Corey's 2007 FJ Cruiser Build-Up Thread - Page 23 - YotaTech Forums

FJ Cruiser (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Corey's 2007 FJ Cruiser Build-Up Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2017, 11:46 AM   #441
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Added Rotopax Fuel Can 3-4-2017

Took off one of my 2 gallon Rotopax water jerry cans, and swapped in a 2 gallon fuel can.
Having the two water ones would be nice, but still not enough H2O for a long camping trip, so I will still have to carry water inside the rig.

I figure it might not be a bad idea to carry a little extra fuel, that is about 32 miles worth of fuel if I get low.

Link:

2 Gallon Gasoline

Pictures:

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:16 AM   #442
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Relocated Fire Extinguisher And Mounted Fiskars Axe 3-19-2017

Took the fire extinguisher off of my Springtail Solutions rack/table from my rear door, and relocated it to the Springtail Mpac Siderack next to the Powertank.
With it in the other location, I had to take it out of its holder whenever I wanted to put the table down to do any cooking on the rear table.

Also picked up a Fiskars X15 chopping axe at 23.5" long.
I like the axe after watching videos and seeing reviews on it, as it has a wedge shape in the head which helps with splitting firewood.
All set now for campfire wood duties with the small Gerber Bear Grylls hatchet I picked up over the winter for kindling, and the Katanaboy folding saw for sawing up downed limbs/logs.

I had some Quick-Fist mounts from some Four Trek mounts I use to use on the stock roof rack when I had an axe and shovel mounted up there oh so long ago.
I did move the first aid kit to the far right, it was over to the left some before, but I had to move it so the axe would clear.

I was also able to keep the Molle bag on the rear door that holds the two new small backpacking type stoves I just got, a couple of fuel bottles, a small MSR cookpot, and plastic silverware.
The table folds down now with no problems with having to remove anything first like I did before with the fire extinguisher.

Links:

Fiskars X15 Chopping Axe, 23.5-Inch Fiskars X15 Chopping Axe, 23.5-Inch

GERBER Bear Grylls Survival Hatchet GERBER Bear Grylls Survival Hatchet

Silky KatanaBoy Professional Series, 500mm XL Teeth Silky KatanaBoy Professional Series, 500mm XL Teeth

Pictures:

Quickfist mounts bolted to the rack

Fiskar axe all mounted up

Table down with the two stoves, and a few pots on them I picked up over the winter
I often use those inside my home as they are non stick, and very light weight.

Shot with the Gerber hatchet and Katanaboy 500 saw

Another shot of the hatchet and Katanaboy

The Adventure Tool Company Toolroll sure came in handy today

With the Molle bag back in place again on the rack

Fire extinguisher in its new home, only the 4th time it has been relocated, and hopefully the last
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote