.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Have you tried CALLING them?

I am sure they have not forgotten about your order, but a simple phone call will net you the answers you are looking for.

Don't always assume they are ignoring your Emails. We have been having email problems here at work, and our website is not auto-generating the emails customers are trying to send us. Its a problem you don't discover until someone calls and says "hey, is your email broken?"

Last edited by DeathCougar; 05-28-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
X2 give them a call its the easiest way to talk to them. Although an email may seem the easiest youll get a faster responce from calls
Old 05-29-2009, 02:28 PM

It is 5/29/2009 6:02 PM. I just received an electronic refund from Underdog Racing Development via PayPal.

"Note from Merchant:
The item ordered is still on back order. I am sorry for the delay and we are happy to cancel the order and give you a full refund. Thank you!! Gadget"

And that ends that 39 day saga. URD needs to work on improving their customer communications because Tacoma owners need shops like URD and have reasonable expectations that the businesses they spend their discretionary $$ with will meet certain minimum standards. Oh well... here's to the best of luck in the future for them.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
And still no phone call.....