Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Davez Offroad Performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
www.davezoffroadperformance.com

back in august 25th 2006 i won some tube doors and have not recieved them has emailed me several time to tell me they was upgrading them but still no doors
if dave cant keep his giveaways runnung smoothly then how is he going to make products and sell them and be trust worthy

The winner of the post is : dino 1967.....prize : pair of our tube doors

but I am also giving a pair to : tmougeotte and toy4x4ota..

everyone else that posted for this give away and wants some tube doors $90 shipped.....please post year of truck/runner
here is some pm
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you could have tube doors and 1/2 doors...they are easy to swap out....

The winner of the post is : dino 1967.....prize : pair of our tube doors

but I am also giving a pair to : tmougeotte and toy4x4ota..

everyone else that posted for this give away and wants some tube doors $90 shipped.....please post year of truck/runner

Isn't that how we started out last time.

To: dino1967
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Subject: prize
I know you have heard this before but thanks for hanging in there ..the tube doors just have to be installed and checked for operation,painted and shipped....

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:56 am
Subject: Re: prize
almost there buddy hang in there.... you will be glad.. I promise..

LAST HEARD FROM HIM
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:05 pm
Subject: Re: prize
THEY WILL SHIP NEXT WEEK ...HANG IN THERE THEY LOOK GREAT iM GLAD WE KEPT UPGRADING..

BUT STILL NO DOORS
IF A MAN CANT KEEP HIS WORD THEN DONT DEAL WITH HIM SO EVERYONE LOOK OUT

Last edited by dino1967; 06-10-2007 at 01:16 PM. Reason: entered the wrong year
Old 06-10-2007, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
You won them in 2005? And you are just NOW getting around to bitching about it?

i tried to do the nice christian thing and give him all the time in the world to hang himself
Old 06-10-2007, 10:43 AM

that sucks man, is kinda wierd that you waited well over a year, but goodluck getting them...
Old 06-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dino1967
i tried to do the nice christian thing and give him all the time in the world to hang himself
I deleted my first post but I cannot resist the moral/spiritual irony in your comment here

...the "christian thing" to "hang himself"

Pick up the phone and call the man.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
I am confused: You say you one them on August 25,2005 than the post about winning is dated October 3,2006.
Yeah Dave should be getting them to you, as of April '07 it sounds like he was gonna ship. When I was in the service, there was a saying "The Maximum effective range of an Excuse is Zero meters"
I would have said screw it sometime back in '05 (of that date is correct)
But if you ever get them and they are for your 1st Gen (in your avatar) and don't want them, PM me and I will sent you some $$ for your troubles and shipping...
Old 06-10-2007, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by ocdropzone
I am confused: You say you one them on August 25,2005 than the post about winning is dated October 3,2006.
Yeah Dave should be getting them to you, as of April '07 it sounds like he was gonna ship. When I was in the service, there was a saying "The Maximum effective range of an Excuse is Zero meters"
I would have said screw it sometime back in '05 (of that date is correct)
But if you ever get them and they are for your 1st Gen (in your avatar) and don't want them, PM me and I will sent you some $$ for your troubles and shipping...
my bad entered 05 instead of 06
Old 06-11-2007, 02:00 PM

I have already contacted dino1967 and his tube doors are on their way...he never called to check just posted...The jig for that year took us a while to perfect...fyi...Dave
Old 06-12-2007, 07:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you still have any more sets for sale dave?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:33 AM

We are making them as fast as we can...part of what took so long was trying to find a steel fab source to make the hinge brackets and the flat plate for us so the doors can be made faster...every person we tried said yes and after weeks and months "sure" and never getting any we said screw it and went back to making the whole thing ourselves..so we are tring to have product on the shelf so orders can go out the same day..call me with the year you need and I will check..530-622-2148 Dave...p.s. our 90 up 4 runner "rear" doors should be out next month...
Old 06-26-2007, 04:04 PM

got the doors thanks
Old 04-09-2009, 02:58 PM

Davez Offroad Performance

I purchased a front bumper from Davez Offroad Performance, http://www.davezoffroadperformance.com/, on 5/21/2008. The price was $530, which was $75 more than the standard price of his front bumper. This was because my truck is body lifted, and he was going to add a 2nd front bar on top of the first one, to give it a different look and make it line up.

Bottom line: Today is 04/09/2009, 11 months after the charge to my credit card for $530, and I still have not received my bumper. I found out today that he credited my money back without my knowledge. See below for complete story.

The same day, 5/21/2008, I purchased a rear bumper from Marlin Crawler.

5/30/2008: the rear bumper arrived, so I called Davez to see where my bumper was. The shop told me that it was almost ready to be shipped out, that there was some issue with the 2nd bar, and that it would be worked out.

6/17/2008: I called them again, they said that the bumper was welded up, ready to go, and a truck was supposed to be by to pick it up at the end of the week.

7/03/2008: I called them, and this time spoke to Dave, the shop owner, and he said that he got all the parts together, and that it was getting ready to be welded together. Wait a sec, didn't someone else tell me that it was ready to go, and a truck was getting ready to pick it up? Dave shrugs this off by saying "must've been talking about a different bumper." I ask Dave to call me and/or post pictures on his forum of the bumper after it is all welded up. He says he will do both.

9/1/2008: I called them again, and this time ask straight for Dave. I ask him where my bumper is. He tells me this 5 minute story about how times have been tough for his shop, it's hard to find good help, blah blah blah. He basically tells me that he fired a welder over my bumper because it wasn't up to his standards. Something about him trying to pull on something with one of his shop trucks and my bumper, and it breaking apart. The revision 2 bumper is going to be welded by Dave himself. I tell him once again to call me when it is ready to go out.

10/20/2008: I called and spoke to Dave, and the first thing he says is "Did you get your bumper yet?" I say No, and ask when it was shipped. He tells me that it shipped last friday (the 17th). I ask him for tracking information, and he promises to call me back before the end of the day. He doesn't.

11/10/2008: I called Dave, and told him that I haven't received my bumper, and ask for tracking information. He says that he will call me back, again, and doesn't.

12/9/2008: I called, and talked to Dave. He said now that the bumper is sitting in front of him, waiting for a stinger to be welded on. 1) i didn't request a stinger, and 2) What happened to the bumper you allegedly shipped out already? It certainly didn't show up at my door.

2/6/2009: I called and got to one of the customer service representatives. He said that Dave is out of town, but my bumper was sent to a welding shop for finishing touches. I get the tech's personal assurance that Dave will call me back when he gets back to town.

3/5/2009: I called and ask if Dave got my message. He says that he didn't. I ask him where my bumper is. He still does not have a solid answer for me. I call him out on it, and tell him that not only have I been logging our calls, but that he told me it shipped out 6 months ago, then tells me that it's being welded together 2 months after that. He offers me my money back, but I'd rather have the bumper. I request the bumper, as well as something extra for my time. I ask him to make an offer, and he says he will call me back. I advise him to speak to legal counsel, because I inform him that I will be filing complaints with the FTC, BBB, as well as collecting my money back from claims court.

3/9/2009: I find that my account has been credited for $530, from Davez offroad. I call him, and ask when he was going to inform me. He says that he has been so busy that he hasn't had a chance to make a 30-second call.

Bottom line: Only order from Davez offroad if you want him to hold your money and get bull answers and run-around for 11 months. Avoid at all costs.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:11 PM

First of all it was a custom bumper and takes longer. Yes it was taking longer than it should have. The first bumper shipped was lost and we got reumbursed. True a welder was fired for the lack of quality on this bumper. Said bumper is done and was ready to ship but customer seemed to mad at this point to wait any longer so a quick refund seemed to me to be the best solution. I am sorry that I/we blew this order and mad a customer angry.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by 1stgen4gunner
wow, thanks for the heads up, you are one patient dude.
X2 on the patience!
I had a similar experience for a rear bumper, I finally built one with a friend who works at a fab shop and I now have exactly what I wanted....no compromises.
If you don't have the equipment and/or time to make one, try to find a local shop that is willing to work with you based on your own design.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
I guess what I would ask is what was done to compensate him for all his time? Businesses, like humans, are prone to mistakes. I woukld say let us not jump all over him for poor business practices in ONE instance. If anyone else has an experience, good or otherwise, post it up so that we may get an idea of quality and customer service.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:39 PM

You know what?

Bash him all you want.
I have spoken with MANY DIFFERENT people who say they are very happy with what dave has sold/made them.

Just with any company/business there is going to be mistakes. I think there should have been sooner information exchange and the customer should have known what was happing,

But wouldn't you have been pissed if you received a crooked bumper?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Fossilized
Staff

that's wierd. I have done business with Dave'z a few times and not had any issues with him. Tube doors I got from him are great quality. I have also read great things about him on other forums.

I understand the OP being PO'ed . Things get fubarred at times and a refund should have been issued earlier.

Last edited by dropzone; 04-09-2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: my english sucks
Old 04-09-2009, 10:05 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
well Im not going to take him off my list of would buy just yet.

I do however understand the OP's feelings..

But it is a CUSTOM bumper he would have to make..Rob im sure you got your doors quick cause he has a jig from them...

Just my thoughts..

Old 04-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Fossilized
Staff

they are actually the first 1st Gen doors off the jig
Dave has come through on some misc parts for me at decent prices, usually shipped with in a week. Hopefully will be ordering my DIY beadlocks from him in a few weeks.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:19 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Well there ya go...

Old 04-09-2009, 10:36 PM

This is the funniest thread. What a Douche Bag, he actually kept records, and wants to some day take legal action! Simply stunning.....DUDE DO YOU EVEN WHEEL? or do you just hang out on Yota tech all day? Call your mom to make yourself feel better cause we all care boat loads!

NaeSlaS

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 04-10-2009 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language edited

Quick Reply: Davez Offroad Performance