Old 02-05-2010, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
btttt
Old 02-10-2010, 09:16 AM

btttt
Old 02-13-2010, 07:20 AM

I have my doubts about your bumpers. Dont take offense Im new here and dont know your reputation, but am in the market for a winch bumper for my newly aquired tacoma. How strong are these bumpers? Are they "hang it in a tree" strong or are they just enough to get you out of a mud hole? By the way, do you offer fairlands with your bumpers? I could buy one but in the event I purchased a bumper from you I'd just assume get it all from you.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dmanflynn
I have my doubts about your bumpers. Dont take offense Im new here and dont know your reputation, but am in the market for a winch bumper for my newly aquired tacoma. How strong are these bumpers? Are they "hang it in a tree" strong or are they just enough to get you out of a mud hole? By the way, do you offer fairlands with your bumpers? I could buy one but in the event I purchased a bumper from you I'd just assume get it all from you.
Considering that my bumpers are made from the same material that pretty much every other company builds there's from, they aren't going to be any weaker.

And, I can't say that I have hung one of my rigs from a tree, or a bridge, or any similar type of structure.

However, I have at least 200+ bumpers floating around the country and i have not had one complaint about the strength of my bumper. That being said, the mounting design on the front of Toyota frames from 84-95 does require reinforcing. This has nothing to do with my bumper, but the fact that Toyota only used .090 wall material across the front of their frame. I sell a frame reinforcement kit as an option to one of my bumpers for $45. It does require welding on.

It helps to avoid this:

I'm not sure what a Fairland is, but I assume you are referring to a winch fairlead. No, I do not sell fairleads. But that is because I don't sell winches right now. However, every winch comes with a fairlead when you purchase it. So, when you buy your winch, you will get the fairlead with it.

The only other issue that I see, is that you mentioned that you have a Tacoma. Well, I currently do not build bumpers for Tacomas. I have built one of mine for a Tacoma, but it requires welding in a new front crossmember onto your truck to mount it.

Feel free to call me with any questions you might have. 970-420-4198. I am more than willing to answer any questions you might have.

Last edited by ScottyC; 02-13-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Scotty, what size thickness is that reinforcement?
Old 02-13-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by toyota4x4907
Hey Scotty, what size thickness is that reinforcement?
1/4". So, when its welded on, you have almost 3/8" as opposed to less than 1/8"

When its all welded on, it looks like this:

It is a Front Range Offroad kit. Brian and I are working together on these. Previously, the kit had some very slight fitment issues. That is no longer the case at all as Brian and I redesigned the kit to work perfectly with my bumpers.

It also works on 89-95 pickups and 4runners to add the extra mounting places to it. This way you don't have to tie into the weak body mounts on the side and risk tweaking them when you winch from it. I refuse to use those body mounts for mounting, because i have seen them pull forward. It actually bends the mount and pull the bumper tubes up into the fenders.

FOR THE RECORD: I recommend this kit for all models if you are planning to winch from it. I have seen one of my 1st bumpers ripped through the frame because the frame wasn't reinforced like this. The bumper was fine. Shane added the kit, and never had an issue again.

Last edited by ScottyC; 02-13-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:25 PM

Good way to start things off. Why call out the quality of a guy's work having never laid eye's on it?

If I were Scotty I'd be leary of even doing business with you as you seem like one of those that would never be pleased.
Now go "hang in a tree" by a "fairland" please.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:42 PM

btttt
Old 02-21-2010, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Big_John
Good way to start things off. Why call out the quality of a guy's work having never laid eye's on it?

If I were Scotty I'd be leary of even doing business with you as you seem like one of those that would never be pleased.
Now go "hang in a tree" by a "fairland" please.
I had not intended to offend anybody by questioning his product. And yes I misspelled FAIRLEAD, Internet explorer doesnt have spell check like safari does so please excuse me on that. I was merely concerned of the stout-ness of his bumper as I didnt know to what extent he had tested it. I actually meant toyota pickup as well and not tacoma as Im new to the toyota scene and didnt realize they didnt make tacomas in 93, but I know better now And as for your smart ass remarks, leave them at home. If you'd taken half a second to think of what you where typing instead of going into keyboard commando mode, you'd realize he has quite a number of photos of his bumpers for me to look at its design. The ONLY reason I questioned his quality in the first place was that Ive seen stronger looking bumpers fail miserably and was just concerned of quality. However, I will be purchasing one of these bumpers in the very near future as soon as the wallet allows.

No hard feelings to either of you.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:13 PM

I had not intended to offend anybody by questioning his product. And yes I misspelled FAIRLEAD, Internet explorer doesnt have spell check like safari does so please excuse me on that. I was merely concerned of the stout-ness of his bumper as I didnt know to what extent he had tested it. I actually meant toyota pickup as well and not tacoma as Im new to the toyota scene and didnt realize they didnt make tacomas in 93, but I know better now And as for your smart ass remarks, leave them at home. If you'd taken half a second to think of what you where typing instead of going into keyboard commando mode, you'd realize he has quite a number of photos of his bumpers for me to look at its design. The ONLY reason I questioned his quality in the first place was that Ive seen stronger looking bumpers fail miserably and was just concerned of quality. However, I will be purchasing one of these bumpers in the very near future as soon as the wallet allows.

No hard feelings to either of you.
No hard feelings here. Look forward to building your bumper when you order it!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:19 PM

btttt
Old 02-28-2010, 06:51 PM

btttt
Old 03-01-2010, 11:16 AM

Had another one done through Addicted to fit tighter and i love it. Im going to mount my lights on it and paint it...I will get some pics up ASAP

Thanks Scotty!
Old 03-04-2010, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by vwfastg60
Had another one done through Addicted to fit tighter and i love it. Im going to mount my lights on it and paint it...I will get some pics up ASAP

Thanks Scotty!
You got pics yet Russ?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:13 PM

bttttt
Old 03-12-2010, 07:28 PM

btttt
Old 03-15-2010, 06:51 AM

btttt
Old 03-18-2010, 07:57 AM