Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Addicted Offroad

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Addicted Offroad

On 3/3/2009, I ordered a triple drilled flange with dust shield from Addicted Offroad. I went through Addicted Offroad because the flange was $25 and came up with free shipping when added to the cart. This seemed like a great deal.
After waiting a week without getting any acknowledgment of my order, I emailed Scotty on 3/11 asking about my order status. He responded almost immediately that the item had been backordered but was shipped the day before and he then gave me the tracking number.
The next day, I get the package. But when the package was opened, I noticed that the flange was missing the dust shield. So, I shot off an email asking about the missing dust shield.
The response was that the flange with the dust shield is still backordered and that he sent the one without in order to save me from the wait. As an added bonus, he hadn’t charged me shipping which supposedly saved me an additional $14.99.

This is no way to run a business. If there was a problem with the shopping cart and shipping should have been added, Scotty should have notified me right away. If the item was backordered, it would have been nice if he had notified me. And finally, if he was going to substitute a cheaper item, he should have asked if it was acceptable with me.

Scotty does seem to have some nice products. I had been considering ordering some of them. But, this experience leaves a bad taste and I don’t want to order a more expensive item and have him decide to substitute it with something else.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 09-09-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Does he still plan on sending the other flange? If so, I would say you really don't have much to complain about. Parts usually take about a week to ship, from most places. So you didn't really wait too long there.

And he did promptly answer your emails and questions. If he still plans on shipping the correct part when it comes in, without charging you more, I would say you are set. If not, then you have something to complain about.

You must keep in mind suppliers often don't inform their customers of parts that are backordered. So, Scott was likely not informed this part was on backorder until you contacted him, and he then contacted his supplier. Did his website say the parts were in stock and would shop same day? I have never ordered from them so I don't know their specific policy.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:07 PM

Jeeze....Does't seem like you have much to complain about. He did his best to at least get you part of your order so you could get started, and answerd your email promptly. Plus didn't charge you extra for the shipping. Now you want to go on a internationally recognized forum and publicly bash him. Thats a big deal for such a small inconvience.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:01 PM

Hey Jacknife let me give you some advice.
Communication is key to any transaction and it does no good to communicate with us, you should be communicating with Scott.
Also, this is a very political site (as are most social areas), if you pick on someone that the majority likes they will not take your side even if you are right.....so its best to not bring that negativity towards yourself.

My best advice on this subject would be to try and work this out with Scott and my stance on dealing is, if the deal goes well I communicate positively on that entity's behalf (vendor, store, or just some guy selling his stuff) for everyone to know.......no negativity to deal with, and if a deal goes bad I try and work it out and keep it to myself......that way I don't have to deal with people sticking up for somebody just cause they like them.

Its life, it ain't always fair or right!
Old 03-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Banned

its just a trailgear flange, they are a vendor for them. if u ordered it straight from trail-gear, it might of gotten there sooner.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:06 PM

ya know if it wasn't for the last two paragraphs I would of thought this was a good review...
Old 03-22-2009, 05:30 PM

IMO if your ordering a trail-gear or marlin product.. or any product for that matter.. get it direct from them. if you fo that way theres no middle man, and if there is a problem with something you can get it taken care of with a bit of ease. when i purchased my SAS kit from trail gear they shorted me a few bushings and i had a damaged ball joint, i gave them a call and no questions asked they sent me the replacement ball joint and the other bushings free of charge with a hand full of stickers.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:12 PM

Mark here is a cut and paste of the last email I sent you on March 14th and the last time I heard from you:

Mark,
I apologize that I missed the first email. It ended up in my junk folder for some reason and I rarely look at that folder. In the future, please call me at the shop. I can get things handled MUCH faster that way.970-420-4198.

The flange that shipped did not have a dust shield, because they are back ordered still. I sent you one out without the dust shield because I didn't want you to have to wait another week or two for one to come in. I also didn't charge you for shipping on the order which saved you an additional $14.99 on the order total. I hope that makes sense.

If you absolutely need one with a dust shield you can easily just move the old dust shield from your old flange over. It just presses off and on each flange.

If you want to discus this more, please give me a call at 970-420-4198

Thanks for your business,
Scotty

To be honest, I am a little in shock about this post to begin with. Especially since you never called me to ask about getting a dust shield out to you.

As stated, you received free shipping on the flange because of the delay and backorder. I guess i just don't understand what else I could have done to satisfy you short of giving you the flange for free altogether.

If you want to call me to talk about it, please do. 970-420-4198.

Last edited by ScottyC; 03-23-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
Trust me Scotty, there's a lot of us that were WTF?
Old 03-23-2009, 09:44 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBluePile
Trust me Scotty, there's a lot of us that were WTF?
X2!!

Old 03-23-2009, 11:32 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
To whom it may concern.
I am many states away from Scott from Addicted Offroad. I have never met him and I do not know him.
I called Scott with a myriad of questions regarding my SAS. Not only did he take the time to explain the process, cost, pros and cons he went into great detail about what it was I was up against. All this and at the same time he was SUPER nice. It is clear and evident he is very passionate about his business, wheeling , fabrication, and Toyotas. It is in my humble opinion if a guy takes a chunk of time out of his busy day to help a total stranger he doesn't know from Adam, he is a straight up guy running a straight up business. Furthermore, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to order parts from him. In fact when the time comes I will be ordering from him!
I am skeptical about this thread and like a few of the posts suggest there is another side to the story.
Keep up the great work Scott and thanks again for all your help!

Last edited by toyospearo; 03-23-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:41 AM

So, I am the ass because I simply wanted exactly what I ordered? Simply put, I ordered a flange with dust shield. I received one without. As you can see with Scotty's email, he told me to reuse my old one. To me this implies that the dust shield isn't coming. If you bought a tire and wheel, got only the tire, and was told to just reuse your old wheel would you be happy? I doubt it.

Scotty, I got free shipping because that is what your checkout system gave me. It was nothing special just for me. If free shipping was a mistake, you should have let me know before you processed the order. I get free shipping on over 90% of what I order online, so not being charged doesn't send up any red flags on my end. Were you thinking, "Oh, I got screwed on shipping, so I'll send a cheaper product out to make up some of the cost."? That's what it seems like to me.

I am not picking on Scotty. I left a review displaying both the good and bad that I experienced. That is what this forum is put here for. It is up to future purchasers to make their own decisions.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Staff

Sounds to me like he sent you one to expedite the issue, and is still planning on shipping one to you when it comes it, rather than make you wait 2 weeks without your rig. Your analogy is not correct in this situation in my opinion. If you bought a wheel and tire, and the shop did not have the wheel in stock but instead supplied you with a different wheel to get you on the road until the correct wheel came in, I would say they are doing the best they can given the circumstances.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by fastkevman
Also, this is a very political site (as are most social areas), if you pick on someone that the majority likes they will not take your side even if you are right.....so its best to not bring that negativity towards yourself.
Right or wrong, the guy is allowed an opinion. Although he may have construed this transaction the wrong way, he should be free to post his opinion on this site without regard to what "side" people may take.

just my .02
Old 03-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Staff

Originally Posted by okie81
Right or wrong, the guy is allowed an opinion. Although he may have construed this transaction the wrong way, he should be free to post his opinion on this site without regard to what "side" people may take.

just my .02
Agreed. And I don't think he is "an ass" for having his own opinion. Most of us are just trying to help show how this situation is a little more exagerated than in reality.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Communication is a two way street and is not solely the responsibility of the vendor.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Communication is a two way street and is not solely the responsibility of the vendor.
Exactly. However, the vendor is the one who chose not to communicate. If his intention was to send the dust shield later, he never stated this. He never informed me that he was going to send an alternate part than the one I ordered. From the communication that I received, I believe that his intention was to not send a dust shield because he felt that I saved enough money on shipping in his opinion.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
That's not what I gathered from Scotty's reply to YOU, but OK.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
Your analogy is not correct in this situation in my opinion. If you bought a wheel and tire, and the shop did not have the wheel in stock but instead supplied you with a different wheel to get you on the road until the correct wheel came in, I would say they are doing the best they can given the circumstances.
Actually, my analogy is quite correct. He didn't send a replacement dust shield. He told me to use my old one.

Of course, I realize that the dust shield is optional, unlike a wheel. However, the analogy is valid from the standpoint that I didn't get everything I ordered.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by BigBluePile
That's not what I gathered from Scotty's reply to YOU, but OK.
I will admit that there may be a misunderstanding. However, I am pretty sure I am correct.

Last edited by JackKnife; 03-24-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Addicted Offroad