Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

4WD Toyota Owner Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4WD Toyota Owner Magazine Customer Service

This doesn't have anything to do about the magazine itself, after only 1 issue, I can honestly say that the material inside it speaks for itself

I recieved a subscription for this magazine from my Grandfather for Christmas. When he ordered it, either it wasn't an option or he missed it (being 90, he probably missed it), but he couldn't get it mailed to my house, so it went to his.

I told him no worries, we'll deal with it when the first issue comes. Got my first issue last week. He said that he would contact them and get it switched. I decided, instead of having him do it, I would, thinking it might be easier to get the ball rolling.

Now, most will require a phone call from the person the subscription is being sent to. My Grandfather and phones, not a great combo anymore. His hearing is to the point that even with his hearing aide, he still misses the majority of the conversation.

So I emailed the magazine and let them know of the situation and they took care of it without even needing to contact my Grandfather. Like I said, that might be a small thing for most, but when Gramps is having trouble on the phone it becomes very frustrating for him.

Communication between them was quick and easy. I informed them of the situation, they said no problem, I replied with the current address and the new address and the addressed the change.

Thank you to who ever I was in contact with and to the overall group. You have impressed me and I am ecstatic to be on your subscription list.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:45 AM
MSR

I thought i'd hop in and say that its the best mag for toyota owners and as a vendor advertising and communicating with them was easy and timely. Great job David
Old 06-22-2009, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 4WD Toyota Owner Magazine

has anyone else ordered 4WD Toyota Owner Magazine?
i payed them on Apr. 26, 2009 and still havent got a magazine or heard from them. just woundering if i was the only one.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was gifted a subscription a few years ago.... never saw or heard a peep from them... the person that gave the gift was sure they ordered it i guess i wasnt the only one
Old 06-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I ordered May 18th and haven't received anything yet.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:35 PM

It's a hoax!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:43 PM

I was getting it for a while but it just stopped coming not too long after I renewed my subscription
Old 06-23-2009, 04:53 PM

^ then they probably went out of business.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
theyre still in business, they send out magazines once every 2 months. Only 6 per year. I just got a message from them on facebook that is sent out to everyone that is a "fan" of them and it said everything that is going to be in the latest issue
Old 06-23-2009, 05:44 PM

email them directly, i've been a subscriber for about 3 years
Old 06-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
I get mine every 2 months like clock work.

If you got a subscription issue, check the website and email/call.

BMWing about it on here doesn't get you a magazine.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:51 PM

Thanks everyone for the emails. We're still around and doing well! July/August issue can be seen at our website, www.4wdtoyotaowner.com. The next issue is our four year anniversary issue!

A word on issue shipping: the two examples listed here (April 26, May 18) both subscribed after the May/June lists had gone to the printer on April 22, so your first issue is the July/Aug 2009, which ships in about one week.

Email for questions is subscriptions@4wdtoyotaowner.com.

Here's the informational email that is auto-sent to every internet subscriber. In it, we say how it can take 10-12 weeks for a sub to arrive. This happens if one orders just after a list has gone, like the person above on April 26. As mentioned by another poster, issues come every OTHER month. Here's the auto-reply:

THIS IS AN AUTO-REPLY. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. This is for both new subscribers and those emailing with questions/concerns regarding an existing subscription.

FOR NEW SUBSCRIBERS

Thank you for your subscription!

You must email us immediately if you change addresses, as the post office will NOT forward the magazine (bulk rate mail) and it will be sent to your old address. Thank you!

Whether a renewal or first-time subscriber, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

This email is to inform you that your payment was received for 4WD Toyota Owner magazine. Your first issue can take from TEN TO TWELVE weeks to ship (4WD Toyota Owner is bi-monthly, PUBLISHED EVERY OTHER MONTH), and several weeks to arrive via mail after that. Please be patient. Thank you!

GET BACK ISSUES! To see and get all the killer back issues of 4WD Toyota Owner, click on the link below. You can also see the Table of Contents pages via this link.

http://www.4wdtoyotaowner.com/TOC.html

Also, send pictures of your Toyota to YourYotas@4wdtoyotaowner.com so we can publish them. Make sure they are at least 1200x1600 in size! (No 800x600 or 728x640, etc)

We also want to see your CARNAGE shots! Did you flop or wreck your truck while wheeling? Send us the photos! info@4wdtoyotaowner.com

Thank you for subscribing to 4WD Toyota Owner magazine!
--
Subscription Department

Thanks all!

--Dave
Old 06-23-2009, 09:50 PM

Oh man. My bad man. I totally reacted much too quickly lol. Sorry. I just had the same thing happen to me with a few magazines I sub'd to on the internet (non Yota related) and they either were a nonexistent group or would go out of business and not tell their buyers.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:46 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks Dave for the info.

I have only missed a few issues, and that was from the mailman either stealing my magazine, or him giving it to someone else in my 300+ unit complex.

They often mess up the mail where I live, and of course people are to lazy to return your mail to you if they get it by accident.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:38 AM

No worries CRafferty and thanks Corey...by the way, love your avatar pic! Hey we're going wheeling this weekend; please join us! Lovely, fun trail in the woods, nothing tight and nasty--should be fun! Let me know! And we can shoot your killer FJC!

Dave
Old 06-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks Dave, that is my desktop wallpaper at work too.

I would love to get out wheeling again sometime, it has been since last year I took a drive off road.
Pretty busy this weekend with projects I am behind on for my upcoming camping/vacation trip.

Waiting to hear from BajaRack too, as they are designing a custom rack made just for my style of tent so I can get the COG much lower.
Tent sits awfully high right now.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:34 PM

thanks for clearing it up. looks like i just missed the deadline. i will keep an eye on the mailbox.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:49 PM

update
got my first one in the mail the other day and its great.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:09 PM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Dave, do a test or write up on 88 or older bed fixes, like fiberglass beds, or steel bedsides? i thought wolf steel in Cananda did steel panels? yes/no.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2010, 05:48 PM

I'm kind of ticked off. The recent July/August 2010 magazine has a tube chassis buggy on the front cover. What is the big deal? NOTHING TOYOTA ABOUT IT! Has a fiberglass body kit on it and that is it! I did not pay for a subscription for a Toyota owners mag to have a non-Toyota on the cover. I bought it because it was dedicated to Toyota trucks. If I want this truck on a cover I will purchase Petersons 4 Wheel Drive or Off-Road magazine. It has a GM drivetrain, tube chassis, Dana axles and other stuff so what part of this qualifies as a Toyota? Do not get me wrong it is an awesome buggy by far but not a Toyota. I rather see a members truck on the cover than that! Am I the only one who feels this way? Off all the Toyota trucks out there they pick this one? I can understand if there was a small story about it which would be acceptable, but it is not. -James

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 08-05-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Quick Reply: 4WD Toyota Owner Magazine