93-98 T100s (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Mikes T100 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 05:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mikes T100 Build Thread

Hey guys. I'd like to start off saying hello to all you T100 folks over in this section. I've never been over here until a few days ago. I've always been mini truck man until today.

So here goes!

1995 Toyota T100 (paid $1,000.00 cash)
5spd trans
3.4 engine
4wd
Extended cab
COMPLETELY STOCK

I bought this truck today from the original owner who purchased it from C&O Motors in St.Albans WV. It has spent its entire life here. This truck was very well maintained up until about 1 year ago it became parked due to a broken leaf and bad brake line. The original owner had purchased and installed 2 new rear springs but never made it any farther. Now I'm taking over.

As of today here is some stuff that I have already done

Changed Oil - switched over to Mobil 1 fully synthetic with K/N filter
Installed a new Pioneer stereo system
Washed the engine bay some what
Checked all other fluids
Installed a new starter that came with the truck. Owner said old starter would lock up sometimes ??? I never had a issue but owell.

Tomorrow I must fix a brake line and I'm going to flush the coolant and refill with new. May also replace all the speakers.

Here is a list of things that I need
Taillights both sides
Tailgate
Cup holder assembly
Driver seat
Windshield

List of future things todo
BJ Spacers front AAL rear and shocks
Fix some rusty spots on rocker panel and bed
Headers
Dual exhaust
Sun visor
Tool box
Custom bumpers
Sliders
33" tires maybe larger dunno what will fit
Gears
Delete ADD system that still works
Manual Hubs
Spray in Bed Liner
Paint job
And much more......

Stay tuned. Pics will come in the morning as I didn't get the truck home until 5:00 this evening. It's dark at 5:30. So yeah....

If anyone has suggestions or useful info then please feel free to share it with me. I am very unfamiliar with these T100's. I know a little info about something's that are swappable between these and mini trucks but that's about it. I could use some 3.4 knowledge too as I've only owned 4 bangers.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:25 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honestly you really dont need the BJ spacers. My torsion bar is slightly cranked and I can fit 265/75/16 on 16" mickey thompson wheels. 31.8 tires but they are pretty dang big. I suppose i could fit 32s if not 33's if I massaged the interior body panel at the fender well and trimmed some. I like the way it rides with the torsions cranked a bit anyways. Im also running bilstein HD shocks, well worth the cash.

You can toss the manual hubs right on,t hey bolt right up. Mine are warns bu same principle as aisins.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:33 AM

Yeah my truck came with 31" tires and they look small. So I was very curious to how big of a tire could fit.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Id make it work ready...but would shy away from much trail improvement. Unless you are hauling firewood with her or something.

I just realized its a 3.4 not a 3.0 That makes it a pretty good buy at $1000.
5speed makes it a little more fun to drive.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by HighLux
Id make it work ready...but would shy away from much trail improvement. Unless you are hauling firewood with her or something. I just realized its a 3.4 not a 3.0 That makes it a pretty good buy at $1000. 5speed makes it a little more fun to drive.
Trail worthy.... Ehh yeah a little bit. But see I live on a farm. must haul fire wood and Hay from time to time. Getting back on the hill can be a rough one. I got that to keep in mind. But I'm mainly using this truck for work... If it was a 3.0 I'd never bought it. The 3.4 was the biggest thing that knot me drawn to it
Old 11-17-2013, 04:57 AM

I wish I lived on a farm. It would be filled with Toyotas. I would herd them.

No such luck in a subdivision in the suburbs. I have to keep it down to a small pack of them.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:58 PM

I wish I lived on a farm. It would be filled with Toyotas. I would herd them. No such luck in a subdivision in the suburbs. I have to keep it down to a small pack of them.
lol yeah I got several parts for 2nd and 3rd gens. The wife stays on me tho because most of them are in the back yard lol. My ole 87 is parked out front on cinder blocks waiting its SA transplant
Old 11-17-2013, 04:04 PM

We'll I guess today was a good day considering the weather. Rain rain and more rain since Friday .......

Update:
I replaced the broken brake line as well as eliminate the LPV on the rear.. I was also able to replace the windshield wipers and bolt the bed back on. Tomorrow I plan to go get it legal and stop by the local salvage yard. They got 3 T100's that I know of out there. I need a few things that aren't easily available new.

Still no pics tho.. I'm not about to take my IPad out in the rain lol.

Things I found today after I drive it.

Needs new Balljoints
Needs alignment
And the clutch pedal has been broke and welded back so I'm going to get a used one tomorrow from salvage yard.

Stay tuned as more updates will follow
Old 11-18-2013, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw that you sold your 83 and wanted to follow your T100, so here i am. Do you have any pics?
Old 11-18-2013, 01:03 PM

No pics? Sounds like a great deal!
Old 11-18-2013, 04:45 PM

Okay sorry for the delay on the pics guys. I snapped a couple today.
Name:  null_zps25867f68.jpg
Views: 2662
Size:  201.5 KB
Name:  null_zpsa167ae81.jpg
Views: 2641
Size:  271.7 KB
Old 11-18-2013, 05:00 PM

Wow...that's way better than I had pictured. I see why you got her now.

She's a little chubby...but she has a great personality.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:00 PM

Okay today was a pretty good day. I went to the DMV and got truck legal. That costed a good bit. I had to pay taxes on the blue book value which was around $2800.00 I believe. Not to ad bad for a old 95 model.

Anyhow after all that I went to salvage yard and picked up some Taillights, ash tray, clutch pedal assembly, And cup holder. I also stopped by the local parts store and bought front brake pads, both front calipers, 1157 bulbs, and a fuel filter.

When I got home I figured I'd install the new clutch pedal. Upon removing it I discovered that not only was the pedal broken but the firewall was cracked too. So I had to fix that. Here's some pictures on how I fixed it. Maybe it can help others and it was petty creative.
Name:  null_zps550400fd.jpg
Views: 2395
Size:  165.1 KB
Name:  null_zps7a6da56d.jpg
Views: 2440
Size:  52.6 KB
Name:  null_zps0a374412.jpg
Views: 2382
Size:  58.1 KB
Name:  null_zpsd1f1b47f.jpg
Views: 2406
Size:  172.8 KB
Name:  null_zps892371bf.jpg
Views: 2428
Size:  112.3 KB
Name:  null_zps0bde64b9.jpg
Views: 2376
Size:  112.0 KB
That took some time but it paid off. The clutch feels like a brand new one now.

I still have a few problems with other things tho.
My brakes SUCK... When I hit the pedal it goes almost to the floor. If I pump it a time or two it will stiffen up but It bleeds off. It will not hold solid. I've bleed these brakes several different times and just can't figure it out. I have no leaks so I'm assuming its brake booster or master cylinder.

My other problem is a hesitation. The truck hesitates upon on a hard throttle. Kinda misses a little. I changed the fuel filter and dropped a can of seafome in the tank. But that hasn't seemed to help. I've hooked it up to a scanner and it's only got one fault code and that's a oxygen sensor PO135... I've erased it and it came back within 5 miles. So I guess I got deal with that too. Other then those two problems it seems to be doing good
Old 11-18-2013, 05:05 PM

Wow...that's way better than I had pictured. I see why you got her now. She's a little chubby...but she has a great personality.
i couldn't resist it after settling on a price ya know. The frame is excellent and the body is pretty good. The only rust is the fender lip on both sides of bed, small hole I'm right front fender and two small holes in right rocker panel. So it's well worth what I've given for it. Now I just need to lift it and go from those 31's to some 33's lol... Then it will look less as wide lol.. The room in this thing is freaking awesome. I bet 20 clowns could fit in the cab of this thing with room for more lol. I will grab some interior shots tomorrow at work. The interior is in great shape other then the driver seat which is down right awful looking.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:16 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea, inside is huge vs a mini truck huh?
Old 11-19-2013, 08:44 AM

From the pics, the body looks really solid. It looks like there is only a little rust on the passenger fender and bedside. Even though you have to do some small repairs, like ball joints and stuff, it's a steal for $1000
Old 11-19-2013, 09:36 AM

Yeah I'm highly highly satisfied with my purchase. I do miss the lil 93 because it was just a fun little toy. But this t100 has really drown itself onto me. Guys I've never driven a 3.4 before but I now know why everyone does the 3.4 swap. It runs like a small block lol. This engine in a mini truck would be sweet.

But like I said I'm still having a little hesitation issue with it. I bought new Denso plugs today and some plug wires. Also got some MAF sensor cleaner so I'm hoping that fixes my issue. At full throttle it doesn't have the get up and go that it should. You can feel and hear it trying but it sometimes cracks a little as it's trying to go. But other then that the engine is solid. So I'm assuming my issue is either fuel or spark because the only code I have is PO135. Don't really think that will cause it.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:39 AM

Looking good, nice find, you cant beat the price!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:37 PM

Thanks for the comments guys. Means a lot to see that I have a few followers.

We'll after work today I done some more work to the ole T100. Stopped by the auto store and bought the following and installed this evening once I got home.

Moog idler arm - yeah I know Moog but that's all they had and mine was shot.
MAF cleaner
Denso spark plugs
Spark plug wires
Coil pack boots
Balljoints yet to install tho

As of right now the truck is running great. My hesitation is gone now but I've not really got to drive it much. I will find out for certain when I head out to work tomorrow.

Oh heres a pic of the engine I took while I was at work earlier. Little dusty but in all it's clean. No oil leaks
Name:  null_zpsd810b6e9.jpg
Views: 3467
Size:  160.3 KB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
null_zpsd810b6e9.jpg (160.3 KB, 159 views)
Old 11-19-2013, 04:50 PM

Pretty clean engine bay....... and thats good no leaks :-)

Quick Reply: Mikes T100 Build Thread