Sportsman Section Hunting, guns/rifles, knives, archery, and fishing topics go here

Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 07:52 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by r0cky
benchmade

Awesome knives. This is mine:
Old 09-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Banned

mine is this one:

http://www.benchmade.com/products/pr...aspx?model=550
Old 09-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude

Awesome knives. This is mine:
I've got a Stryker in ATS 34 (plain edge). Would like to get a combo edge in something a little shorter. (Dont' carry this due to size or my spyderco rescue due to utility - or lack thereof).

Thinking mini-griptilian.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Contributing Member

swiss army climber.
IMHO it is far superior ro all other utility tools, the can opener is lightning fast, I'll be eatn pork and beans in 20 seconds.
I use the small blade 10x more than the large
The bottle opener is handy
It is light
Best of all, it has a corkscrew!!!
Old 09-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Contributing Member

I have a Spyderco and a Gerber. I carry mine at work only. I walk around with it like I'm fixin to get "into it" and slash and jab someone. Nobody bothers me and even my boss leaves me alone and gives me good raises. When somebody walks into my office I pull it out and start cleaning under my fingernails with it. Then I'll tell them to lay their hand on the table and I'll speed through the spaces between their fingers. People are sort of afraid of me here.

Last edited by keisur; 09-21-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Contributing Member

I carry a Benchmade 9050S AFO
I guess its illigle for me to carry it now that I am no longer in the military...oh well I guess I'll play dumb when a cop asks me.

Last edited by Spectre; 09-21-2005 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:14 AM

i carry a benchmade auto,
had it for 3 years now and drop it by benchmade every couple
of months for a tune up.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:14 AM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Spectre
I guess its illigle for me to carry it now that I am no longer in the military...oh well I guess I'll play dumb when a cop asks me.
yeah same thing with my knife, i found it on the army base. and it even more illegal since it a auto-open (switch blade more or less) and i am in CA. if i get caught with it i have been told its not a slap on the wrist, but go directly to jail for a felonly.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Banned

Im going to get flamed to hell for this, but

I carry a SOG Flash II TiNi 3" Semi Serated blade. I make sure its concealed, and concealed well. I havent had to pull it out yet (not that Ive had it that long). Im not going to pull it out unless its absolutely necessary, i.e. the other kid pulled his out and i cant get away, the other kid is 5 times my size and i cant get away, etc etc.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Gangus2006

I carry a SOG Flash II TiNi 3" Semi Serated blade. I make sure its concealed, and concealed well. I havent had to pull it out yet (not that Ive had it that long). Im not going to pull it out unless its absolutely necessary, i.e. the other kid pulled his out and i cant get away, the other kid is 5 times my size and i cant get away, etc etc.
lol dude why dont you make friends instead? Is it really that hard for you? I cant think of one kid that I even dislike and to go as far as stabbing someone? You would get in just as much trouble as the other kid... stupid... stupid... stupid...
Old 09-21-2005, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by butnut
I used to carry a medium size Swiss knife on my keychain for years. About 4 years ago, I was into butterfly knifes. I made a leather sheath and carried it on my belt. These are illegal and I almost walked into court one day when I saw the metal detector. I walked outside and hid it in the bushes. My friend who is a knife collector, showed me how easy the lock blades are to open. I found the perfect sized knife and I never go anywhere without it. I seem to have uses for it all the time. It's a Spyderco Jess Horn. Very lightweight with a clip and half serrated blade. Perfect size. Quick thumb opening...fast as a switchblade. It's a permenant part of my wardrobe...like my underwear...I don't leave home without it.

butnut
I carry one about that size on my keychain. Have for years
Old 09-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dlbrunner
swiss army climber.
IMHO it is far superior ro all other utility tools, the can opener is lightning fast, I'll be eatn pork and beans in 20 seconds.
I use the small blade 10x more than the large
The bottle opener is handy
It is light
Best of all, it has a corkscrew!!!

I had one of those bad boys, and lost it on a climbing trip in Utah... that was one of the best knives I ever had...I miss it... :cry:
Old 09-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Contributing Member

If you have no knife training and you're planning on bringing one into a fight you might as well have a butter knife. It will be more dangerous for you than the other person.

Don't be stupid and brag about things like this.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Contributing Member

If you have no knife training and you're planning on bringing one into a fight you might as well have a butter knife. It will be more dangerous for you than the other person.

Don't be stupid and brag about things like this.

I agree... If you know what you're doing, it is actually fairly simple to disarm someone who has a knife that doesn't know what they're doing. Bragging about what you could do with a knife to someone is lame anyway. Go sign up for a martial arts class. It sounds like you could use the discipline and the reality check. I thought I was pretty tough untill my Kempo teacher showed me otherwise...
Old 09-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by UNLIMITED96
i carry a benchmade auto,
had it for 3 years now and drop it by benchmade every couple
of months for a tune up.

wt.............is that a tiny tool box or 1 giant knife ......I've carried this for about 5 years now cheapie but works great (bottom one)
And this is my skin'n knife
Old 09-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dwh91102
I actually keep the same one in my truck! That ring is not practical but it is pretty cool
Old 09-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Contributing Member

That's great, why don't we tell the whole world how to beat security we need to rely on.

This is the stuff that shouldn't be printed, but now it's out there. Read the very last line. "Small" and "slightly"...... My

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/loca...p-297303c.html

Water leaks at Indian Pt.

A small amount of slightly radioactive water has leaked from a container at the Indian Point 2 nuclear power plant in Westchester County, officials said yesterday.
Spokesmen for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and for Entergy Nuclear Northeast, owner of the Westchester County plant, said the water was found several feet underground and posed no danger.

But Indian Point's critics said the leak was another indication that the plant should be closed.

Alex Matthiessen, president of the environmental group Riverkeeper, called the leak "yet another safety breach at Indian Point" and demanded an investigation of the plant's spent-fuel storage system and a test of the drinking water in communities around the plant.

The steel-lined, 40-foot-deep spent rod pool from which the water appears to have leaked holds the highly radioactive fuel assemblies that have been used in the nuclear reactor. The rods of fuel are submerged to shield them from the air, and the water in the pool becomes slightly radioactive from the fuel.

Entergy said the pool remained structurally sound. The water was found along hairline cracks on the outside of the pool's walls, which are 4 to 6 feet thick.

Last edited by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK; 09-21-2005 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Banned

Here's a new idea: don't get yourself into stupid drama - this way, you won't ever find yourself in a situation where you even have to THINK of pulling a knife on someone (or having one pulled on you).

:pat:
Old 09-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Spectre
Hey Todd, can you get me one of these? If not I think my dad can get me one on base but I'd like to not have to ask him, hehe.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by keisur
Hey Todd, can you get me one of these? If not I think my dad can get me one on base but I'd like to not have to ask him, hehe.
I am no longer in the Military...but I do have an unused one.
I have two..an issued one (154CM blade) and an issued one (ATS-34 blade) When I bought the non-military issued one (at a knife shop) they did not ask to see my Mil ID....can't hurt to go into a shop and ask right?

If you can't get one, give me a call.

note: the onlt differience between the ATS-24 and the 154CM is the Country where the metal came from. ATS-34 is made in Japan by Hitachi and 154CM is made right here in the USA by Crucible Materials.

Last edited by Spectre; 09-21-2005 at 08:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone carry a pocket knife?