Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Stubbs Welding

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 07:19 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Richard @ Stubbs Welding

well its been awhile since i got my sliders, but i wanted people to know the type of person Richard is, and the quailty of his work...
about him, i talked to him about 5 times on the phone, before ordering, he took the the time to answer every question i had, gave me his thoughts, and opinions, very nice guy, he is a very customer friendly person...
about his work, all i can say, its awesome, i get so many compliments about the sliders..
i know people in general, will post/complain when something goes wrong, well i think more people should speak up when it goes the way it should. i just wish more business ran the way Richard runs his, i would and DO recommend Stubbs Welding to everyone...
Old 08-09-2004, 07:25 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ I second that. I love my sliders and he went out of his way to answer all my email questions before I purchased. I got my sliders in 2 days after I sent the money. Great guy and Great Product!
Old 08-10-2004, 03:04 PM

Ric,Andy- You have no idea how much seeing this means to me. As I have said before it is the people whom are our customers who make it all worth while. Thanks for the support!

Richard Stubbs

Last edited by weldpro; 02-05-2005 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:19 PM

Rack up Another positive experience from Stubbs Welding right here.

Had Steve Schaefer (SSchaefer3) lined up to weld them on for me, and Richard and Steve conversed before hand on my setup, and my sliders are rock solid and look good too.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by COYOTA $x$
Rack up Another positive experience from Stubbs Welding right here.

Had Steve Schaefer (SSchaefer3) lined up to weld them on for me, and Richard and Steve conversed before hand on my setup, and my sliders are rock solid and look good too.
Robb- Thank You! Steve told me all about your install sounds like it went flawless!!! That heat would KILL me lololol.
Well I should be logging off about right now , and getting to my newest customers sliders'. Thanks again you guys ALL OF YOU. It is with out any doubt in my mind that we only are able to accomplish what we have because of your support. This comes in many forms , things like this thread , and recommendations to others in person or on the web. I am only successful with the sliders as a direct result from you guys , and I will always make sure that whenever needed you will get the support you deserve.
to all of you-thank you thank you.
Richard
Old 08-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Contributing Member

So guys, I am thinking about ordering some sliders from Richard. I am not worried about great experience because I know He will provide it. Just a simple question for those that have them. I am debating on just getting the square tubed ones, since its 100 bucks more for the standard model, rounded. The only thing I am worried about is that I have 31's right now and if I ever decide to move up to 32's or 33's, would these fit after the tire upgrade? Maybe I can get them made a little shorter for that, or are they already? What are the dimensions? Thanks guys for your input. I figure I was gonna buy the all pro bumper but for 300 bucks I can buy sliders and a hi lift(kinda like Richard used in his example) for less than a bumper, I can just put my stock one back on. Thanks for your help. ~kyle
Old 08-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Contributing Member

Kyle-

I don't think you are going to have ANY issues with any of his designs. Personally, I would go square if they are cheaper. But, mine were free thanks to Richards' generousity with the raffle

Either design looks really good IMO. Again, I have never heard of anyone having tire clearance issues...let's see if he chimes in.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:09 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks for your quick response Christian. These are lookin' real good. Might order them in the next few days. I'll call Richard tomorrow and ask him some questions.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Contributing Member

Just ordered mine from Richard and he was great can't wait to get them!
Old 08-25-2004, 06:08 PM
Contributing Member

Heck yeah, Richard is a great guy and his sliders are a work of art. Thanks Richard!
Old 02-05-2005, 12:54 AM

Jonathan, Red85, Christian- thanks!!!

Offdoorfever- I know this is late but:

Your tires & larger tires will fit with any of the slider models we sell. The vehicles actual body will be the limiting factor with the largest of tires. In my opinion the slider to buy is the standard. The basic is really not anywhere close to be as good of a product for real offroading due the the single tube design. It is a genuine slider, and does work but it does not provide near the same type of protection as the standard.

Whatever you decide definately get a high lift jack! But learn how to use it correctly. Those jacks are the greatest get unstuck tools however they can be lethal-so be safe!
Richard
Old 02-09-2005, 10:14 PM

Wondering about Stubbs sliders for a 4th Generation 4Runner?

They are weld on, how do they handle the XREAS lines in the Frame?

Thanks

Also PM price for standard set Pls.

KO
Old 02-17-2005, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

Here is another bump for Richard. I got my Deluxe sliders in yesterday and could not be happier. I stayed up until midnight putting them. The sliders were completely uniform and the welds were perfect. I don't think you could build a better slider.

A note about Richard, he went out of his way to email me several times to answer questions I had about the sliders and even walked me through setting up my welder for the best penetration. He even offered to evaluate my welds by photo and offer help if needed.

Finally, he offered a price to us YT folk that made his sliders irresistable. If you are thinking of sliders, just do it and don't think twice.

All in all, I couldn't be happier, they look fantastic on the truck. After my horrible experience with Nitrous Enterprises, it makes me so happy to deal with a great vendor.

Richard, don't change a thing!!!

Thanks,
Old 04-07-2005, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mickdady
A note about Richard, he went out of his way to email me several times to answer questions I had about the sliders and even walked me through setting up my welder for the best penetration. He even offered to evaluate my welds by photo and offer help if needed.
Mike,
I always encourage folks to give themselves achance to do the installation *if* they have some welding experience! It is always fun for me to help people learn aslong as they are willing. I am very happy that you did the welding yourself, and I might add that you did a excellent job!!!
Richard
Old 04-20-2005, 06:27 AM

Stubbs Welding has another happy Customer

Richard is awesome to work with, his sliders showed up today and man are they built well. Although you know that if you have them on your rig

Excellent communication, Excellent transaction and very timely. Highly Recommend.

Okay, can you tell I Ebay Gonna post up some pics with them mounted and painted. I'm stoked.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:11 PM

I want to give props to Stubbs welding for making a great product and

having superior customer service. Richard Stubbs will stick with you all the way through the process of buying and installing your sliders, giving freely of his time to answer emails. Thanks Richard.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:31 AM

bumping this thread to:
also commend richard stubbs of stubbs welding on making some excellent sliders
thank richard for having some of the best customer service in the industry hands down.
to share how i had a rush/time constraint and came through and i had sliders just in time for a trip.
thanks again richard,
aaron.