OEM Winch Mount Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OEM Winch Mount Bumper

http://puretacoma.com/bumpers-c-254/...er-p-4940.html

Check out this clean install of a US Off-Road Tacoma winch mount bumper.

Don't want to add an aftermarket bumper to your Tacoma just so you can mount a winch? You are not alone. Aftermarket bumpers are 100-150 lbs, degrade aerodynamics and are expensive. Keep your stock bumper, factory looks and your MPG with the installation of this winch mount bumper within and behind the stock bumper cover.

• Designed and built in Fort Worth, Texas!
  • Lighter than most aftermarket bumpers at 67 lbs.
  • Built to last. .250" steel winch tub with a .125" facia for a total of .375" of protection up front!
  • Full height front and rear winch cradle.
  • Reinforced lower facia with 6 x .250" gussets, adds bashplate protection up front.
  • Access holes for factory recovery points and drainage.
  • Will accept most winches with industry standard 10" x 4.5" bolt pattern.
  • Works with either roller fairleads or synthetic style hawse.
  • Will not work with a body lift.
  • Shackle mounts are drilled .906" ID for .890" OD or smaller pins which is common for a 3/4" shackle. Pins sizes can vary.
  • Winch mounts come in bare steel only. .
Note: As of March US Off-Road has a prototype built for the new design. It is will soon enter production and is scheduled to be available in May. Until then, we proudly offer this bumper configuration and wanted to share a recent install - http://puretacoma.com/bumpers-c-254/winch-mount-2012-toyota-tacoma-oem-bumper-p-4940.html.

For anyone truly interested, take note... One Customers Review was:
"I received my mount and immediately took it to be sand blasted and powder coated. Don't do that! Install it onto your taco first. You will most likely need to offset the holes a little to get a good solid fit on the bottom two tabs that are under the truck. I had to file 1/4" upwards on all six holes to make the mount sit lower. I drilled a a small hole and worked my way up in size until the filing would be minimal. It still means a lot of filing with a good course file of different shapes. I also had to grind away the center bracket support a little to get the Zeon 10000-S to fit. The build of this mount is super strong. When you bang on it. It does not sound like a bell. All you hear is your hand being crushed! It's very comforting to know it's super solid. There is a good amount of modifying but it's really worth getting, if you have a decent set of power and hand tools for this kind of work. "