Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Yotalockers.com - Elockers for Tyota Tacomas & 4RUnners

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 10:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yotalockers.com - Elockers for Toyota Tacomas & 4Runners

Happy to report that Harrop Eaton ELockers are now available for Tacomas & 4RUnners. We import and stock Harrops to replace non-OEM factory lockers in back and offer a non-air locker for the front.

Visit www.Yotalockers.com for fitment, part numbers, pricing and tech info.

Last edited by Cruiser Brothers; 12-06-2016 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:21 PM
FormerVendor

PINK UNICORN ALERT -
THE WORLD'S FIRST HARROP EATON ELOCKER FOR TACOMA / TUNDRA / T-100 / SEQUOIA / PRE RUNNER REARS

The first one off the production line is now in my 2002 Tacoma. We have delivered several others and are taking orders for these babies. The guys at Torfab in Everett, WA jumped in with both feet to make this happen in a hurry. As always, strong technical skills together with great customer service made for an excellent experience.

The very first Harrop Eaton ELocker model # A13457 - 12 bolt, 8.4" traction solution. Selected high points from the install gallery, with more to follow. Jump to the bottom to see how an 80/100 Series OEM 2-locker switch is fit to replace the clock, which I cannot see anyway.

The 2-locker switch will soon support a front Harrop model # A11167.

These Tacoma / Tundra Harrops are in production and we are taking orders for January delivery. Tell your friends and stay tuned!

Old 01-10-2017, 03:27 PM

This is the coolest news I've seen in a while. A front e-locker is now at the top of my list for spendy mods.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dromomaniac
This is the coolest news I've seen in a while. A front e-locker is now at the top of my list for spendy mods.
Spendy but satisfying.....my front is going in later this month. Shop got backed up, what with the holidays and all.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cruiser Brothers
Spendy but satisfying.....my front is going in later this month. Shop got backed up, what with the holidays and all.
Oh, agreed! I've been too busy to check in on Yotatech much, and I'm surprised there is not more running-around-in-circles-of-tearful-joy about this! A front elocker is a massive game changer, IMO. As soon as I've sussed out the last few restorative tasks on the taco (almost done), I'll be on this. Great work bringing this to (edit: the North American) market!

Last edited by dromomaniac; 01-10-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dromomaniac
Oh, agreed! I've been too busy to check in on Yotatech much, and I'm surprised there is not more running-around-in-circles-of-tearful-joy about this! A front elocker is a massive game changer, IMO. As soon as I've sussed out the last few restorative tasks on the taco (almost done), I'll be on this. Great work bringing this to (edit: the North American) market!
Your kind words mean more than you can know. We have sold around 250 of these units in the last two years - 1/3 of them in the last three months. Most of our total sales have been to Land Cruiser 80, 100, 200 Series - with Tacoma and 4Runners following more recently.

We have signed on as vendor sponsors, established topic threads, done the posts, etc. but at the end of the day, not much organic action - in spite of banner ads, promo, etc.

Non-LC owners get excited when they find us, but we still aren't getting the traffic we would have expected. Not complaining, just kind of surprised by the rather tepid response.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:15 AM

Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts
I'm excited, I definitely want to put one in the front of my '88 4Runner and I'm glad you guys have brought these to the US market. Hoping it will fit into the budget this year. I'm thrilled that there is a selectable option other than Air, I've seen your banner ads, been to your website, read threads on MUD, and the 4WD Toyota Owner article, so I think you are laying all the right groundwork. I already have a rear Aussie locker, and I'm happy with it, but for the front I really want something selectable. My only option was ARB until now, and I'm much more confident in using an Electric locker than air, although I'm certain ARB quality is top notch, I just feel like there are too many potential points of failure with air. Hang in there with us, hopefully the minitruck/4Runner crowd will perk up in 2017.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:57 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks - while the banner ads and topic threads seem to help, the two most productive "sales tools" have been word of mouth and a couple of window stickers. These things are not inexpensive, but a quality product with unique properties that present good value for many users. Happy owners tell their friends (and strangers) and then the phone rings!

We helped Harrop understand the need for an 8.4" elocker and they built one (they don't have them in Australia). We told them about later Tundra demand front and rear and they are working on them. There are some gaps in coverage such as the 8" axles equipped with OEM elockers and the new 8.9" Tacoma axles, but pretty much all the other offroad Toyotas are covered.

Cruiser Brothers' primary business is distribution of Terrain Tamer repair parts and kits along with high performance brakes, so the Harrops are something of a sideline, but we also sell install kits, diff rebuild kits, gears, etc. and we work primarily through installing shops/resellers.

For us it is all about keeping customer rigs on the road and on the trail. Thanks for your kind words. Glad to know the online effort is getting through.

Ward
Old 04-08-2018, 05:02 PM

Installed a front e locker in my 14 Tacoma from cruiser brothers. Unbelievably awesome in soft sand. Pricey but worth the investment. Cost about the same as a big winch and bumper. Installation is not easy, the clamshell style diff housing is a hassle to work with so unless u do it ur self plan on spending some dollars on install. Turn ur Toyota into a Kubota, true 4WD.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:23 PM
ZUK

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Lavacrawlers808
Installed a front e locker in my 14 Tacoma from cruiser brothers. Unbelievably awesome in soft sand. Pricey but worth the investment. Cost about the same as a big winch and bumper. Installation is not easy, the clamshell style diff housing is a hassle to work with so unless u do it ur self plan on spending some dollars on install. Turn ur Toyota into a Kubota, true 4WD.

Agreed. The clams are a tough one to re-gear or even to put any selectable locker in and congrats to you for apparently accomplishing that task
Old 04-09-2018, 01:25 PM
ZUK

Harrop elocker.....

Just splitting the case open causes grief for some.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:28 PM
ZUK

Just having a good selection of factory washer plates to reset the backlash and carrier bearing preloads is uncommon.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:34 PM
ZUK

Never hurts to test the elocker after closing the clam up.....here, I'm using a piece of history to measure the resistance of the magnetic coil.

A typical 3.9 ohms.

I got lucky on this 8"clam.....only had to change out the left and right washer plates once or twice.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:35 PM
ZUK

That Harrop is now in the front of CJ's 2015 Taco.

Last edited by ZUK; 04-15-2018 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:44 PM

[left]My mechanic took2.5 days to complete the install. I observed some of the process, dial indicatators Micrometers,several assemblies and disassembles of the #*=* clamshell, what a nitemare but the end result is absolutely positively worth it.Like I said, true 4WD.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:10 PM
ZUK

"#*=* clamshell"

That is a good name for the clams
Old 04-09-2018, 02:15 PM

[left]
My mechanic took2.5 days to complete the install. I observed some of the process, dial indicatators Micrometers,several assemblies and disassembles of the #*=* clamshell, what a nitemare but the end result is absolutely positively worth it.Like I said, true 4WD.