Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

4WD Toyota Owner Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Contributing Member

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
yeah.........I saw the cover, went to the article and the first pic that caught my eye was the vette motor...ugh... So, I went straight to the IFS vs SAS shootout...IFS FTW!!!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigBluePile
yeah.........I saw the cover, went to the article and the first pic that caught my eye was the vette motor...ugh... So, I went straight to the IFS vs SAS shootout...IFS FTW!!!!!
Cool article, I wish they would have fully tested both IFS truck but none the less a good comparison.

James
Old 07-23-2010, 07:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recently (about 3-4 weeks ago) subscribed and have not received my first issue yet (thank god). Because if the first issue was that one...I would have an issue. I agree whole-heartedy with you on this one. It really should be a Toyota-only mag. That is whay I paid the premium price for it, so I can see other toyotas and get ideas of my own...just like from this site.

I sure do hope that it isn't going downhill now that I subscribed.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by theMonch
I recently (about 3-4 weeks ago) subscribed and have not received my first issue yet (thank god). Because if the first issue was that one...I would have an issue. I agree whole-heartedy with you on this one. It really should be a Toyota-only mag. That is whay I paid the premium price for it, so I can see other toyotas and get ideas of my own...just like from this site.

I sure do hope that it isn't going downhill now that I subscribed.
The rest of the mag is great. I like how they actually test products and give an unbiased opinion.

James
Old 07-25-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gnarly4X
There is NO such thing as an unbiased opinion.

It's a shame they didn't print a nice Toyota on the cover. They are probably trying to appeal to the demographics.

I used to subscribe to every "off-road" magazine in publication. It got so every other month was the same basic article or comparison.. just a different vehicle and different spin. Half the time the articles lacked "real world" events, and mostly the publisher was "selling" there advertiser's stuff.

There were some good articles and new technology and modifications people had done, just seemed far and few between the ads.

How many times can you have an IFS vs SAS "shoot-out"!!!!????
On a Toyota you can because the IFS in our trucks do extremely well compared to other IFS trucks. I hope Toyota Mag does not turn into other mainstream mags, if so I will just cancel my subscription and I feel that many others would follow as well.

James
Old 07-25-2010, 03:37 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
I agree, to me that body doesn't even resemble a toyota either. Every time I look at one of those other mainstream mags, all I see is jeeps, jeeps jeeps. There is also more to using 4wd than just rock crawling as well. ie bud bog builds, score trucks etc etc. even yuor causal back woods trucks, hunting and fishing rigs. How often do you even see that?

Same goes for all of the powerblock shows on spike. Jeep, jeep, jeep.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So I finally got my first issue a week or so ago (went to my credit cards address instead of the address i put to ship to which sucks)

Overall not bad, I do agree that 550hp Tacoma is rediculously misleading. That rig doesn't have any Toyota running gear in it and didn't even start out as a toyota chassis. There probably isn't 1 factory piece on the rig that was made by Toyota. It absolutely has no place in this magazine.

If it's a Toyota, then you can strap a few pieces of stainless steel sheet onto it and call it a 550hp Delorean!!!

I also agree that it must be hard to come up with new content and a little diversity in the articles couldn't hurt, but it should not have been the cover piece.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just recently subscribed to this mag too, but cause there is gonna be an article on our werock team Team RockLimo.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:47 PM

i am a subscriber as well...
def took me a while to get my first issue (3 mos. or so) but when it came it was worth it. great mag, best around.

i just hate how it is once every 2 months.
this forum alone has enough tech and build threads to do a weekly publication.

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO MAKE THIS A MONTHLY MAG I WOULD GLADLY PAY DOUBLE!!!!!

i dont even go to the mag aisle in the grocery store anymore, too many barbi mobiles and full size 4x's, worthless IMO
Old 08-05-2010, 04:42 PM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Funny, my wife just got me a subs. for my Bday, great mag.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:56 AM

oops!!

So this is where my thread went? I thought it got deleted!! I was PISSED thinking the mods did not like my opinion of the magazine because maybe Yotatech was a sponsor?? Well I guess I jumped the gun. I PM'd Fink and he did not reply so this led me to believe that what I said was true but I guess not! I was about to unleash the CAPS LOCK FURY TOO!!

James
Old 08-06-2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by theMonch
So I finally got my first issue a week or so ago (went to my credit cards address instead of the address i put to ship to which sucks)

Overall not bad, I do agree that 550hp Tacoma is rediculously misleading. That rig doesn't have any Toyota running gear in it and didn't even start out as a toyota chassis. There probably isn't 1 factory piece on the rig that was made by Toyota. It absolutely has no place in this magazine.

If it's a Toyota, then you can strap a few pieces of stainless steel sheet onto it and call it a 550hp Delorean!!!

I also agree that it must be hard to come up with new content and a little diversity in the articles couldn't hurt, but it should not have been the cover piece.
It is not hard to come up with any content. Yotatech has PLENTY of members with "built" trucks that deserve to be on the cover of that magazine. That truck deserves to be on a cover of another magazine just not this one.

James
Old 08-06-2010, 12:02 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by JamesD
So this is where my thread went? I thought it got deleted!! I was PISSED thinking the mods did not like my opinion of the magazine because maybe Yotatech was a sponsor?? Well I guess I jumped the gun. I PM'd Fink and he did not reply so this led me to believe that what I said was true but I guess not! I was about to unleash the CAPS LOCK FURY TOO!!

James
Hahah I thought the same thing. Was sure it was deleted. as well.

Just come to rausch creek in pa. Plenty of yotas rolling around.

With these old trucks, I don't think they have to be "pretty" in order to make the mag either. As most of us wheel our rigs not just crawl around in mall parking lots like most jeep owners do.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:54 PM

Hi guys, jumping in on this thread to see what we can do help make the IFS vs SA shoot-out better.

Originally Posted by JamesD
Cool article, I wish they would have fully tested both IFS truck but none the less a good comparison.
James, What do you mean fully test both IFS truck?

Originally Posted by Gnarly4x
How many times can you have an IFS vs SAS "shoot-out"!!!!????
So far we've only had two and they were different stages of build up.

First one had the two 'Runners running 4" lifts, doublers and 33s - pretty much the standard fare for basic built Toyotas.

Second match had the two 'Runners now with 5.29s, lockers and 35s - kind of the medium range for built Toyotas. Oh yeah, the IFS 'Runner was showing off it's Blazeland Long Travel kit.

Third match is coming up in a couple issues, we first need to show off a new suspension system for the SA 'Runner that may have it taking the crown back from the IFS rig. However we have a couple things in the works for the IFS rig too so who konws........
Old 09-01-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by gary_the_4runner
i just hate how it is once every 2 months.
this forum alone has enough tech and build threads to do a weekly publication.

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO MAKE THIS A MONTHLY MAG I WOULD GLADLY PAY DOUBLE!!!!!
It would really only take two things: subscribers and advertisers.

The mag, as with everything in this world, runs on money. With more subscribers and advertisers the size of the mag will grow and once it gets too big for bi-monthly it would have to go monthly, right?

So get all your friends with 'Yotas to subscribe and WHENEVER you order parts mention you saw their ad in the mag if they advert that is. If a particular advertiser doesn't advertise with the mag, tell them they should!

***The above is my opinion and not that of the magazine or any person living or dead that may own the magazine***
Old 09-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Looking forward to the article Tim.
I will be reading the new issue again tonight before bed

Yes, a monthly mag would be very cool too.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Corey
I will be reading the new issue again tonight before bed
Haven't seen it yet, I don't get mine until a couple days after everyone else does...
Old 09-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
I only got a PDF from Dave of the "Wabbit's Foot" in the new product section. No mags yet. But I'm excited to see the latest!

Old 09-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
My main issue came Monday, and I got six issues first class last Saturday
Old 09-02-2010, 10:07 AM

Wow! It's been fours years already!?
Subscribed when it was first offered and renewed every year since. I have not regretted doing so. Always looking forward to every issue. The quality of the mag is better than other monthly rags out there.

Quick Reply: 4WD Toyota Owner Magazine