Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Engnbldr

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up engnbldr.com

I recently purchased an oil pump from www.engnbldr.com. My wife actually placed the order, and she knows nothing about vehicles. She also has a thick european accent. Ted (engnbldr) was very helpful over the phone, and got the order to my door (Wa to Fl) 4 days later. I will be ordering a timing set, gasket kit, and possibly a cam from him shortly, and I feel good doing business with him.

I noticed on e-bay the other day that he now has a high volume oil pump on the market with 5% more flow. It is not on his site yet, but I will ask about it when I place my next order. I am willing to bet that he would take my uninstalled pump back for credit towards the better unit.

All in all... 2 thumbs up!
Old 06-30-2003, 07:38 PM

this shop is where i had my engine built, i bought a cam, brand new head, valves and valve springs and a bunch of other stuff i would highly recomend him ted and his son tod both are good people to deal with and i have taken my engine in after my turbo went bad and blew my engine and he redid it no problem no charge. and he even gave me a complete engine gasket set for free as well
Old 07-02-2003, 09:08 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just installed my timing kit from engnbldr with the driver's side steel guide. Everything went well, and Ted was top notch to deal with. He overnighted the kit to me, and kept in good communication with me. I would gladly do business with them again. I just wish the kit came with a passenger side steel guide.

The prices can't be beat, either....
Old 07-02-2003, 02:31 PM

Well, the wife spoke to Todd this afternoon, and the price difference is $5 for the high volume pump. They will cross-ship for us, too. So tonight, we get to order the steel rail timing kit, and the high volume oil pump.

As for the kit... why a pass. side steel rail? This one is not prone to breakage.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:50 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by DRTDEVL
As for the kit... why a pass. side steel rail? This one is not prone to breakage.
Sure it is. Mine was broken-- in fact, the whole top half of the guide was broken off. If I remember correctly, my previous truck's was broken, too. I just think it would be better to have both out of steel. Looking back, I probably should have just bought the regular kit from engnbldr and bought the guides from DOA. But I'm not tearing that sucker apart again!
Old 07-15-2003, 01:56 PM

Well, opened mine up yesterday, and... BROKEN pass side guide. Just the top was cracked off, though. The driver's side guide was completely gone.

Pics soon to come.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:55 AM
Contributing Member

Engnbldr

I ordered my HG kit and bolts from Ted and needed them overnighted and Ted was happy to do that for me. Great guy to deal with too. I would HIGHLY recommend him for engine building parts. Also he is active here on the boards and he will offer great advice when needed...
Old 10-15-2005, 09:34 AM
Contributing Member

I second that...he's a great guy and knows what he's talkin about. good prodcuts too with real good prices
Old 10-16-2005, 05:36 AM

yea i have done business with him also and after about 6 months got to really test his 268 crawler cam this weekend and it works great.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:51 AM

Cool Engnbldr

Just bought a master engine kit from him. Shipped it quickly and packed pretty good. He was also very helpful with some of my questions before the purchase. Awesome guy to deal with. Can't wait to get the truck running. The only negative? (if you can call it a negative) is that the timing chain came with plastic guides. I thought they would be metal. In his defense, however, it does say in the description that the single roller chain kit was OEM. All in all, this guy is highly recommended.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:31 AM
Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure the master kit comes with the one that has a drivers side steel guide. I'd ask about it.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Contributing Member

Engnbldr

I had emailed Ted about ordering some parts a few weeks ago. Needed to keep changing my order, he figured out the best package set-up for the best price. Called the order in yesterday, easy customer service over the phone. Knock on the door today and my package is here in a day. Awesome job...... need to order a sticker now, lol.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:04 PM

Ya I just ordered a timing set from him, couldn't believe how fast he responds to emails. Excellent service!
Has anyone tried out his cams? I'm considering his 268 Torker for my 22RE.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Contributing Member

Once the trucks running to satisfaction, I'll be ordering the 268 and probably a new rocker assemb. Look forward to ordering from him again in the future.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:42 PM

I ordered my parts from Engnbldr, and......

they arrived quickly, in good shape, and I must say, I am quite happy with the quality of the products. Complete cylinder head, water pump, oil pump, gaskets, timing chain stuff, etc............it was all there. I also had a few emails back and forth with him and he was very detailed with his answers. Can't believe he took the time to answer my questions in the detail that he did. Gave me a good global economics lesson to boot!!!!!!!!

I'll be ordering the bottom end stuff from Ted as soon as I get the rest of the engine pulled out of the engine bay.

As you all know, and I do now, Ted's the man for Toyota 4runner parts!! Why he's #1 around here is perfectly clear now. What a class act.

vmax84
Old 01-16-2007, 04:20 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
ad infinum!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Contributing Member

Engnbldr kicks some serious
Old 03-27-2007, 10:45 PM

i just got my truck back together with ted's parts and i am very impressed with his customer service, he responds to questions so fast its almost scary

I highly recommend him to anyone thinking about it
Old 03-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Contributing Member

I have a 261 cam and I'm mulling over a turbo modded street port head from Ted to replace my cracked one.

I totally second everyones opinion on the awesome customer service.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:14 AM

Ted is the man!!!!!

Quick Reply: Engnbldr