Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Marlin Crawler

Old 10-18-2005, 02:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by snap-on
so i read a post the other day that hinted he might have sold out (marlin)... any other word to that rumor?
False. i spoke with Dave about it. They are just moving to bigger digs the first week of November.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cebby
False. i spoke with Dave about it. They are just moving to bigger digs the first week of November.

They have aquired a new partner from what I understand. A rumor is flying around started by one of their competitors.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Contributing Member

The truth be told, technically the company was sold, and Marlin is now head of R&D, another manager was brought in and the 2 investors choose to remain annomyous for now.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Whatever it is...it is always about money. Just hope Marlin is getting some of it.

Old 10-22-2005, 04:19 AM

Jury is gonna be out on this one for quite a while.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:31 AM

They haven't been distracted at all...

I got a care package from Dave today - small stuff. I love that company. My last order consisted of the non-reusable snap rings for two tcases (if you go to Toyota, they have 6 choices for each snap ring - WTF), shift boots, ARB parts, and some other stuff. Where else can you have that kind of one stop shopping.

Last edited by Cebby; 10-22-2005 at 04:33 AM.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Cebby
They haven't been distracted at all...

I got a care package from Dave today - small stuff. I love that company. My last order consisted of the non-reusable snap rings for two tcases (if you go to Toyota, they have 6 choices for each snap ring - WTF), shift boots, ARB parts, and some other stuff. Where else can you have that kind of one stop shopping.
No they haven't been and the customer service there is unreal. I've gotten swagged by them too with extra goodies and it just amazes me each time an order gets placed. I have faith that the company will only get better with this move and it makes sense to keep it going for the long haul.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:02 AM
Banned

As long as they keep making the lighted key chain rings! I love that thing.

Old 10-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Contributing Member

aww man... I want a lighted key chain... darn!
Old 08-10-2006, 08:40 PM

Outstanding Marlin Crawler cust service

I'm doing a 3.4 swap into my 93 4R, and the guys at MC have been more than helpfull over the last few months. Marlin helped me out with a bellhousing issue, and many trans issues. Their parts kits are top-rate, their shipping would make NASA proud, and my stuff gets here on time.

So- let me just say that I am impressed and more than satisfied with Marlin Crawler.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:01 PM

Marlin Crawler

I purchased a crawler for my rig about 4 months ago. I also added a Twin Stick from Front Range off-road, and everything seemed to work properly. Once the rig was complete and ready for the test run, I noticed the Crawler and the T-case sent from him leaked.

Once I got my truck, I was determined to make the Big Bear Event with TTORA and Yotatech for some good times. I checked fluids and packed my junk and was on the road. I noticed on the first day on the trail that my 4-LO would not work. If I used my twin stick to shift into 4-HI I got 4 wheel drive. Once I shifted into 4LO, I got 2LO, no 4WD. And since I could not engage 4LO, I was unable to use the Crawler.

My rig was on the trail, for the first time, I was behind the wheel and I couldn’t even use my new Crawler nor 4LO. I was upset. After wheeling the whole trail, I decided to check fluids in the T-case and Crawler. The T-case took over a Quart of oil, and when it overflowed out, it was black & burnt oil. This scared me, and the first thing in my mind was I fried my T-case. But since Toyota builds there stuff right, the 4LO will not engage if there is not enough oil. So my T-case was fine. I drove on the second trail, and 4LO worked after shifting into it a few times. At last, the Crawler worked and so did the 4LO. All was working fine, but now I have to worry about all the fluids leaking out again.

On the second trail, I actually ran into Marlin, and decided to ask him if he could look at my truck to see if we could fix this. Marlin was more then happy to help me, and pulled out his carpet rug immediately to take a look underneath the truck.

With in less then a minute, Marlin simply pointed out the problems. Near the top of the crawler, there is a 4 wheel drive light plug where the OEM one would normally plug into. There was no plug in it. Then, I asked why is the T-case leaking too? He knew it was leaking up at the top, and I explained I have a Twin Stick from Front Range. He simply pointed out, that the shifter from Front Range has a tendency to leak because of the design. Sure enough, I removed the Boot, and the oil leaks right at the shifter, not the T-case. Marlin drew diagrams of his twin stick invention and Front Range. Marlin's Twin Stick works completely diff then the Front Range model. His is more of a rotating shifter with in, verses a straight shifter that has more movement and no seal. There is nothing to seal the Front Range shifters, just a boot. We talked for about 20 minutes on the trail.

Marlin is a super nice guy, and was very helpful. He’s the nicest guy I have ever met especially for a vendor in the 4 Wheel Drive community. Marlin simply told me he wanted to help me, and wanted me to be happy with the product, and he was going to take care of me. He got all my information, and said he would call me with in 2 days. And If I did not hear from him, to call him back, and gave me his personal business card. So I went home after the Big Bear trip and the T-case leaked out lots of fluid.

I took apart the Twin Shifter and the boot near the shifters was torn. Marlin's design does not have a boot and does not need one. It has oil rings inside where the shifter rotates. Well, sure enough, Marlin called on Monday and wanted to send me his Twin Stick and Plug to fix both my problems. All he asked back from me was the Front Range Twin Stick in exchange. No CC#, no shipping, nothing. I was totally stoked.

Wednesday, I received the items, and put the new Twin Stick in and the plug. I topped all my fluids, drove the truck around in 4HI, 4LO, 4LO with Crawler. I then locked my hubs and drove on the freeway. Got home, not one sign of leaks. I was extremely happy to have fixed this problem that could have damaged my T-case and crawler permantly.

I want to thank Marlin and Big Mike for all there help, and wonderful Customer Service. I will always do business with you guys and recommend business. I am one Marlin Crawler Happy Customer. Here is a pic of the 2 diff. twin sticks and where I had problems. I should have taken real pics, but when I fixed my problems, I was so happy to have fixed them, it was too late.

Last edited by Good Times; 09-15-2006 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Paragraphing
Old 04-22-2008, 06:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marlin Crawler bumpers are awesome!

Just finished installing my front and rear Marlin Bumpers this evening. Started at 6 pm finished by 8:15 pm all holes lined up well. I am very impressed!! I painted them yesterday and will have to do some touchup tomorrow.
My sliders are back ordered they said about two weeks but the bumpers were in stock and I had them 5 days after ordering.
If you have been considering MC now is the time, they have thier act together.
I will be posting new pics later this week if my Warn M8000 comes in from winchdepot.com
Old 06-22-2009, 02:59 PM

Marlin Crawler

If youve ordered stuff through MC, how long did it take to get to your house or where ever you sent it?

I ordered a clutch last night thinking "ok they will get at it in the morning and it will be on the truck by monday afternoon or evening" but I noticed they still havent billed my debit card....hmm...I sent them an email 3 hours ago but nothin...

Hmmm. I know its only been less then 24hrs but you think there would be some progress.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Week to 10 days to the east coast
Old 06-22-2009, 03:11 PM

Was that just shipping or was that total time?
Old 06-22-2009, 03:13 PM

Total time
Old 06-22-2009, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tubbyfatty
Hmmm. I know its only been less then 24hrs but you think there would be some progress.
Most places do not update until the item has been picked up for shipping, or to notify of any backorders. Just because you dont have an update does not mean there is no progress. Also, sometimes it takes up to 24hrs or at least after business day for the bank to update your statement.
The more updating they do, the longer it takes to get your item out the door.
Looking for an update and emailing people in under 24hrs is somewhat annoying.
First time ordering online?
Relax. Marlin has nothing but great reviews. Your order is surely being processed

Last edited by Godzilla; 06-22-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Banned

I'm no where near as big as Marlin and I have dozens of orders on a Monday after the weekend and it typically takes just a bit of time to catch up on them all in the order they were received.

I think you are being just a bit anxious about nothing.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:49 PM

I remember buggin the Wabbit about 2 days after I ordered a BJ lift from him a while back. First time ordering online had me anxious
Old 06-22-2009, 03:49 PM

Not my first time ordering stuff online but i guess im just used to seeing that my bank got billed. I guess I will just have to relax lol.

Yea I just want my clutch so i can drive again hahaha.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Marlin Crawler