99+ Tundra, 00+ Sequoia, 98+ Land Cruiser/LX470 Late model full size trucks and SUVs

Saggy Rear end on the 03 Tundra

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saggy Rear end on the 03 Tundra

Rear end on the 4x4 4.7 Tundra is sagging. I have about 1.25" before I bottom out on the rubber bump stops. Currently dont have the money to replace the spring packs so I was looking for ways to stop bottoming out just driving to the grocery store.

Was considering a set of Helwig helper springs but someone told me that they were not made for this and that they would literally break in half if I did this.

I am at school and dont have access to most of my tools so it would be hard for me to do an actual add a leaf.

Any ideas?
Old 07-28-2017, 05:40 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Could always try and look for a used set if money is tight. Otherwise save up and do it right the first time, with the right tools.

Not having the tools you need...either you can wait it out until you get access or you borrow/buy.

Or like what can happen is a long night in the parking lot trying to do the work and possibly messing up, and then limping home because eagerness got the best of you. Don't do what I did. Yes, it can make you a man, but not a smart one. And I certainly didn't feel smart that night.