Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Marlin Crawler

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:52 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the replies to this thread. These replies help us feel rewarded for our hard effort to satisfy the customer, and they also show us what areas of our customer service needs attention.

We are aware of the stocking issues that have plagued us and I am happy to say that we are nearly finished with a brand new system that will track down all the problems and get everything back on track. Once the system gets dialed in, it will take just a few months to get the forecasting optimized, and then everything should be faaaaar better in this regard. I have personally been devoting my full attention to this system and am very eager to see it up and running very soon.

Regarding our phone service, we just installed a state of the art phone system with at least 2 phone lines per sales employee, separate order, service, and tech departments, and also a robust voice mail system for each department. We are able to take calls instantly rather than waiting and waiting on hold. Especially for orders and customer service, now that our sales personnel no longer have to assist questions regarding how to adjust a truck antenna for best radio performance, or how to change crank speeds of window regulators, they can get straight to phone orders and order inquires in an astonishingly short amount of time. The average hold time is much lower than before, and we actively monitor each mail box throughout the day. Our phone service has really stepped it up!

We know there are other issues and we are working very hard right now to resolve them. I feel that we have the best group of guys that we have ever had working for us right now. Everyone here loves helping customers and comes to work every morning with a smile and eager to get at it. We've got new products in the works and are always looking for ways to improve everything we do. I'll start checking in on this thread to see how things are going from the communities perspective. We are shipping out a ton of orders everyday and we look forward to putting a smile both on you and your truck in the near future!

Regards,
BigMike
Marlin Crawler, Inc. (559) 25-CRAWL
Old 05-05-2011, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had mostly good experiences with Marlin. They forgot the seals and gaskets with my wheel bearing kit, but when I finally got a hold of someone from customer service (took multiple calls a day for several days with no reply to my message) they sent the missing items promptly. I got bought a brass spindle bushing that was machined wrong from toyota (hardly Marlin's fault), but when I finally got ahold of someone (took many days again) they told me I need to mail the bad part back first and if it is damaged at all they won't replace it. I don't have a press and I am not going to beat it out with anything because then I am sure they won't replace it. For twice the price of TGs bushing I was expecting them to fit perfectly (read too many stories of problems with aftermarket bushings not fitting and needing to be honed). Lucky I had an extra set of spindles to get me by until I can find a press. I do like all their products I have used and I am happy with their customer service when I can get ahold of someone, but it does take awhile to reach them in my experience.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BigMike
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the replies to this thread. These replies help us feel rewarded for our hard effort to satisfy the customer, and they also show us what areas of our customer service needs attention.

We are aware of the stocking issues that have plagued us and I am happy to say that we are nearly finished with a brand new system that will track down all the problems and get everything back on track. Once the system gets dialed in, it will take just a few months to get the forecasting optimized, and then everything should be faaaaar better in this regard. I have personally been devoting my full attention to this system and am very eager to see it up and running very soon.

Regarding our phone service, we just installed a state of the art phone system with at least 2 phone lines per sales employee, separate order, service, and tech departments, and also a robust voice mail system for each department. We are able to take calls instantly rather than waiting and waiting on hold. Especially for orders and customer service, now that our sales personnel no longer have to assist questions regarding how to adjust a truck antenna for best radio performance, or how to change crank speeds of window regulators, they can get straight to phone orders and order inquires in an astonishingly short amount of time. The average hold time is much lower than before, and we actively monitor each mail box throughout the day. Our phone service has really stepped it up!

We know there are other issues and we are working very hard right now to resolve them. I feel that we have the best group of guys that we have ever had working for us right now. Everyone here loves helping customers and comes to work every morning with a smile and eager to get at it. We've got new products in the works and are always looking for ways to improve everything we do. I'll start checking in on this thread to see how things are going from the communities perspective. We are shipping out a ton of orders everyday and we look forward to putting a smile both on you and your truck in the near future!

Regards,
BigMike
Marlin Crawler, Inc. (559) 25-CRAWL
Big Mike,

I think this is the information most of us from the site need to hear. Undoubtably, being a "local" shop that has some of the best toyota products out there, we can assume that your guys are busy. Taking the time to help a customer with their orders is what we need. Like you stated, dealing with calls about antena's and window cranks isn't what we need you to do ha! However, missing parts from shipments or shipping stuff like that clutch posted above can cause alarm for some and affect business, something I'm sure you don't need to be told. I think with your teams advancement on phone/web orders, and with a little more attention to detail when shipping, you guys will be able to provide what everyone is looking for,and in the long run will continue to have happy customers.

I just want to emphisize that I have been extremely happy with all of the products I have ordered from your team, Just a little dissappointed in some of the process getting those items. I look forward to continued business with your team!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was very satisfied with my service from marlin crawler ! they emailed me back when i had a question . good shipping times , great customer service ! i recommend marlin crawler (if my clutch fits when i put it in.)
Old 05-11-2011, 08:03 AM

8sm,

That doesn't sound right at all, we want to make everything right with the customer! For starters, sorry it got shipped to the wrong address, without looking into it, it sounds like it was out fault Then if we over charged on shipping, then naturally we owe you a refund!! Would you please PM me your sales order number (or at least your first & last name) and I'll see what can be done!

Thanks! and again sorry for the trouble Let's get this straightened out!

BigMike
Old 05-11-2011, 07:21 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I have had excellent service from Marlin.
I have ordered many things from them in the past on only once was there an issue with a wrong shipment. They made it right superfast and even sent me a few extra stickers.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Contributing Member

I just received my order from Marlin today, all I got was some simple cheap backing plate eliminator kit and I got it really quick and all was packaged very nicely with a big and small sticker. I will order from them again as I am impressed with how I was treated for such a cheap order.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:28 PM

I have had quite a few problems with Marlin over the course of my last 4 orders. My favorite one was my steering stabilizer kit, it took them a month to get me it and it was in stock. The brief version of it is they ended up loosing my order twice, I got it on the third try, and I ended up wasting a lot of my time calling and trying to get a straight answer. Needless to say I won't be ordering from Marlin unless I have a month to waste.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by sokoji
I have had quite a few problems with Marlin over the course of my last 4 orders. My favorite one was my steering stabilizer kit, it took them a month to get me it and it was in stock. The brief version of it is they ended up loosing my order twice, I got it on the third try, and I ended up wasting a lot of my time calling and trying to get a straight answer. Needless to say I won't be ordering from Marlin unless I have a month to waste.
sokoji,

We are sorry for the trouble you've had over the past years... We have been working very hard at improving our phone system and our shipping times. As a result, we are enjoying the benefits of increased sales and shipping volume with far less trouble and complaints from our customers.

We do still have stocking issues that we are working hard to fix with a brand new system as well, but if the parts are in stock then we are shipping orders either same day or next day.

I understand how our past poor performance has left a sour feeling, but if you ever need some help with your truck then please consider giving us another try! I know you'll be impressed

Regards,
BigMike
Old 06-23-2011, 07:07 PM

Problems with Marlin Crawler?

Hey gang,

I'm wondering if other people have been experiencing sub-par service with Marlin Crawler lately.

My truck has been in the shop for nearly a month, mostly thanks to Marlin!

I ordered an R150F for my 2000 V6 Taco on June 2nd. They charged me on Friday June 3rd. I received a transmission from them on Tuesday June 7th. On June 8th, my local shop called and said it was the wrong transmission.

Turns out they shipped me one for a 95 taco. After several calls, and finally having them talk directly to the shop, they admitted that they sent the wrong one.

Now we're going on June 24th and I still don't have the correct transmission! It's 112 degrees in Phoenix and I'm stuck riding my motorcycle because Marlin is taking their sweet time.

Last Wednesday (June 15th) they said it was being shipped out that day. Heh. I only had to wait for an entire week before they claimed that it was shipped! Now it's the 23rd, and it's not here!

Yesterday they said that FedEx has had it for a week. I'm in Phoenix. They're in Fresno. That's 600 miles. Did they send it on a donkey?

I bought from them because everybody recommends their quality. Next time I'll buy from somebody who can actually supply the parts in the expected time frame!

Anybody else having issues with these guys not delivering?
Old 06-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Contributing Member

I don't have any sort of huge loyalty to Marlin, most of my parts come from Trail gear, but your particular story is something that could come from any company. I happen to get the wrong parts or deal with late shipments on a daily basis, it does suck but we are all human and make mistakes.
Being that multiple companies are dealing with your trans, it could be on the FedEx end that is holding up the delivery, who knows. I understand your frustration but it is something that can happen with any supplier out there and it does.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:34 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
This is the problem when we do business by phone or on the internet. Ship me this, ship me that, and ship me one of those too. And we expect things to run like clockwork?

Like he says, not only are THEY not delivering on time, NOBODY is half the time!
Old 06-23-2011, 08:16 PM

Is it really that hard? I need one of these, here's my address, here's your money...throw it on the truck and it's done. Seems pretty easy to me. I've been buying and selling stuff online (not professionally) for years. The vendors that keep my business are ones that update their stock, complete orders timely and admit when they make mistakes. I've never bought anything from Marlin, but I drive by their shop all the time and know their quality is top notch. It seems like their service varies person to person...maybe they're understaffed, but that's their problem and they should address it.

In any case, serves you right for doing business with someone in Fresno
Old 06-23-2011, 08:38 PM

Well, I don't expect things to run like clockwork, but I would expect to have my parts pretty close to the time that they say I will have them. They're blaming it on FedEx. My first transmission (the wrong one) made it in 2 business days. Seems like Marlin cheaped out on the shipping for the second one. It's been over 5 business days for this transmission alone! (plus the 5 business days it took them to build it).

I'm sure I'll be happy with their quality when I finally get my truck back, but right now it's really pissing me off.

What's more is that I'm getting calls from my local shop because my truck is taking up their space, and I'm not hearing any updates from Marlin at all. Every time I've gotten any information I've had to call and leave messages and call back.

I get it, things don't go perfect all the time, but geez, a phone call telling me that it will be a few more days sure would be nice!
Old 06-23-2011, 08:45 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
I've always ordered big dollar items by calling the business and placing my order. its good to know the person you're dealing with, build a relationship, and handle everything. Rather than rip the guy, call him up in a sensible mood, tell him whats up. Marlin has always been a pretty easy going guy. I know a few people that have ordered clutches from him and they were always shipped quickly. Just keep in mind next time you order a fatty $$$ item, call them up and place your order rather than just order it via their website. things might go prompt, quicker, and smoother. You dont know for sure if had that particular transmission in stock/ready to ship.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:18 PM

Sorry that I didn't mention it above... I didn't do any of this order via the website. The only thing the internet was used for was to figure out what I needed, and to get Marlin's phone number. I've mostly talked to Joe over there, but I've probably talked to a couple other people too.

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
I've always ordered big dollar items by calling the business and placing my order. its good to know the person you're dealing with, build a relationship, and handle everything. Rather than rip the guy, call him up in a sensible mood, tell him whats up. Marlin has always been a pretty easy going guy. I know a few people that have ordered clutches from him and they were always shipped quickly. Just keep in mind next time you order a fatty $$$ item, call them up and place your order rather than just order it via their website. things might go prompt, quicker, and smoother. You dont know for sure if had that particular transmission in stock/ready to ship.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:21 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by chromatest
Sorry that I didn't mention it above... I didn't do any of this order via the website. The only thing the internet was used for was to figure out what I needed, and to get Marlin's phone number. I've mostly talked to Joe over there, but I've probably talked to a couple other people too.
Oh ok. well call him up again tomorrow, see whats going on over there. hes also a vendor on YT.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
moved to the vendor feedback section...this wasn't tech related
Old 06-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
ya i wont order from marlin 15 dollars for shipping on some gasket's and a shifter bushing no thanks
Old 06-24-2011, 12:48 PM

Aside from some bushings that were on backorder, everything I've ordered from MC arrived as promptly as one can expect an international shipment. Got the right clutch first time too.

Living in the Great White North I'm used to paying out the patootie for shipping, so I really didn't notice that their shipping cost was high, considering the weight of some of the stuff it was actually lower than I thought it would be.

Quick Reply: Marlin Crawler