Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

YOTA owners don't acknowledge each other most of the time,what ashame!

Old 12-03-2004, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YOTA owners don't acknowledge each other most of the time,what ashame!

Speaking as a 4runner admirer and owner I'm allways surprise to see how most 4runner drivers don't give a thumbs up to a fellow yota enthusiast. Just curious, do you give a wave or thumbs up to a fellow yota owner when stopped at a red light? Maybe most yota owners don't appreciate their vehicles like they should.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Banned

its the non appreciation thing... when an enthusiast sees another they give soem sort of acknowledgement, well i do..... but when i see a run of the mill 4runner or toyota truck, there are jsut sooooooooooo many of them that most people just look at you funny or are like wtf is this guy doing?> they dont know there is a following..... its like the jeep thing they wave to each oterh... but think about the small number of people who are enthusiasts versus the huge market mass of people that are a soccer mom car....
Old 12-03-2004, 10:41 PM

Yea, I know from being on the Corvette forum and driving a Corvette whenever you pass another Corvette you always give them a wave. It's pretty cool but sometimes you find some C5 owners that dont' understand. For the overwhelming majority they acknowledge other Corvette drivers. But maybe there are too many Yotas on the road?
Old 12-03-2004, 10:46 PM

There is definitely the different types of owners. Not just Yotas, but everything. When I used to ride motorcycles, riders on sports don't wave to cruisers or harleys... and visa versa.

But yea, waving at soccer mom (unless she's a MILF)... or Mr. Conservative will just get you weird looks.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Banned

i wave often when i see other 4th gens ... they usually roll their eyes at me because most around here are college girls, and they aren't very nice! sometimes i wave at other gen. 4runners that seem to be driven by someone who appreciates his/her truck, and they'll wave back most of the time. no one takes the initiative to wave at me though. and guys who appreciate my truck see me and decide it must not be mine, so they don't say anything. arg.

one time though, a guy came and found me in a restaurant and said, "i LOOOOOVE your truck!!!" and then left.

Old 12-04-2004, 02:56 AM

I drive a ridiculous amount of miles down interstates and pass tons of Runner's and Taco's. Never, and I mean never, has anyone ever acknowledged me first. When I do wave (and I always wave other taco's and runners') I get the WTF are you waving at me for!? It's kinda unfortunate even younger drivers my age have no clue. I must say though, my WHITE tacoma sure attracts the ladies(I know it can't be me haha). Last night I had two beautiful women pull up beside me and wink, then blow kisses my way!
Old 12-04-2004, 04:52 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rngrchad
Last night I had two beautiful women pull up beside me and wink, then blow kisses my way!
did you pull over at a "rest" stop with them then?

I get the "you're a fag" look when I wave at people or they flip me the bird. When I was in Louisianna after I had just bought my 4Runner new, I used to wave at other 4Runners and they would wave back, but that's just how Louisianna people are for the most part, freindly. Now, Texas that was a different story, the people there were major a-holes to everyone no matter what so I never got waves, it's not a nice place. Here in Greenville, people are just not educated enough I think to understand what it means. In Mobile, AL where I'm from, everybody waves Toyota or american car, it's just the southern hospitality.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:48 AM

Usually I'll wave at someone who has a older gen 4Runner/Yota, or one that has mods installed. I figure they're not just your "daily driver toy" owner. I typically will get waves back. I stopped waving at "new" vehicles. They're the one that give you the "WTF" look.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:52 AM
Banned

i was at discount tire this morning and a guy told me that i had "one sweet rig!" and said he had a double cab at home and we could go get dirty together sometime.

i'm not sure if that had double meaning or not, but i took the compliment and ditched the rest.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:55 AM

i don't. our trucks are so cool, therefore, all over the place. i wouldn't have time to drive if i was constantly waving.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:57 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by r0cky
i was at discount tire this morning and a guy told me that i had "one sweet rig!" and said he had a double cab at home and we could go get dirty together sometime.

i'm not sure if that had double meaning or not, but i took the compliment and ditched the rest.
he was probably checking out you rear end too, I'd say he was being a punster.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:18 AM
Contributing Member

I'll wave at other Toy owners if their truck has something special about it but otherwise most trucks are just to get from point A to point B.

Vettes are different because it's a niche crowd and people buy Vettes for a purpose whether it's to race or just look cool.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:52 AM
Contributing Member

When I was still living in Cali, there were TONS of modified Yota's running around...TONS. I'd wave, or get the wave 3 or 4 times a day! Boy, was that fun!

Out here in WY, EVERY last frikin nasty car waves...soo stupid. You think I'm going to wave back to a rusty old Buick?
Old 12-04-2004, 09:00 AM

yeah, i wave at other taco drivers if there is something special about their truck and its obvious that they are a enthusiast, otherwise they are just regular people who bought the truck and in 4 years will trade it in on something else, they are such common vehicles that most people are not enthusiasts
Old 12-04-2004, 02:51 PM

I don't usually wave to other Toyota truck owners unless I can see that they appreciate their rig's capabilities. I usually get "the nod" more than a wave though. Mostly its just a stare or a doubletake. The best reaction that I have received was from a hot blonde who honked on the horn and gave me a thumbs up with her hand held high above the roof of her Jetta though. Too bad that she was going in the opposite direction!
Old 12-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Contributing Member

I just wave to modifed rigs. Toys or not.

We are driving soccer mom rigs, like it or not. The enthusiests are few and far between.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Why didn't you make a u-turn?
Old 12-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Scofco
I just wave to modifed rigs. Toys or not.

We are driving soccer mom rigs, like it or not. The enthusiests are few and far between.
I haven't seen too many soccer moms in a rig like mine, sorry but that's just incorrect. the 4th gens are soccer mom rigs.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by keisur
the 4th gens are soccer mom rigs.

P.S. This thread gets my vote for "stupidest thread EVER" beyond the "I'm just a girl" one...
Old 12-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Contributing Member

this isn't the first thread about "the wave" either, Mr. PriateBoard!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: YOTA owners don't acknowledge each other most of the time,what ashame!