Looking For A Mechanic/Fabricator/Shop Put your location in your thread title when making an inquiry

Cost for installing new Carb, Headers, Exhaust. Bloomington, IL

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cost for installing new Carb, Headers, Exhaust. Bloomington, IL

I have an 87 Toyota Pickup 4x4 with the 22R. I bought a Weber 38 and the LCE Headers w/ exhaust performance package. I currently have to store my truck at another place because I don't have room for it here, so its like a planned event whenever I want to go over and work on it. I am doing a lot of upgrades to it, both inside and out, so I am wondering if I want to add this to my list or have it done by a professional.

I know a lot on here would consider this a very easy upgrade to perform by themselves, but for me to do it solo it would take awhile, and I can't leave my engine half apart for long because I use my truck for the snow days (my primary car is a BMW M3 without winter tires). I am thinking about finding a shop to do the work if I can find someone that does aftermarket installs like this.

What would be a fair rate for this kind of work? I don't want to get ripped off on labor. Also, if anyone is from the Bloomington, IL area and knows a good shop let me know. I really just want to get it all installed right away so I can take advantage of it while the snow is here. Plus, it would be nice for a professional to do the work and get it tuned up even though they are pretty easy to tune anyways.

Anyone have any idea on how long that install would take and what you would expect a mechanic to charge? Right now there is a Weber 32/26 installed, so the carb upgrade might not take quite as long.

Thanks