RC Vehicles Discussion on remote controlled vehicles of all types

R/C cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
outdoorfever - what's towerhobbies like? which one? like..where is it?

Javin028 - sorry but it looks like you're outta luck for the RS4 rally, it is discontinued. Probably because people mostly just use the trucks with more ground clearance or go strictly onroad. there are other makes, but i would suggest opening up your list of Rc's you like. You might like their RS4 mosnster or whatever, the 4wd stadium truck thing.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I built this website for my local hobby shop. They are not the best at updating but they have lots of info on cars and trucks

http://www.americanhobbyracing.com
Old 10-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by AUJWE
Can you hook us up with some family discounts and deals? I have givern TowerHobbies plenty of money already. More than enough to buy a S/C for my truck.
haha, I was going to ask too. I'd like to get the Savage SS kit to sort of revamp my Savage 25.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:46 AM

Thanks for the help, Figit. I also used to subscribe to RCCA, but I stopped around the time the RS4 Rally came out. About the RS4 MT, it's been discontinued before the Rally. Well the electric one has, and I want an electric. I actually saw one on ebay, brand new in shirnk wrapt that was going for under $100. I think I'll go check out Hobby People today if they're still open after work. I'm sure there will be other kits that will interest me.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:43 AM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by keisur
haha, I was going to ask too. I'd like to get the Savage SS kit to sort of revamp my Savage 25.
Doesn't hurt to ask. Yeah, you need to get rid of those bling bling shocks on your Savage. Are those the ones that you bent some of? Or newer ones?
Old 10-03-2004, 11:46 AM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by Javin028
Thanks for the help, Figit. I also used to subscribe to RCCA, but I stopped around the time the RS4 Rally came out. About the RS4 MT, it's been discontinued before the Rally. Well the electric one has, and I want an electric. I actually saw one on ebay, brand new in shirnk wrapt that was going for under $100. I think I'll go check out Hobby People today if they're still open after work. I'm sure there will be other kits that will interest me.
This might could be a steal for you:
HPI RS4 Rally on eBay
Old 10-03-2004, 12:09 PM

I don't know if it comes in electric, but the newest RS4 is shaft driven, a big plus, especially in rally cars, and you could probably convert it to longer a-arms and shocks for a rally car pretty easily. That's another option. They also make a rally conversion for the Associated TC3.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:13 PM

That would be the Pro 4. Converting it to rally would seem to be a waste though. They tuned it so much for strictly on-road. Oh, and I might have bid on that Rally. Looks like it will be a steal!
Old 10-03-2004, 12:18 PM

My friend's RS4 rally had some street goodies on it like the 2 speed and it still worked awesome. He even raced a few laps around the Buggy/ Truck track that we raced our XXX-T's at. Nothing is a waste when you mod it!

Anyway, here is my pick for a must have RC vehicle:

Tamiya TLT-1 converted to a 1:10 scale truck.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:22 PM

In fact, here's a pic of mine:
I need to get some updated pics, I've done alot of minor tweaks to it. (Slightly longer wheel base, new steering links, steering links have been moving up, lower link mounts have been moved, etc...)

And check out this video, really cool and some awesome crawlers I got to drive with down in Colorado Springs (right click save as please)

www.twisteddv.com/RCGuy/BlackForestSession.wmv

Last edited by Plays_with_Toys; 10-03-2004 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Contributing Member

hehe well guys I unfortunately the discounts are only for the employees and maybe some family, not to sure. hehe but I know I cant get you anything, sorry But you tried! no worries...

figit, I have only been there 1 time when i was quite small and I visited the office area. They only have one main store I believe and thats in Champange Illinois(i think thats the city).

I think its the biggest 'hobby shop' in the country, maybe world..they carry lots of stuff. Sorry for the lack of info.
Old 10-03-2004, 04:28 PM

thanx for the info...i order from tower, they have good service and they're cheaper than my once local hobby shop, but now that we JUST got a new one in my town, i probably won't order from tower anymore. They said that i could most likely order from them for cheaper than any online company or the same price. so yeah... lol

did i post pics of my t-maxx already? i forgot...maybe i will again...not sure
Old 10-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Figit090
thanx for the info...i order from tower, they have good service and they're cheaper than my once local hobby shop, but now that we JUST got a new one in my town, i probably won't order from tower anymore. They said that i could most likely order from them for cheaper than any online company or the same price. so yeah... lol

did i post pics of my t-maxx already? i forgot...maybe i will again...not sure
don't forget though, if you order 600 dollars worth of stuff, you'll pay tax and, depending on what the tax is in your locale of "Earth," it may be considerably cheaper to buy big ticket items online. just something to think about, "earthling."
Old 10-03-2004, 05:41 PM

That Land Cruiser is badass! Too bad that don't have any 4runner bodies. Well, not that I've seen.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Contributing Member

Kyosho used to make a gas powered 4runner. I remember seeing it that one time i went to my uncles office many many years ago. This was probably about 10 yrs ago, but it was really cool. Looked so real.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:18 PM

Yeah, there is a an older 4runner body available. Its very hard to find though. Ebay is your only way, and then, you probably won't want to drive with it.

I want to get a toyota body of some kind for mine, but the FJ-40 is the only one with a decent amount of detail besides the plastic Bruiser body... which is very expensive.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:42 PM
AUJWE

you haven't sent me any recent photo;s of that electric bad boy either,

Notice the nice IFS flex on the Savage folks.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:44 PM
AUJWE

My neighbor is using my 40 Series ProLine Road Rage tires and bling bling wheels on his E-MAXX at the moment or I would have posted pictures of my Savage wearing them.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:23 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Plays_with_Toys
Yeah, there is a an older 4runner body available. Its very hard to find though. Ebay is your only way, and then, you probably won't want to drive with it.

I want to get a toyota body of some kind for mine, but the FJ-40 is the only one with a decent amount of detail besides the plastic Bruiser body... which is very expensive.
pro line makes the cruiser body. The Hobby Town here in Greenville has a couple but I haven't brought myself to pick one up yet since the Savage is still in Houston.
haha, Joey, you should have posted that in the poser thread.

Last edited by keisur; 10-05-2004 at 04:24 AM.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:06 AM
AUJWE

haha, Joey, you should have posted that in the poser thread.
Will do.

Quick Reply: R/C cars