Sportsman Section Hunting, guns/rifles, knives, archery, and fishing topics go here

Guns... For or against?

Old 07-21-2004, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry... no pics of chicks shooting guns. My local range(s) are so paranoid of anti-gun nuts that they don't allow photography. Otherwise, I'd be all over it!

J
Old 07-21-2004, 06:07 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Awwww

Originally Posted by WolfpackTLC
Sorry... no pics of chicks shooting guns. My local range(s) are so paranoid of anti-gun nuts that they don't allow photography. Otherwise, I'd be all over it!

J
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Old 07-21-2004, 06:37 PM

4. I'm the NRA.
Attached Thumbnails Guns... For or against?-ar1.1.jpg  

Last edited by fish; 07-21-2004 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
fish,

nice AR i shouldve bought an AR lower receiver right b/f they close it all up a few years back. oh well.

and I'm the NRA too, if that's what youre saying as well.

bob
Old 07-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
So where are the pics of chicks shooting guns in this thread like the other one?

Here you go:

Last edited by BruceTS; 06-02-2007 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Contributing Member

As for me, I am totally against gun ownership.....except ME of course

Then there are my twins..... https://www.yotatech.com/attachment....achmentid=3250

Last edited by BruceTS; 07-21-2004 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BruceTS
As for me, I am totally against gun ownership.....except ME of course
Bruce,

You sound just like Dianne Feinstein!

Nice twins, btw.

Bob
Old 07-21-2004, 07:24 PM
Contributing Member

I have no issue with guns as long as they are used to kill people. When you kill animals, guns are bad.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:50 PM

AGAINST!!!
j/k
My babies (repost)

A world w/o guns would be great but that's never going to happen...so I had to get me some. Since they will never be able to regulate the ownership of guns among criminals, it is nice knowing that I can take care of me and my loved ones.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bruce, I always wear my bodysuit when I go shootin' too.

Ruger SP101, Remington 870 Pump

To keep the locals honest.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:28 PM
Contributing Member

Me too....I just hate guns...

Meet my Fishing Buddies.

LOL!!! :pat:
Old 07-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Contributing Member

ER surgeon's son: Im more against em than for. I hate the whole "self defense" reasoning unless you are in an area prone to breakins or own a quicki mart. I just dont see the point in owning one just to own one. If you are into sporting and all that jazz...sure go ahead - knock yourself out. But if it just sits in a box under your bed...I think you are bringing danger into your house than saftey.

I hate that whole "Guns dont kill people, people kill people" --- I think we can all agree that people kill people with guns...guns are involved in many cases.

Ya'll ever watch bowling for columbine? There were some 10,000 plus gun related murders in one year in the US. The next closes was like 180 in Germany or sometihng? Something is wrong in the US...

Guns don't kill people... people kill people. I don't see people outlawing cars... or alcohol. It's MUCH easier for someone to get their hands on either two. Don't even get me started on smoking...
I can get a gun a hell of a lot faster than a car...you gotta have money to get a car. Guns are cheap...and a hell of a lot easier to buy and conceal if stolen. If you are a youngin...Id say it's easier to get a gun than alcohol as well...
Old 07-21-2004, 10:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by PoBoy
Something is wrong in the US...
I can't disagree with that. I have to say though... I think it reflects more the general population's attitude towards firearms. The fastest way to get hurt is NOT giving the weapon the proper respect that it demands.
I agree, it is definitely VERY easy to get a firearm and there are more idiots out there that own guns than I'd like to think. However, the answer isn't banning them - proper education would be more appropriate.

All the firearms advice I've heard to civilians (from RESPONSIBLE sources) were along the lines of - if you're in danger use your weapon as a last resort. If you have a chance to escape, do so and call the proper authorities.

It's the idiots at the gun range that want to make the loud bang while holding a gun in each hand and shooting "gangsta" style that need to have them confiscated.

You've got to remember, banning firearms will stop the *law-abiding* citizens from breaking the law. By definition, a firearm banning law won't stop a criminal.

Last edited by Tacoma Dude; 07-21-2004 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:09 AM
Contributing Member

Absolutely for it.

www.stackedandpacked.com
Old 07-22-2004, 06:20 AM

PoBoy-

While I respect your opinion, I don't wholly agree.

Gun's don't kill people by themselves. People liken gun carrying to violence and they shouldn't. I know of plenty military, LEO, and private citizens that carry everyday, and don't kill anyone. Now in self-defense, people kill people... with all kinds of weapons, not just guns. While I respect what that movie was trying to do, it was obviously anti-gun. I've had friends killed by drunk drivers, a family member killed in a drive by, and a close friend killed by smoking... The car didn't drive into my friends by itself, the gun didn't shoot itself, and the cigarette didn't smoke itself. All those unfortunate incidents required an individual to do something. I will concede that guns are devices intended to harm and/or kill another individual. But they were originally conceived for self-DEFENSE and protection. People out there shooting people for no reason no more deserve a gun that a drunk out there driving a car. TRUST ME. There are a lot more people driving around in cars that are drunk than there are carrying weapons LEGALLY and shooting people. At least that's the official statistic from the highway patrol here in NC. That's right.. North Carolina.... redneck central.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:25 AM
Banned

I thought NC was redneck north...
Old 07-22-2004, 06:32 AM

Well... it's technically Redneck South, if anything...
Old 07-22-2004, 06:47 AM
Contributing Member

I dont think you can say well more people are dying from drunk driving, cigaretts, or anything else over guns. Point is people are dying and something needs to be done. Only like 10 kids die a year from seatbelt saftey...but that statistic doesnt stop harsher laws being set in place to prevent just one of those 10. I think in every general situation (guns, cigs, driving) where there is a death...it should be looked at completely separately form the rest. It's a death regardless that can hopefully be prevented in the future. Just because more kids may die from poisoning than gun accidents, doesnt mean we should focus more on the poisoning...Every instance where there is a death gives it the highest of priority in my book. You cannot put a price on life...

Just an FYI, Im not against guns...we cannot undo something that has been apart of our nation for such a long time. I just do not see the point in having them in many cases (but I think there are many justifiable situations). I dont think the whole, "I know many people that own guns responsibly and have never killed anyone"...well there are many people that were thought to be responsible by their peers and they have screwed up and killed someone. Im sure the counts are MUCH lower than any other type of gun-related murder, but it still happened - and was the gun all that necessary in the first place?

Anyway - Im really only anti-gun IN big cities. I strongly feel that something needs to be done to get them off the streets where the majority of gun related deaths occur. How to do that? Communisim Banning them is definitely NOT an option...I think technology will be the answer. When a gun detection system is invented where an officer can be alerted when a gun is within a certain distance from him...criminals can be had. Technology
Old 07-22-2004, 06:49 AM
Banned

^ what the heck have you been smokin'???
Old 07-22-2004, 06:56 AM
Contributing Member

Care to explain? I know I wrote that blindly...but I didnt think it was that bad

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Guns... For or against?